Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dryad network limits

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

Dryad network limits Empty
PostSubject: Dryad network limits   Dryad network limits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:53 pm

A simple curiosity that ventured forward braving the terrors of my mind to tickle and irritate. How far does the dryad network extend? Is it carried via root system, could it be cut off by waterways, or distance, simple things like that. I created this topic to discuss the limits and restrictions on this link, and we already know they must be in contact with felaryan soil, as stated in domestic dryads.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Dryad network limits   Dryad network limits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:08 pm

EvilGenius wrote:
A simple curiosity that ventured forward braving the terrors of my mind to tickle and irritate. How far does the dryad network extend? Is it carried via root system, could it be cut off by waterways, or distance, simple things like that. I created this topic to discuss the limits and restrictions on this link, and we already know they must be in contact with felaryan soil, as stated in domestic dryads.

My own personal view is that it is kind of a field that each dryad generates. When two fields touch, they merge, the field expands and any dryads within its range can access the network. In denser areas like the Tolmeshal Forest, you'd have a fairly large, far-reaching network accessed by a many. But the more secluded, more distant regions would have their own networks, separate from the dryad networks of other regions.

This would do quite a few good things, I think. In stand of a single, global dryad network, there would be gaps. There would be some things dryads in, say, the Tolmeshal Forest, would not be able to get information on because it is outside of their network. It could potentially have different networks having their own cultures, memes and so on as well.

As far as things that could influence the network, well there's lots of options there. Underground caverns, rock formations, different types of minerals and magically reactive ores could potentially have some kind of impact on the network. Different types of dryads might affect it in different ways too. For example, my meadow dryads create a larger than average...field, thingy. So, sometimes they can be used to bridge the gap between two networks to connect them. Lots of options really.

Of course, none of my views are canon. There really isn't a canon explanation of the workings and limitations of the dryad network yet.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Dryad network limits   Dryad network limits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:04 pm

well I can't give you too much info on it since I myself don't know much, but Cliff's field generating thing makes well sense. The Dryad network is finite in range after all, to provide example we have Cypress, who is outside of the network due to the Jungle Bowl isolating her from the rest of the network. Also there are multiple networks. Shadow Dryads are in a different network then the rest of the landborne dryads, but those are just two, there could be many others. The link is also able to be turned on and off, some Dryads shutting themselves out for one reason or another.

It doesn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd give some information about the network to possibly give you a general idea maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dryad network limits   Dryad network limits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dryad network limits
Page 1 of 1