Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chihuahua Inus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Been thinking about Felarya's new race lately, the inus, and I've come up with a couple new species for them. One is still in the making, but here's one that I've finished. They're Chihuahua Inus. Hope you all like it. Also, please let me know your thoughts. I enjoy feedback. ^^

Edit: Due to some very well detailed criticism, I have been able to rework the info to make it more detailed and take out anything that could possibly be offensive. Thanks for all the criticism thus far and I hope to hear more from everyone.

Race: Inu

Type: Chihuahua

Appearance: Smaller in size than most Inus, with long whiskers, short tails and perky, yet floppy ears.

Habitat: Chihuahua Inus usually live in the warmer regions of Felarya. They can live in hot places such as a desert due to their small size, making it easier to resist the heat due to having less body fat and their briliant idea of weaving straw hats to beat the sun, providing shade wherever they go, or they could live in cooler regions such as Negav. They do not, however, do so well in cold areas of Felarya. They avoid areas such as mountains or snowy areas. Their small bodies may be resistant to large amounts of heat, but do not do so well in cold areas.

Social: Chihuahua Inus Are extremely friendly, however just like a Chihuahua barks in the world we live in, Chihuahua Inus speak extremely fast and often jumble their words up. This is due to their K-9 enheritence natural instinct. They tend to get very excited when they talk. Because of this, they are great conversationists.

Diet: Like all Inus, Chihuahua Inus consider chocolate to be deadly and often use it as a means to insult others. Needless to say, chocolate would not be the best gift to give them unless you like dodging sharp objects that suddenly become air-born. Chihuahua Inus do, however, enjoy spicy food. In fact, some Chihuahua Inus judge most food on how spicy it is. If it's too bland or sweet, they won't eat it. Some like to explore difference in style though, but they still avoid chocolate.

Hobbies: Chihuahua Inus have several hobbies ranging from music playing, to dancing to partying. In fact, it is their genious minds that brought a favorite party tool to Felarya: the pinata. They are very cheerful Inus that love to have fun in any ways possible.

Combat: Though small, Chihuahua Inus know how to defend themselves. They are quick and swift, but due to their lack in size, they also lack strength. They make for great fighters that deal with speed and agility. Rogues, archers, marksmen, scouts, all these would be perfect for their natural abilities.

Last edited by neko-pet on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Definitely sounds like a good idea. We could use some more variety.
Back to top Go down
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks. Hope it catches on enough to make the wiki ^^
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm

I'd like to see more on their physiology, more on their culture, their society, etc. There's just very little information; it needs quite a bit more info, I feel. Look at other races on the wiki, and see how much info they have; the more, the better.

Though I think the biggest problem is that this may be seen as somewhat upsetting to our Latino members of the community. Fast-talking, big straw hats, fiestas, spicy food... this all could be seen as a seriously offensive Mexican stereotype. I'd say tone that down a bit.

The last thing we need is people taking offense. Just be careful with this aspect of the race.

Soo... too undescriptive, and possibly offensive. Those are the too issues I'd like to see fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
I'd like to see more on their physiology, more on their culture, their society, etc. There's just very little information; it needs quite a bit more info, I feel. Look at other races on the wiki, and see how much info they have; the more, the better.

Though I think the biggest problem is that this may be seen as somewhat upsetting to our Latino members of the community. Fast-talking, big straw hats, fiestas, spicy food... this all could be seen as a seriously offensive Mexican stereotype. I'd say tone that down a bit.

The last thing we need is people taking offense. Just be careful with this aspect of the race.

Soo... too undescriptive, and possibly offensive. Those are the too issues I'd like to see fixed.

Thank you very much. I'll work on all of those to better it. As for the stuff that could be offensive, I was basing them off of two things...first is what I've seen on tv shows where chihuahuas can talk and second is the chihuahua's habit of barking loudly and extremely fast. It might take a few days to edit this to make it less offensive, but if there's any ideas you'd like to throw in, I'd gladly except it. Since chihuahuas come from mexico, I want to make them as reletive to that culture as possible.

also, I didn't say big straw has, I just said straw hats.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Well, it's an interesting concept, but there are some details here that could really be expanded upon.

I find your creation of similarities between their own culture and that of Latino peoples is interesting, particularly given that with the habitat they are stated to reside in, some of the resemblances are actually sensible. For example, the sun hat thing, that would actually be the work of ingenuity to overcome an environmental challenge. It works well in that regard. Although the possibility that I'm analyzing something relatively simple far too deeply is a very real one, it's also logical that their adaptations as a species cause them to bare a resemblance to their animal namesake. If my thinking here is correct, a smaller creature would be suited for such an environment as there isn't excessive bodily fat present to give insulation, meaning the desert heat could be tolerated for far longer periods. That's what I thought was well done.

That all aside though, it really seems to be a skeleton of a description. Your explanations of their social mannerisms and other such valuable information is nearly non existent, which is bothersome. More precise dietary descriptions would also be appreciated and help to overall quality of the concept. Levels of civilization too could provide a great deal more in the ways of things you have to say about them, because the organization or lack thereof of a species or subspecies is important when it comes to helping readers attain a picture of how they work. There's really a great many things you could elaborate upon that would make this more likely to be well received.

Unless you rework this, it will have some awkward racial implications as well as just not be a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:
Well, it's an interesting concept, but there are some details here that could really be expanded upon.

I find your creation of similarities between their own culture and that of Latino peoples is interesting, particularly given that with the habitat they are stated to reside in, some of the resemblances are actually sensible. For example, the sun hat thing, that would actually be the work of ingenuity to overcome an environmental challenge. It works well in that regard. Although the possibility that I'm analyzing something relatively simple far too deeply is a very real one, it's also logical that their adaptations as a species cause them to bare a resemblance to their animal namesake. If my thinking here is correct, a smaller creature would be suited for such an environment as there isn't excessive bodily fat present to give insulation, meaning the desert heat could be tolerated for far longer periods. That's what I thought was well done.

That all aside though, it really seems to be a skeleton of a description. Your explanations of their social mannerisms and other such valuable information is nearly non existent, which is bothersome. More precise dietary descriptions would also be appreciated and help to overall quality of the concept. Levels of civilization too could provide a great deal more in the ways of things you have to say about them, because the organization or lack thereof of a species or subspecies is important when it comes to helping readers attain a picture of how they work. There's really a great many things you could elaborate upon that would make this more likely to be well received.

Unless you rework this, it will have some awkward racial implications as well as just not be a very good idea.
Thank you very much for your praise and critique. You've given me a clear picture of things I could work on. I will Get to work on it with this in mind.
Back to top Go down
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm

well, I was able to change it up faster than I thought. Hoping this is better. ^^
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 pm

The improvement you've made in such a relatively short period is great. It's nice to see it when someone actually implements advice they are given regarding an idea. It could still use a bit more, or so I'd be inclined to think personally as that is just my way. But it has shaped up quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Thank you very much. It is your advice that gave me the most shape to it. I always pride myself on taking advice from others and using it to the best of my skill. If you could, could you tell me what kinds of things could be improved?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chihuahua Inus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chihuahua Inus   Chihuahua Inus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chihuahua Inus
Page 1 of 1