Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia

Go down 
+4
McKindle
Archmage_Bael
ZionAtriedes
MetaSkipper
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Empty
PostSubject: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Some measure of time into the past or future, in a village some distance away.... All is happy in your little village. You live in a utopia, where all, both pred and prey live in happy harmony. But darkness looms on the horizon. A dark organization, intent on ruining this unity, has infiltrated your village, sowing the seeds of distrust among the people. You must weed out these infiltraters at all costs...

How It All Goes Down
There are two factions: the Villagers and the Mafia. The Villagers significantly outnumber the Mafia, but are in the dark on who is on what side. The Mafia are smaller, but know all it's members.

Everyone has at one ability, either passive or active. Those which are active require a PM to me in order to use.

During the Day Phase (lasts 72 hours), everyone votes on who to eliminate. If your ability is activated during the day, you would PM me during the Day Phase.
After 72 hours is up or everyone acts and votes, it transitions into the Night Phase.
During the Night Phase (lasts 72 hours), the Mafia votes in secret on who to kill. If your ability is activated during the night, you would PM me during the night phase. After the time is up or everyone has acted, it reverts back to day again, and so on.

The Villagers win if the Mafia is eliminated.
The Mafia wins if the Villagers are eliminated.

Other Rules:
1. DEAD IS DEAD. You may post a farewell message, but you are to NOT communicate with the other players on faction alignments, knowledge, etc.
2. Not planning on using your power today/night? STILL PM ME. This way I know you're still interested.
3. You may post your desired race and faction, but I make no promises.
4. The honor rule people, the honor rule. There are some abilities which limit ALL communication, and I can't monitor PMs. Same with death. Please, honor your silence.

Interested? Post!
Disgusted? Post!
Don't care? Post!

I'd need at least seven players to host a game. Somewhere near fifteen would be better, though. If this one goes well, I may try some more! (Horrific, I know.)

Last edited by MetaSkipper on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:15 pm

19 views and nothin'.
You could at least be nice enough to say the idea stinks.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:03 pm

It's not so much that it sucks... I just don't think anyone really wants to invest the effort, is all. Nothing personal, it's just a bit in-depth for a forum game.
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I suppose. Still accepting applications, though.

IN OTHER NEWS, 53 VIEWS w00t!
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

I think I've figured out why our RP section is so slow. Everyone just doesn't have the time to devote to such intense projects.

IN OTHER NEWS, THE VIEW COUNT IS AT 93! VV00T!
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Sorry for teh bump, but I really want to know. If I explained it better, would anyone be slightly more interested in playing?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 pm

what's this "ability" that's activated?
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Usually, when in pereson, mafia is just played with the few key roles: cop/doctor (guy who saves people at night) and the few Mafia. But that gets boring if you don't have a special role and the days take quite some time to pass. To keep everyone interested , everyone gets some way to contribute to their side. For example, most games the village gets someone known as the inspector, someone who can figure out who's on what team and what they can do. His/her job is to help the village vote mafioso off and not fellow villagers. Some abilites, like abilities than influence someone's vote, are used during the day. Others, such as protecting people from the mafia, are done at night, hence when they are "activated".
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 am

More bumps for the bump throne!

UPDATE: OP revision goin' up!
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 am

Sure, I'll bite. Seems like you really want this after all. I've only ever played a modified version of this game called 'Fridge' though - it was exactly the same, but all the deaths involved a fridge in some way, shape or form. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 am

Yay! And sounds like you have experience, too!
/applause

One down, at least six to go....
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 pm

This bump is a spy!

People Who Are Most Likely Playing:
McKindle

People Who I Need To Beg To Play:
@Stabs
ZionAtriedes
/Fish/
Feadraug
Krisexy26
rcs619
Sean Okotami
AisuKaiko
Anyone else on this forum

People Who Probably Won't Play:
Nyaha
Karbo
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 pm

If Krisexy, Sean, and Cliff bite, I'll bite too Razz
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:34 pm

okay I'm in Razz

(pour sean: c'est la même maudite affaire que Loups-garous / Les loups-garous de Thierceville Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Sean can have that job Razz
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 pm

bagel is also in because I'm forcing him to Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:16 pm

It appears I am not teh only bump!

McKindle
Krisexy26
Archmagel_Bael
(Bagel if he is a seperate person)

@Stabs
ZionAtriedes
/Fish/
Feadraug
rcs619
Sean Okotami
AisuKaiko

Nyaha
Karbo
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am

BUMPS: Now with 50% more meaningful content!

McKindle
Krisexy26
Archmagel_Bael
(Bagel if he is a seperate person)

@Stabs
ZionAtriedes
/Fish/
Feadraug
rcs619
Sean Okotami
AisuKaiko

Nyaha
Karbo

Now, rather than just bumping to keep this thread alive, I'm going to post something meaningful!

something meaningful

On a closing note: Spread the word! We only need at least four more players!
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 am

Karbo wrote:
* No useless posts please. This includes: Thread bumping, flooding, or worst of all : spamming. I have a big aversion for spammers.
from this thread.
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't like to bump after being reprimanded for what i deserved, but I felt like getting this out there. My resolve for playing has waned, to be honest, and I don't think any of you will mind. I'll wait for players until the end of teh year. If I don't have enough by then, I'll say one last farewell and let this thread and idea die. Just wanted to get this out there.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:11 pm

whoah haven't checked this. I guess I'm in as well XD
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 am

whats the rules of the game and how do i play?
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Snarky comment about reading the OP aside, (which you, guessing by your question, didn't read well enough), it boils down to: can the Villagers vote off the Mfia before the Mafia kills the Villagers off?

On teh more nitty gritty side of things:
THe forum used for the game will have two big purposes: voting and announcements. RP and public discussion is fine as well. I woudl suggest using chat programs or PMs for more senitive things.
Every 72 hours, the setting will change from Day to Night, and vice versa. During the day, everyone alive posts on who to kill. The person recieving the most votes is eliminated. Some people have abilities that are useful during the day, like forcing someone's vote. In order to use that power, that person must contact me via PM before teh Day Phase is up.
During the Night Phase, the Mafia discusses in secret, probably via PMs or private chats, on who to kill. Whoever they decide on is eliminated. Some abilities are useful at night, like protecting someone from being killed. In order to use thta power, that person must contact me via PM.

Given that, would you say that you would play?
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Luke, check your PMs. 'int hint.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Ok then, Im a gunnman, Thompson sub machine with round drum is my weapon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia   A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Less Crappy Forum Game: Mafia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next