Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

General Q and A - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:56 am

I myself assumed that the creatures themselves have some sort of supernatural property that allows them to ignore the implications of the square-cube law. After all, we've seen giant-sized life outside of Felarya, so it couldn't just be an intrinsic property of the world.

Would this be a reasonable assumption?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 am

No. It's called: just nod your head and roll with it because trying to come up with a logical justification is only going to bring up more made up "science" and is all around unnecessary as it won't affect them in any shape or form.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm

I really don't see what the big deal is. Just say that giant creatures are somehow supernatural and can be giant-sized because of it. I really don't see how that would make anything more complex, it's pretty much the barest explanation possible.

Just like the whole languages thing, really. It's not much of an explanation, but at least it's an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm

If you want to go that way, be my guest. I'm just gonna disregard that "explanation" entirely since it's not gonna change anything. Explaining the lack of language barrier has a certain modicum of pragmatism (though I think just being a natural effect of Felarya instead of one giant spell would feel more organic) and has been explained in quite a number of fiction. Explaining gigantism, however, is picking at every detail possible, thinking it's more important than it really is.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

We often talk about how fairies have societies and towns and such, but I'm not sure what their houses look like. Does anyone have an idea? Is it like a bunch of tree houses, or trees that were hollowed out somewhere in the trunk? Or in some other kind of building?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:00 pm

About the square cube-law things, it's a very old point debated in this forum and was, is, and will be always bring in a discussion. It helps to develop some good idea like how fairy can change size, give a good estimation of the weight of the giant predator but the law works to some extent to the predators but not completely. We cannot apply it at 100% and handwaving by saying saying it's supernatural can be simple at the first sight but it will raise more questions than it answers. The degree of precision to answer completely to this point it's to have a real life and functional giant hybrid which means without suffering any of the complications predicted by the square cube law despite its size and a community of scientists who will make all the analyse of the debate to answer that problematic and even that we will be more confused in the end. Unless we have real case to study no matter what the explanations we can give it will be only speculative because they are pure fictional creature and the fact it's resolved or not won't change anything as it was with the size issue where the size established didn't match with the size they were depicted.

Archmage_Bael wrote:
We often talk about how fairies have societies and towns and such, but I'm not sure what their houses look like. Does anyone have an idea? Is it like a bunch of tree houses, or trees that were hollowed out somewhere in the trunk? Or in some other kind of building?
I don't know about the material but what I remembered form an old discussion with Karbo, the size of the building are not constant A fairy can live in a doll hose as her/his neighbour live in a regular size building. I varies depending the fairy who habit the place.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to answer to Bael)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 pm

How are peoples afterlife determined? (Heaven or Hell)
The only real one I've seen is what you did moments before your death...
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm

From what I gather, Angels and Demons have an innate sense that lets them "feel" someone's morality.

Of course, since there are circumstances where there is no "right" or "wrong" thing to do, I'm guessing that it can get a bit muddy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:20 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Well, I know my fairy lives inside a giant hollowed-out pumpkin. :3 Does that help?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Something on the wiki about Safe Harbor kinda stood out for me. That Jade went ahead with setting up shop close to the Giant Tree because it's impled that she REASONED with Crisis and struck a deal. Anyone care to elaborate on that?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
Well, I know my fairy lives inside a giant hollowed-out pumpkin. :3 Does that help?

Nah I'm talking about a bunch of fairies, like a town of them, a society, like the Fairy Pond, or the Fairy Kingdom, or The Crimson Wood. I know what their respective areas LOOKS like, I just don't know what their homes look like, and what a fairy neighborhood would be like.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 am

Greyman wrote:
Something on the wiki about Safe Harbor kinda stood out for me. That Jade went ahead with setting up shop close to the Giant Tree because it's impled that she REASONED with Crisis and struck a deal. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

Well, yeah. Crisis may be a predator, but that doesn't mean you can't reach an agreement with her.

It probably went something along the lines of "Don't eat anyone while they're in the village."
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Greyman wrote:

Well, yeah. Crisis may be a predator, but that doesn't mean you can't reach an agreement with her.

It probably went something along the lines of "Don't eat anyone while they're in the village."
The thing is, Crisis is notorious for thinking of Humans & Demi-Humans as nothing more than snacks. To her, Jade going "You shall not eat any Humans" is like someone going up to us saying "You will not eat any of the dozens / hundreds delicious pastries I bring you. Because." Crisis would be going "What do you mean I can't eat them? Why are you bringing them all here then?"

If she can convince Crisis that they're people, similar to how Lea convinced her, that's something else entirely. I could actually see another Giant rather reasonably convincing Crisis "oh, these are people too", especially - as a Giantess - looking essentially the same but at a larger scale. "They're all my family but vertically challenged," "I can vouch that these are people," something along those lines might work with Crisis (She's not dumb, but by no means does she have a stellar education). "Oh, so they're just little family. Okay then, sorry for thinking you were food. Smile Hey Jade, can you maybe give them something to mark them, so that I know which ones are food and which are people?"
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Nah I'm talking about a bunch of fairies, like a town of them, a society, like the Fairy Pond, or the Fairy Kingdom, or The Crimson Wood. I know what their respective areas LOOKS like, I just don't know what their homes look like, and what a fairy neighborhood would be like.

I would imagine their housing styles vary according to their area and level of technical development. Thus fairies around the Fairy Pond are likely to have simpler homes than those in Kortiki, which may be rather elaborate.

Malahite wrote:
"Hey Jade, can you maybe give them something to mark them, so that I know which ones are food and which are people?"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 am

The wiki already says that the Safe Harbor is safe from Crisis, because Jade got her word that she won't attack it. So you don't have to worry about her there.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
The wiki already says that the Safe Harbor is safe from Crisis, because Jade got her word that she won't attack it. So you don't have to worry about her there.

That's kind of exactly what I meant. Saying one place is off-limits isn't really that implausible.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am

Well, I think, from what I've read on the wiki, that fairies' houses vary greatly, or just aren't that permanent. I know that in Kortiki town, they will often invade humans' homes for fun. Living in sock drawers, and such. They're a pretty fun-loving people, so I wouldn't guess that they would be human-standard.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

That's kind of exactly what I meant. Saying one place is off-limits isn't really that implausible.
The reason it's implausible is that, to Giant Predators, it's basically like a friend coming to your house, bringing a couple dozen donuts, and saying "Oh, no, those donuts aren't for eating. They're people." I'd be rather surprised if Crisis didn't, at any point, respond "Hah, good one!" then start to reach for a few before Jade quickly slapped her hands away.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm

That's probably what happened, actually. I don't remember if Jade actually befriended Crisis beforehand, but regardless, she's got her word that she won't attack.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Malahite wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

The reason it's implausible is that, to Giant Predators, it's basically like a friend coming to your house, bringing a couple dozen donuts, and saying "Oh, no, those donuts aren't for eating. They're people." I'd be rather surprised if Crisis didn't, at any point, respond "Hah, good one!" then start to reach for a few before Jade quickly slapped her hands away.

Well, I don't know about you, but not getting the crap kicked out of me would be a pretty good incentive for me to not do something.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Well, I don't know about you, but not getting the crap kicked out of me would be a pretty good incentive for me to not do something.

Trouble it, when it comes to pure physical power, stamina, and experience out in the wild, Jade and Crisis seem pretty even. That's why I get the feeling there's a bit more to it.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Crisis is friendly and reasonable. She doesn't like violence and purposefully tries to avoid fight, going as far as stalling as much as possible even if she already knows a fight will break out sooner or later. She would know that Jade will gladly fight with any giant just to keep them away from the village, and I don't know if the two befriended each other beforehand, but Crisis is well aware that attacking the village would only result in trouble. Long story short, Crisis is not dumb.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:01 pm

I read somewhere that a section of Negav has a anti-warping magic or something to protect if from dimensional shift. I'd like to know how difficult is this magic to learn/ use?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 am

Difficult enough that a newbie trying it would explode. Oh so gloriously.
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: about location   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 am

hello everyone.

how does "Sulfur sources" (in Great Rocky Fields) looks like? Any special hints? Inhabitants? Plants? The size of zone itself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next