Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis) Empty
PostSubject: Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)   Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis) Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:25 am

My debut story is coming soon (expect the first chapter tomorrow or Friday, more likely Friday, since I'm going to see The Hangover 2 with some friends tomorrow night), but here's some minor character who'll appear in that story and probably whatever else I write here, as well. Keep in mind, these are just the outlines of the characters, not everything there is to know about them. They'll be fleshed out a lot more in the actual stories, but for now, here's the introductions.

LET'S BEGIN

KARNE
Race: Neko
Height: 6'10"
Appearance:
- Dark skin
- Very muscular
- Deep green eyes
- Black hair long and wild, looks like a lion's mane with his beard
- Torso and arms covered in scars, back and face covered in tribal tattoos
- Proud of his scars and tattoos, and so usually neglects to wear a shirt to show them (there's enough eye candy for us dudes in Felarya, why not some for the ladies?)
Backstory:
The eldest of three siblings, Karne's family was born into a Neko-dominated world in the midst of a brutal global war. When he was 15, his parents were both killed, leaving him to care for his brother, Hallo, and sister, Malka. His father had trained him to be a soldier, and so he did the only thing he knew how to do to put food on the table; he sold himself as a mercenary. Before long, however, his home nation became too dangerous for him to risk keeping his family in. He coerced a magi (ie. held a gun to the magi's head) skilled in dimensional magic to send them to a safer place. This magi, however, did not quite seem to understand the "safer" part, however, or something just went horribly wrong, because he sent them to Felarya instead.

Fortunately, they arrived very near Nekomura, which they reached before anything could reach them. While Hallo and Malka quickly came to love Nekomura, Karne knew they still needed money. Once his siblings were able to care for themselves, he began to wander the Multiverse, selling his services wherever someone needed a hired gun who knew what they were doing. Eventually, he worked his way up to being a mercenary in Felarya, and is now the veteran of no less than eight excursions into the jungle. He is hardened and gruff, slow to anger but even slower to trust a stranger, with a strong sense of duty and responsibility. Despite this, he has developed his own strange sort of compassion and is incredibly protective of his siblings.
"Do what you have to in order to survive- What you HAVE to do, not what you WANT to do."

ALVIS
Race: Elf
Height: 5'11"
Appearance:
- Scrawny
- Often disheveled short blond hair
- Adorkable and expressive face
- Bright, inquisitive blue-grey eyes
- Somewhat tanned
- Fond of wearing fancy Victorian era-like clothing
Backstory:
Alvis came from a world where Elves have almost entirely dropped their affinity with nature in exchange for an expertise with machinery. Because of this, he connects better with Humans than he does with most other Elves in Felarya. He does, however, possess the usual Elven want to improve and express himself and skill with ranged weaponry, although with firearms rather than bows. Curious and inquisitive to a fault, he came to Felarya to study the flora and fauna. However, he is also very cautious, and so had made little success in his studies, as his desire to not be eaten outweighs his desire to know more about, say, the mating habits of kensha beasts.

He frequently travels in between Negev and Nekomura- the former is safer, but the latter is much more interesting. He has never regarded other races as being inferior, but rather as fascinating. He has made up for his lack of insight on the things lurking in the wilds with what he's learned in the more civilized areas of Felarya. He's even managed to woo a female Neko, Malka- something her brother Karne is very displeased about.
"Now this- THIS is interesting. Take a look at this..."

MANDA
Race: Mantoid
Height: 82'
Appearance:
- Wears a top made from the scaly sapphire hide of a previous kill
- Sleepy crimson eyes
- Wears sapphire scale hide gloves over her forearms, which are covered with burns, scabs, and scars
- Half of her right antenna is missing
- Mantis claws protrude from wrists
- Long, wavy brown hair
Backstory:
For most of her life, Manda has been alone. Having set up her home in the Forest of Whispers, she's tried to make friends with the local predators, but that would require to eat small humanoids, which she finds to taste revolting. Instead, she has acquired a taste for the flesh of other giant predators, and with her incredible stealth, agility, and cunning, she is perfectly capable of bringing down a giant fairy or naga to keep herself fed for days to come, dragging the body of her kill back to her lair, where she will eat it bit by bit until only gnawed bones remain. This diet, of course, has earned her a lot of enemies, and while she tries to eat only smaller animals or vegetation, she is sometimes unable to resist the urge to taste fae blood when the chance presents itself.

In her isolation and rejection, Manda has become cold and bitter, no longer even willing to try to reach out to others. For now, the only thing she lets herself be concerned with is keeping her belly full and her body as a whole alive. Still, however, there's still a small part of her, buried away in the back of her mind, that yearns for companionship.
"Yeah, I did that. So?"

Alright, what do we think? Like I said, there's more to them than what you read here, but I'd still like to hear what some first impressions are.
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)   Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis) Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:30 pm

cant wait for your story, character look interesting. And I live how you used Karne as a name cause I use Krane in a lot of mmo's so yeah, I like his name Razz
Back to top Go down
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)   Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis) Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:14 pm

space_samurai wrote:
cant wait for your story, character look interesting. And I live how you used Karne as a name cause I use Krane in a lot of mmo's so yeah, I like his name Razz

Funny thing: I actually named Karne after my main character in World of Warcraft. Yeah, I still play WoW. What? It's fun... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)   Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor Characters pt 1 (Karne, Manda, Alvis)
Page 1 of 1