Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya's Dreamscape

Go down 
+6
Feadraug
French snack
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
Anime-Junkie
/Fish/
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
So... I assume that dreamscape sprites are a dreamed creature that has been dreamed enough times by adventurers from other words to be semi-permanent.

yes. :3
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:29 pm

I like that idea you guys have come for the fauna in the Dreamscape and how dreams can last even after the dreamer wakes up and how it can "invade" other dreams. And it all makes sense. Taking in account the Dreamscape is made of - duh - dreams and its "energy", it's clear that some things like these semi-permanent sprites could exist in the Dreamscape without anyone dreaming about them anymore - though when they find a dream sprite, doesn't it count like dreaming about them? Razz

About nemesises, do we really need to expand what is already known about them? I dunno if that would be actually necessary. And I still have my doubts about succubi and dreams, noting that it is mentioned they can appear in dreams... and not talking about "someone dreams he's with a succubus", but, as the wiki states - sorry, sorry for coming with something from there xD - "When they appear in peoples' dreams to lure and tempt them, they usually show themselves human-sized", so I guess they have some control in this plane... or should they be treated just as aware dreamers?
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Feadraug wrote:
it's clear that some things like these semi-permanent sprites could exist in the Dreamscape without anyone dreaming about them anymore - though when they find a dream sprite, doesn't it count like dreaming about them?
Exactly. This also brings up a point I should have expanded upon in my Dream Persistence post.
Let's take those sprites for example.
If one wanders into a dream where it makes sense for them to be there, say forest dream and the dreamer notices them, then they will have their persistence reinforced.
However, if they were to try to enter a dream where it would not make sense, then they may have their persistence sapped as the dreamer wonders why the hell there's these little sprites here, and ignores them.

Another aspect to this is that the stronger the persistence of a particular dream entity, the more resistant it is to being changed by the dream it enters. If a weak dream entitiy, desperate not to fae, enters someone's dream, chances are they'll have some of their details changed by the dreamer, whether unaware or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 pm

I wish I could contribute to the discussion, but alas, I am simpleminded :B

I do have one query...

Is there a Dreamscape within the Dreamscape? :3
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Is there a Dreamscape within the Dreamscape? :3

Well, there's only one way to be sure.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 am

Considering inhabitants of the dreamscape strictly with Dream Persistence, here are a couple of ideas for perception-based presences.

Snacks on Legs
Danger: "Minimal"

Snacks on Legs are the concept of humanoid prey from the perspective of predators. They are always bite-sized, lack complicated features and tend to act like the less knowledgable prey that Felaryan predators have encountered. They are indescribably delicious to anyone who eats them, much to the bafflement of human dream wanderers.

Dreamscape Squirrel
Danger: "High"

Squirrels in the dreamscape tend to give humans and nekos such a scare that they wake up immediately in a cold sweat- tantamount to being killed by anything else. This is because most wanderers suspect that the malicious beasts are capable even of seeking a way into a victim's mind. A mere few claim that squirrels in the dreamscape are simply a particular fear that retains its presence by always being able to frighten. They don't appear or behave any differently than normal squirrels, which compared to many other things in the dreamscape makes them all the more suspicious.

Also, as the fairies being natural dream wanderers has failed to materialize as something that seems natural, I propose instead explaining that they have the Muroyo Library as a resource to parallel the reason Negav has the highest number of dream wanderers. Perhaps that could serve as proof that fairies are capable of doing their homework. Razz This would also keep the text from having to mention "non-fairy wanderers" in several places, which looks rather clunky.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:27 pm

what about " 'fraidy snakes" ?

The danger could be minimal, and they'd be the predator counterpart to snacks on legs. They look like nagas, and are always intimidated to the most basic of threats, either slithering off or trying to be YOUR friend. Most of the predators would probably find this an insult too XD. Or you could have dridders that are clumsy, serious fairies, etc....
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Okay, so I'm having trouble locating the dreamscape on the wiki. I can "search" for dreamscape and find the article just fine, but I want to be able to access it via locations, or science and magic...
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Okay, so I'm having trouble locating the dreamscape on the wiki. I can "search" for dreamscape and find the article just fine, but I want to be able to access it via locations, or science and magic...

I checked it and it's already in "Science and magic": http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Science_and_Magic
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya's Dreamscape   Felarya's Dreamscape - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya's Dreamscape
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2