Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Empty
PostSubject: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm not sure if I have any rights at all to post a topic but this is just something on my mind.

Is there anyway for anyone to really tell the difference between natural born giants/giantess and the rare ones that were once human like Jora?

I mean the only real differences I know of are that the rare former human ones simply know of once being human and have all their memories of their old life and just got bigger. But I know that natural born giants/giantess are among the few species able to have young that are large when born unlike others that have their young born human size (nagas and dridders as prime examples) but I wonder is there really any big difference between former human giants/giantess and the natural born ones like Jade?

I mean one would think there has to be some difference right? apart from the obvious I'd think there'd be some difference like the way they think, how they smell, how they look to a point, their behavior patterns, cultural interactions, etc...

I was also thinking since it seems the only know former human giants/giantess what effects did former human giants/giantess have on history if any?

Just giving my two sense worth is all not sure if this is useful to ask or not or if this should be in another thread but oh well.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:04 am

First of all, As of now there are no known naturally born giants/giantesses from Felarya. Every giant human in Felarya, so far, is either the result of a dimensional scaling accident, or is an offworlder from a world where they were already giant to begin with. Much like nekos, humans do not naturally have a giant variant on Felarya.

Quote :
Is there anyway for anyone to really tell the difference between natural born giants/giantess and the rare ones that were once human like Jora?

About as much difference as there is between human-sized harpies, nagas, mermaids and dridders and the giant versions. The only real difference for humans would be scale, as we lack the variety of sub-species found in demi-humans. Most differences would be in upbringing, culture and so on. Giants and giantesses are, by nature, just giant humans.

Quote :
ut I know that natural born giants/giantess are among the few species able to have young that are large when born unlike others that have their young born human size (nagas and dridders as prime examples)

To be fair, it isn't all that uncommon. Elves, centaurs, pantaurs, and technically fairies would do that as well. Anything that gives birth to live young, really. Its only the egg-laying predators (hybrids based on birds, invertebrates, fish and reptiles mostly) that start off much smaller at birth.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Oh alright that makes sense thank you very much for pointing those out.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 am

Well actually there is giants and giantesses being born as such in Felarya, but indeed it's the other type that seems to be used the most in stories.

As to how you could differentiate them, well like Cliff said that would be only in culture and upbringing. Physically they would be just the same, with only the Felaryan version being more fitter if the off-worlder happened to live in a more calm and quiet world.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 am

I think it's a bit obvious that the differences come from the upbringing and the culture more than anything physical. This can be applied to any species native to Felarya and those from other worlds: natives are more aware of the dangers of this world and what they can do to take some advantage, while foreigners will be mostly lost.

Also, thanks for clarifying there are some Felaryan giants, not just offworlders, Karbo. Will be interesting to see them somewhere - after all, as far as I know giants and giantesses in stories are either from other worlds or humans who were turned giant by some weird accident/experiment/choose-your-reason.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 am

Thanks for the help everyone, this can really help in my work in the future.

Well I know of only one giant who was born in Felarya *as it states in his bio* and that's Rael. His bio can be found here http://bonazaigirl.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3axmm5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other   Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences between natural born giants/giant and the other
Page 1 of 1