Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know what language this is?

Go down 
+2
Krisexy26
Stabs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Anyone know what language this is? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:02 am

Hey, I'd been looking for the lyrics to this song, but it looks like they haven't been released yet- considering this is contemporary anime, it's understandable. But meanwhile, I'd like to know what language is it written in, at least.

Already asked Ravana, I know he's a native German, so I know this ain't German. He'd have known. I'm suspecting it might be another Latin derivative, I've heard enough L and R sounds there to know it can't be Japanese.

So, if you can tell me anything, I'd like to hear it. All I can distinguish is the chorus "This is a fight to change the world" in English, and the lead singer saying "Nibelungenliad" at around 1:24, but I doubt for some reason it might be Norwegian. If it's English, the singers aren't.

Well, I'd love to know what language they used for Toyotomi Hideyoshi in Sengoku Basara Ni. He made Goku look like a braindead wuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQ1GmWlDxY
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

eh...mandarin or japenese? :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I think I heard a bit of english.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:55 pm

I heard some English in there definitely, but I think there's some middle eastern European in there.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm

I think it's japanese people singing in english because their pronunciation of the english words sound a bit off. They can speak english without rolling their r's but it always comes off sounding forced.
Back to top Go down
EraDKtor
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

Stabs wrote:
Hey, I'd been looking for the lyrics to this song, but it looks like they haven't been released yet- considering this is contemporary anime, it's understandable. But meanwhile, I'd like to know what language is it written in, at least.

Already asked Ravana, I know he's a native German, so I know this ain't German. He'd have known. I'm suspecting it might be another Latin derivative, I've heard enough L and R sounds there to know it can't be Japanese.
I too wondered what the exact lyrics might be so I looked around a bit and it is actually German (except for the one English sentence everyone seems to understand). I found the lyrics on some japanese website...
The pronunciation is a bit odd, which is fine considering it's a song. I'm a native German myself and I too didn't notice it before even though there is a very prominent sentence in it (where you heard "Niebelungenlied" - which is German as well, not Norwegian)...

Here are the lyrics:

Die Kriege über lange Zeit.
Der Wiederaufbau des Landes.
This is a fight to change the world.

Der Wiederaufbau des Landes.

Ich befehlige unter dieser Fahne starke Soldaten.
Mit der Faust ziehle ich auf den Wiederaufbau dieses Landes.

Sie irren im Nebel umher.

Der Mond scheint auf ruhiges Schlachtfeld.
Der Wind lädt sie zum Feld ein.
Der Mond scheint auf ruhiges Schlachtfeld.
Dieses Feld.
Dieses Feld.

(Chorus)

Translation:

The wars over a long time.
The reconstruction of this country/land.
The wars over a long time.

Under this flag I command strong soldiers.
With the fist I aim for the reconstruction of this country/land.

They wander around in the mist.

The moon shines on a quiet battlefield.
The wind invites them to the field.
The moon shines on a quiet battlefield.
This field.
This field.

The German grammar is not entirely correct but quite OK considering other japanese attempts.....
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks a lot, EraDKtor. It had been bugging me for a while already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what language this is?   Anyone know what language this is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what language this is?
Page 1 of 1