Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bat harpys/bat girls

Go down 
+4
French snack
Slimetoad
aethernavale
dragonjaj
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Bat harpys/bat girls Empty
PostSubject: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 am

Ok would a bat girl cunt as a type of harpy? ie leathery wings, large ears and echo location (like the bat hoty from bloody roar. http://images.wikia.com/bloodyroar/images/1/13/JennyAnimalBRX.jpg link for thoes that never pladed the game) But you think there could be giant bat women hunting in the night skies of Felarya? And if so do they cunt as harpys?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 am

dragonjaj wrote:
Ok would a bat girl cunt as a type of harpy? ie leathery wings, large ears and echo location (like the bat hoty from bloody roar. http://images.wikia.com/bloodyroar/images/1/13/JennyAnimalBRX.jpg link for thoes that never pladed the game) But you think there could be giant bat women hunting in the night skies of Felarya? And if so do they cunt as harpys?

Y'know, I once thought I had seen before the worst off-topic typos people could make. But you sir, you just took the cake.

As for the idea, the only ones with wings of that nature I am aware of would be the succubi. I suppose that if they did exist, they would most likely be present in Evernight predominantly, where the unique properties of a bat would be most helpful in navigation and finding prey. I couldn't really see them being cave dwellers due to the size issue, but I'm sure you could figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 am

They exist already as Terra's Banshees. Do a bit of research next time
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:44 am

Well... Harpies are bird-women. Bats are not birds. So no, bat-women cannot be categorised as harpies.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 am

French snack wrote:
Well... Harpies are bird-women. Bats are not birds. So no, bat-women cannot be categorised as harpies.

Yeah, that's something I always wondered about. Banshees have been under the Harpies section for a while. Always seemed like it was a very loose connection at best, and that Banshees may be more fitting in one of the "minor races" pages.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:50 am

rcs619 wrote:

Yeah, that's something I always wondered about. Banshees have been under the Harpies section for a while. Always seemed like it was a very loose connection at best, and that Banshees may be more fitting in one of the "minor races" pages.

The wiki says they "seem to have branched off from all other harpy species a long time ago", which would suggest some common ancestry... Which is a little odd, but it would make them a borderline case. Still, since they're essentially bat-girls, it would indeed seem more logical to list them under "other races".
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:43 am

French snack wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

The wiki says they "seem to have branched off from all other harpy species a long time ago", which would suggest some common ancestry... Which is a little odd, but it would make them a borderline case. Still, since they're essentially bat-girls, it would indeed seem more logical to list them under "other races".

Yeah, I think that may have just been added since they do share a very similar body structure (wings instead of arms, and non-human legs and feet). That entry is pretty old though. It may be good to get into contact with their creator (...i think its Terra. Im pretty sure she had something to do with them anyway), and maybe get her to update the entry a little.
Back to top Go down
thejackle123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
thejackle123

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm not sure how useful echo-location would be on Felarya, most of the other predators have the predator sense which is pretty versatile.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 pm

thejackle123 wrote:
I'm not sure how useful echo-location would be on Felarya, most of the other predators have the predator sense which is pretty versatile.
The predator sense had been explained and affect mostly magic-inclined creatures.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

thejackle123 wrote:

Yeah, the predator sense was never meant to apply to everyone.

It is mainly present in Nagas (as a sort of magical equivalent to a snake's heat sensing abilites) and in Fairies (since they are so sensitive to magical fields anyway). Weaker variants are found in a handful of other magically inclined species as well.

The predator sense is by no means pin-point accurate. At most, it will let that pred know that there is someone hiding in the nearby area. It is entirely possible to hide from, say, a naga...even if it knows you are there with its magical field sense. It may hang around longer trying to find you, but it isn't a 100% accurate sense. Also, it tends to be fairly short-ranged, and its effectiveness drops off dramatically the further it is away from someone who sets it off. A naga is much more likely to smell or hear you at long range than it is to sense your magical field.

Echo-location would be extremely useful. Real-world echo-location is extremely sensitive and extremely precise. There's a reason bats can fly in massive swarms, in pitch blackness without never running into eachother. This sense would be invaluable to the Banshees living in the Evernight Forest as well, since it would give them a huge advantage of actually being able to "See" their surroundings, something that very few other species there can do.

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Before someone brings up Crisis' old bio about how it could give her quite a lot of info such as the approximate size of the creature among other things, I'd like to point that it's either because the bio was when Felarya was pretty much centered around Crisis and friends, thus would make it outdated, or because Crisis has been using it pretty much ever since she was born, thus it's exceptionally sharp for her.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:18 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Yeah, I think that may have just been added since they do share a very similar body structure (wings instead of arms, and non-human legs and feet). That entry is pretty old though. It may be good to get into contact with their creator (...i think its Terra. Im pretty sure she had something to do with them anyway), and maybe get her to update the entry a little.

Sledgewyvers should be switched too, they're even further from normal harpies
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
Considers them as a mutant specie who possess scales instead of feathers and a strange tail.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Slimetoad wrote:
Considers them as a mutant specie who possess scales instead of feathers and a strange tail.

If there repties then there closer to birds then bats are warther along the gean pool but birds and mamule are both decendents of reptils so the bat girls migth be a difren evoltion brach on same tree like how dogs cats and bear have a coomon ancester
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:40 pm

dragonjaj wrote:
If there repties then there closer to birds then bats are warther along the gean pool but birds and mamule are both decendents of reptils so the bat girls migth be a difren evoltion brach on same tree like how dogs cats and bear have a coomon ancester

Sorry to take time to answer you. The topic deals mainly with bat-girls and banshee in overall. What you said is interesting but I won't pronounce myself too much on it.

As the creator of the sledgewyvers I wanted to explain myself on the choice about this specie. I show you what inspired me to create them.
Bat harpys/bat girls Wallpaper-Monster_Hunter_G-13912
Bat harpys/bat girls A-monster

And this: http://www.legendra.com/media/wallpapers/wii/monster_hunter_g/monster_hunter_g_wall_3.jpg .

As you can see contrary to the other harpies subspecies they are based on a fictional creature, as the original wyvern in monster hunter look like more than a bird than the classical dragon. So why create a creature with a behavior closed to a harpy with a different look. It's the base idea behind their creation Razz

Last edited by French snack on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing large, page-breaking image into link.)
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:29 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
dragonjaj wrote:

Sorry to take time to answer you. The topic deals mainly with bat-girls and banshee in overall. What you said is interesting but I won't pronounce myself too much on it.

As the creator of the sledgewyvers I wanted to explain myself on the choice about this specie. I show you what inspired me to create them.
Bat harpys/bat girls Wallpaper-Monster_Hunter_G-13912
Bat harpys/bat girls A-monster

And this: http://www.legendra.com/media/wallpapers/wii/monster_hunter_g/monster_hunter_g_wall_3.jpg .

As you can see contrary to the other harpies subspecies they are based on a fictional creature, as the original wyvern in monster hunter look like more than a bird than the classical dragon. So why create a creature with a behavior closed to a harpy with a different look. It's the base idea behind their creation Razz

OK i git it. Fyi wavern are not a true dragons there a dragon desendint race. There relative but are not part of the main brach. Like drakes, wryms, Lanfwryms, Dragonkin, Lizardfolk, and draconians. Draconians are children or decendits of a half dragons and a nonhalf dragon parint. Often Human or elfs all sorssarers are of any race are draconians its the reson they can do maigc. But this is of topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bat harpys/bat girls   Bat harpys/bat girls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bat harpys/bat girls
Page 1 of 1