Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Empty
PostSubject: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:46 am

I just came up with a neat idea for a new story sometime, which I may or may not expand on.

http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/SS-Ur-Sagol-s-history-206177089?q=gallery%3Anickinamerica%2F31008026&qo=15

We can't know for sure what Ur Sagol was really destroyed for, though some assume it's something like that. Looking at some of the comments I've gotten for this.... I can't help wondering what a cool "what if?" scenario could be used for a story.... Let's say the guardians never acted, and the city was allowed to expand endlessly, mangling Felarya as we have done to this world. Could you imagine it? Giant predators being hunted by giant mechs, or smaller Felaryans being used as slaves? It could be an apocalypse. Ur Sagol could be some grand empire that dominates the landscape, being a symbol of power to countless worlds. The balance of life would be destroyed, and the purity of Felarya gone.

Maybe it could be a sort of time travel story... In which many characters we know and adore have turned out drastically different, and maybe the plot could be about some hero fighting back against the forces of the humans (maybe a fairy) who has a mission to find what's needed to perform a ritual of sorts to go to the past of this world and summon the guardians, bringing the Felarya we're.... more or less comfortable with into being, as it should be.

Whatcha' guys think? I already had a Silver Scales sequel planned... But with this, I could make a trilogy of sorts. Would you like to see something like this brought to life?
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

PostSubject: Re: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 am

Geez, people sure don't like this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 am

It's been more or less three hours since you opened this thread, so don't worry if people don't post so hastly...

So a world where Ur-Sagol would have survived? Kind of interesting.

First, let's go with the current accepted hypothesis, the "a Guardian did it" one. A Guardian destroyed the Sagolians because they were too expansionistic. So in order to Ur-Sagol to survived, we should be talking about a Felarya with no Guardians, for example, because it would be strange from them not to act against something that might compromise the balance of the world itself. So if you think of that scenario, you could think of something that stopped or even destroyed the Guardian that did it (or even all of them)... which would have been quite a big and nasty thing and then you'd ask yourself how Felarya hasn't been torn apart in the process...

Anyway, it's an interesting what-if scenario, the fact that, for some reasons, the Guardians haven't acted in time or directly didn't plan on doing something or, as I said, a "Felarya with no Guardians". Now, how could have it been if Ur-Sagol survived? Supremacy of the humankind in Felarya, driving predators to near extinction and enslaving? I think it could be a bit too drastic. Maybe with time the Sagolians would have learned of a way to co-exist with nature, yet some might have gone wary. It would give two sides of the same civilization and how both develop, which one might rise victorious... and the consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:39 pm

You mean your response is what AJ said at the bottom of the thread? I think. There's a lot of comments... XP

Actually, Ur-Sagol was destroyed because of what they knew, not because they were too expansionistic. They supposedly discovered something about Felarya and that's what caused their destruction. At least from what I've heard Karbo say/hint at.

Besides, if the guardians didn't exist the correctors would have taken over Felarya anyway, so we need the Guardians if Ur-Sagol is going to even get to that point.

There needs to be a compromise between the Guardians and Ur-Sagol when they discover whatever they discover, or we can just say they never discovered it. Perhaps there was a conflict where the guardians destroyed the source of what they discovered instead of Ur-Sagol? *and then a bunch of ideas* Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?   A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A world where Ur Sagol reigns supreme?
Page 1 of 1