Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please give me a reason to stay

Go down 
+5
ZionAtriedes
Krisexy26
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Mortis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Please give me a reason to stay Empty
PostSubject: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:57 am

Felarya is slipping away from me. All my RPs die, my stories draw no noticeable attention, I have heavily changed my character and I have started posting on different forums. I am moving on.

Felarya started everything. Gave me the inspiration to RP and write stories. But when I see my RP's die without fail and my stories fail to gain popularity, I am given pause. I feel like I lack purpose, the inspiration or creative skill neccessary to get people to enjoy my stories. And when you post a chapter of your story and hardly anyone comments, it is difficult to believe people like your work. Crying or Very sad

Felarya is fading from my mind. I visit it less and less each day. It is only a matter of time until I forget about it completely. Though I will always have a place for this forum and its users in my heart, I feel like this is goodbye. sobsob

It makes me sad to think I am leaving but what can I do about it? I don't have a reason to go on. I don't have any fans to write for, I don't have any close friends to stay for, and my RP's continue to fail.

I ask you all to give me a reason to stay. I don't want to leave this place but if there is nothing for me here then I may as well not waste my time. Should I stay? Or should I go? Sad
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:40 am

WHaddaya mean you don't have any friends to stay for?! >:O How could you forget about Nyaha? I will be seriously disappointed to see you go. Sad I don't take any of my friendships lightly, and I have always considered you my friend, even though we haven't chatted much. You're a nice guy and I really want to get to know you better. Please, don't leave just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:54 am

So, the Felarya forums started this, but the forums are only a start.
Forums aren't really a good way of communicating, it's quite hard to form relationships with people over them.
Mortis, did you ever communicate with anyone in the community via an instant messenger or something like Ventrilo? Those ways are the best method available to us for communicating with people.
If you don't do this, you're limiting yourself, as it's quite ahrd to really get to know someone a forum. When people know you they are more interested in you. THeya re more likely to look at your work and give you advice.

I'll use an example. The "In Negav" roleplay has been pretty successful so far. One of the reasons for this was because JT communicated his intent to create a Negav roleplay before he made it on Ventrilo. People there showed interest. In the roleplay, participants are collaborating, discussing possible outcomes and moves by their characters. This is one of the reasons the roleplay have been kept alive and it's a great way to keep any roleplay alive.

In short, take your involvement to the next level. I think you'll find that you want to stay far mroe once you get to know people.
If you see this shortly after I post it try getting on the Felarya Ventrilo and talking to a few of us. You don't need to make an account, just choose a username. Take a look at this tutorial on how to get on the Felarya Ventrilo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Choose about yourself. If you have no fun here, I don't think it'll be worth it to stay :/

But i you like it very very very much, just keep contact Razz
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Yes, AJ hit the nail on the head. I didn't really have many friends here until I got involved on the Vent (and trust me, that's almost three years of just lurking around every so often and trying to interject into discussions here and there), and then things took off quite quickly. Now I find myself sometimes being asked to give my opinions of things, being introduced to new music, being peer-pressured into buying/playing certain games (*cough* Magicka! *cough* EVE! *cough cough*)... my stories are getting more views and comments, and all that good stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I know what you're feeling. I've considered it myself a few times. I mean, a lot of bullshit goes down, and there are quite a few people I'd rather not deal with. However, if you actually try, you'll find that there are reasons to stay.

The Vent's sometimes pretty quiet, but every so often, things pick up and it gets fun. If your first few times there are uneventful, don't be discouraged. I like to just keep it open while I browse the Net, in case someone knew comes in with a subject to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

I... Have friends here? People consider me a friend? ... Thank you everyone. I didn't think I stood out here. I thought I was just a grain of sand in the storm, insignificant and easily forgettable. But I guess not. Thank you all so much for the kind words and advice. I have been really depressed lately.

Unfortunately, ventrilo is not possible. I still live with my parents and I don't ever plan on exposing my secrets to them. How the hell would I explain talking to you all? Besides, my laptop blew up and I have to use my mothers now. Msn or aim could work though. Thanks again for caring. Neutral
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Ventrilo has a chat box so you don't need to use a mic.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I see, I can't come online now though because I don't have it. Also I am browsing the Internet on my phone ATM. Give me a link to our ventrilo room and I promise I will get online sometime tomorrow. I got a ton of stuff to do.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:48 pm

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Hostname or IP: felarya.clanvent.com
Port: 8878

There is no password. All you need to do is download vent and enter the server info.

Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:15 pm

I've been making it a habit to visit the ventrilo more often. If you feel disheartened regarding Felarya, the vent is a great way to put some OOMF back into it. Give it a try sometime, you might see me on there.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I had been reading your stories. Actually, I read through a lot more than I comment on, mostly because the time I can spend online varies greatly from time to time and day to day. However, I did like what times I had to talk to you, and would be sad if you left. Still, it's not my choice, I can just make recommendations. Try getting into some of the other parts of the community, as others have said. You may find what you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Dude, I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you...

Only you aren't generally viewed as an annoyance (if you're remembered at all). The fact that there are in fact folks here who would miss you and consider you a friend is enough reason to stay, I'd think...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Don't think I have forgotten about you guys! I really want to get ventrilo but it has failed to download 4 times in a row. I am trying to get it sorted. Look forward to chatting with you all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:39 am

4 times in a row?
That's a pain. What happens, does the connection cut?
If that's the case and you're using firefox or something else that uses .part files for downloads, I recommend getting the classic version of Flashget.
F;ashget is a download manager that allows you to import "fix" broken downloads from firefox and other browsers. It also supports pausing and resuming downloads, which is very useful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:06 am

Sweet, I got the Vent working finally. I will pop in from time to time to see if there is anyone to chat with. But remember I dont use my mike so I will be talking in the text chat instead. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, you have Vent and apparently a new RP... Reason enough?
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:44 am

There is now. And its all thanks to you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please give me a reason to stay   Please give me a reason to stay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please give me a reason to stay
Page 1 of 1