Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Empty
PostSubject: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 pm

The sun was rising over the vast desert of Felarya, the clouds thin white lines in the sky. Already, it was growing warmer and warmer. Small mammals and lizards ran under rocks and underground to escape the heat.

Under the shadow of a large rock lay a little Cobra naga no bigger then a human child. She had been passed out there for the whole night. A large bump was on her head. luckily she was hidden from view from the other predators of the desert. She had like all her speices a cobras hood which extended from the snake part of her up her back which then formed the small hood which had the same swirly markings as her tail, her lovely blueish silver hair which was a mess at the moment, deep mercury eyes, dark blue top scales and light blue underscales.
she laid there curled up until a ray of sunlight hit her in the face, she stirred slightly slowly opening her eyes blinking at the bright sunlight.
"Uhhhh," She moaned trying to move but her body was sore and her head was pounding, reaching up she felt the large bump on the front of her head, she winced at this sudden sharp pain she got when she lightly touched it. putting her hand back down she tried to lift herself up, but with no luck, lying there limp she tried to think about what had happened but it was all a blur she didn't remember anything, not even her own name. Finally, after a long while she felt some of her strength return as the hot sun beat down on her, though being a cobra naga she could stand very high heat so it was no more then a soothing warmth on her aching muscles. Slowly with her arms she raised herself up once she managed this she looked around the desert, there were a few large rocks out in the distance and what she thought was a catus forest farther east. she started slithering eastward towards the towering pickly plants, still trying to figure out where she was or even who she was, she relized she couldn't remember her name. As she strained to remember she didn't notice she had entered the forest, the cactus towered over her and seemed to go on for miles, there was some yellowish grass in the large gaps between cactus.

Suddenly a voice boomed from above.
"Why hello there, little one. Who are you?" The naga, surprised and scared out of her wits, fell over and quickly started slithering away, when out of nowhere a large green hand grabed her and picked her up. Franticaly the little naga tried to wiggle away but to no luck, she closed her eyes and waited to be eaten. After a while, however, nothing happened so she opened her eyes and saw a large green woman's face. She looked human from the waist up but had dark green skin. Also on her arms where throns, her hair was short and seemed to be made of cactuses, the lower half of her looked like a giant cactus.

"Don't worry" The giant plant women cooed I'm not gonna hurt you little one, you can stop shivering now, its okay" The little naga noticed she was shaking alot, she tried to calm herself down. The strange plant-woman smiled
"See? No need to be afraid I don't eat nagas espeicaly not Cobra nagas I've met many in my life but I've never seen them not travel in groups espeicaly not little hachlings such as yourself, whats your name?"

The little naga strained to remember, but to no avail. She sighed and shook her head. "I don't know...."

The cactus-woman frowned. "That's not good. Would explain that large bump on your head, do you remember what caused that?"

The little cobra naga frowned and shook her head. "....no I don't."

The giant woman looked at the young Cobra Naga with pity in her eyes.
"Poor thing... Well don't worry, you can stay with me until you get your memorys back or until we find what clan you belong to."

The little naga smiled wearily and yawned. Though she must have been passed out for at least the whole night she was still achy, The giant cactus-woman gently put her on the ground in the shade.

The little naga looked up at her and said in a sleepy voice "What's your name?"

The cactus-woman smiled at the half asleep Naga. "My name is Deina, little one. Now get some rest you need it." with that the little naga dozed off to sleep on the cool desert sand.

Last edited by Moonlight-pendent on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:56 pm

this seems familiar somehow ^thinks^
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 pm

dreadis wrote:
this seems familiar somehow ^thinks^
?? really now? how so?
Back to top Go down
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm

GAAAA....shit just realized i read it on your DA

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:26 pm

dreadis wrote:
GAAAA....shit just realized i read it on your DA

Embarassed

Lol ^^ it's alright that happens to everyone least once
Back to top Go down
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Lol ^^ it's alright that happens to everyone least once

this was the first of 2 mistakes i have made so far tonight. maybe i should go to sleep before 1am tonight
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Another nice character you have here ^_^

And I love how unusual is the zone you picked Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Karbo wrote:

^^ thank you very much, oh btw has no one submited any idea's for cactus dryads yet? cause I have some ideas.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 pm

Chapter 2

The little naga woke with a start, flashes of her lost memory appearing for a fleeting moment then they seemed to be carried away with the desert wind. It was dark out, she had no idea what time it was, she looked around a bit panicked.

"Calm down my little naga friend you're okay" Said a voice from above her.
The cobra naga looked up and could see the Cactus Dryad towering over her, Deina was her name, she was happy she could remember something even if it wasn't something from before yesterday.
"Little one please stay quiet for a bit. I see a bunch of humans wandering nearby and I'm very hungry."

The little cobra naga blinked not knowing what to say, she didn't know what Humans were.
"Uhh Deina? what are Humans?"

Deina could be heard chuckling above.
"They are very tasty"

Still confused the young naga coiled up next to Deina's trunk remaining quiet as she asked. Within a few minutes she heard other voices they sounded odd, loud and slurred.
Deina watched as a group of 5 drunk human males were riding by in a roofless wagon driven by two strange looking creatures, they closely resembled giant birds but were with large clawed feet and they had a long more reptile like tail and appearance, they also looked very irked.

"Stop here boys!" The male human yelled drunkenly at the horse like creatures pulling roughly on there reins causing the creatures to make a strange upset sounding hissing noise. The human's wagon like thing stopped right in front of Deina.

"Woooo! Did we get a catch" Said one of the other humans holding up some kinda strange scaled skin.
"Didn't think we'd find those lizard things so easily!"

The young naga huddled closer to the Cactus Dryad, she didn't know what kind of skin that was, with her good night vision she could tell it looked reptile like which is what scared her.

"Hey!! do you guys see that!?" One of the males in the cart yelled pointing straight at the little naga. "What is that? I just saw something move over there"

The little naga was trembling like a leaf as the men grabbed a flash light and aimed it at her.

"Hey! Would ya look at this? it's a little naga! We'll get A lot of money for the hide of this."

The cobra naga whimpered with fear as the humans looked like they were ready to jump out of the wagon and grab her , suddenly one of the men was screaming. Deina had quickly snatched him out of the wagon and thrown him into her mouth.

"What the hell just happened? Where did he go? he was just in the wagon."

Just as the human with the flash light said that he was quickly picked up and thrown in the mouth of the hungry Dryad. At this point all the other men left were panicking and trying to run off but they weren't fast enough, Deina quickly grabbed them all eating them one by one until the last scream was no more then a fading echo in the dark.
Still trembling the little naga looked up to Deina.

"Those are...humans? they're horrible!"

Deina chuckled
"Well dear they were drunk humans meaning they were acting a little different then normally, not much different mind you."
Deina looked down at the two horse like creatures then reached down and untied them. They nodded there heads to the Dryad respectfully then took off into the desert.
"I do very much dislike how they chain up animals and make them do there bidding's. Also dislike how they skin poor creatures for what they call money, I've never understood it myself seems pointless."

"Are those humans too Deina?" The little naga pointed towards the strange creatures sprinting away.

"Those are sand walkers, see for creatures who live outside of this desert the sands effects them in odd ways sometimes good sometimes bad, the sand walkers as the humans have noticed are like what they call horses, but for the desert. They catch them and make them help the humans travel long distances since they are immune to the sand, also there are places where even some of the desert creatures can't cross such as the seas of sinking sand but the sand walkers are one of the few whom can cross it without being engulfed."
The little naga nodded then yawned she was sleepy again, she nuzzled close to the Cactus Dryad and began to doze off. Deina smiled down at the half asleep naga then leaned over and lightly stroked her cobra hood with one finger.
"she looks so peaceful, well little one since you don't have a name I'll give you one, I'll call you... Serenity."
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Karbo wrote:

^^ thank you very much, oh btw has no one submited any idea's for cactus dryads yet? cause I have some ideas.

Well if you have a basic description in mind for them, I'll gladly take it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:31 am

Karbo wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Well if you have a basic description in mind for them, I'll gladly take it Razz

Yay! *claps hands* I do have one! ^^

Cactus Dryads

Speices of Dryads mostly found in the Akaptor Desert they are small compared to most Dryads only reaching heights of up to 70-80ft tall. There tree half is that of a giant cactus ranging from light green to dark green which they are able to store vast amounts of nutriants and water for the long periods of time in the desert that they get no water or food. There human halfs are covered in cactus like spines like bramble dryads but to a greater extent. Simmlar to Bramble Dryads they can retract there spines in the persance of friends but unlike there distant cousins they can lanch the spines towards an enemy or attacker.
Cactus Dryads are extremly Voracious because of the lack of food and water in the desert the only exceptions are a few gentler Cactus Dryads who will on very rare occasions let people go, some Akaptor nomands have managed to befriend Cactus Dryads.

((I apologize for all the horrible spelling that may be in here XD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))   A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cobra Naga's tale ((chapter 2 is up))
Page 1 of 1