Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?

Go down 
+5
vore4life99
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
rcs619
Beefnautz
9 posters

Who would win in the fight?
Reapers, all the way
Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_lcap33%Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Reapers, but they'd get a run for their money
Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_lcap20%Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Stalemate
Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_lcap20%Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Felaryans, but they'd get a run for their money
Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_lcap7%Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Felaryans, all the way
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Empty
PostSubject: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:37 pm

So I've been playing Mass Effect for a while, and being a fan of both worlds, I wanna know what you guys think would come out on top if the Reaper fleet were to invade Felarya. Pick a side and state your points, please keep an open mind about this and do not use any name calling. It'd be best to swallow your pride on whoever you like more and keep this reasonable.

*For Mods: If this thread seems to be something that you don't want here, then I'd completely understand taking it down before it starts*
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Beefnautz wrote:
So I've been playing Mass Effect for a while, and being a fan of both worlds, I wanna know what you guys think would come out on top if the Reaper fleet were to invade Felarya. Pick a side and state your points, please keep an open mind about this and do not use any name calling. It'd be best to swallow your pride on whoever you like more and keep this reasonable.

*For Mods: If this thread seems to be something that you don't want here, then I'd completely understand taking it down before it starts*

2 kilometer long death-machines with gigantic laser-beams capable of one-shotting kilometer-long warships from 200 years in the future, and who are so tough it takes an entire fleet of futuristic warships to kill one... versus a world where a civilization having handguns and rifles is a huge achievement.

This is about as reasonable as pitting Warhammer 40k Space Marines against the nazis. ...Actually, I'd probably pay to see that.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 pm

rcs619 wrote:

2 kilometer long death-machines with gigantic laser-beams capable of one-shotting kilometer-long warships from 200 years in the future, and who are so tough it takes an entire fleet of futuristic warships to kill one... versus a world where a civilization having handguns and rifles is a huge achievement.

I wasn't referring to only people with weapons you know...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 am

Hell if I know.

I've been thinking about that too, actually. A similar thought crossed my mind, but the only thing preventing me from posting it (or voting on your poll) is that I'm having trouble thinking about this properly..

Before we take a look at the the weaponry and everything both sides have, lets look at their past. For one, we have a race of sentient machines that extinguish life once every 50k years, and never miss a beat. They are known for arrogance, yet they seem to be cautious enough to use our own people against us (husks and indoctrinated) and love to sit back while we are forced to fight each other. There's really not much else to say about these guys historically other than how methodical they are at genocide.

Spoiler:

On the side of the Felaryans, we have a very divided community, so full of intelligent life, the Reapers would orgasm over it if they were physically capable. The Felaryans already have trouble seeing each other more than monsters or food, and if the predators decide to work with the prey to take down the Reapers, I feel like that would counter their whole argument of the prey being food, and not friends. Throwing food at the Reapers wouldn't be too effective, would it? On the Plus side, we have the guardians. 5 lonely ones, survivors from the Corrector war, and Lord only knows how to make more Guardians, or how many there were in ancient past. Felarya's past is also pretty ancient. It's safe to say Felarya's existence and survival as a 'society' as it were, far outlasts any of the other species in Mass Effect.

During the Corrector war, the Guardians created titans, and made alliances with elementals. During this fight, they'd probably need alliances with all the Elementals, and would probably debate waking the remaining Titans up, giving them a "chance to redeem themselves for this last fight", of which it certainly would be a last. I can only begin to theorize what it would take, but the Guardians would need to move vast amounts of magical energy to make an army that would even come close to being able to repel Reapers.

I'm sure husks used would just be literally squashed by the Titans though. It'd come down to Kalros vs Reaper moments, I get warm feelings inside imagining a fight between Alcazath and a Reaper. Hopefully that big boy's hammer could put a hole through a Reaper's hull.

Anything else would just be mere speculation, if it wasn't already. Point is, as tough as everyone is on either side, The Reapers have such a massive fleet I don't think they'd be stopped. I'm willing to bet that the Felaryans would manage to take down far more Reapers than anyone else ever did, but I cant see them winning. Their only defense are the portals, which I think work kind of like the Kekkai Barrier from Yu Yu Hakusho. The Reapers would be too powerful to come through. Even should the Reapers find Felarya, they wouldn't be able to get there, they'd be blocked out. I'd love to see their steaming faces. Anyway, but of course we're ignoring that detail for the sake of the argument, though, right?

We can also theorize who would come to the fight, and how it would work out. That'd be fun too, right?

I'd bet the Guardians make more Titans, or more giant creatures like them to fight the Reapers. They'd need armies, the Dridders would probably mobilize, and the Crimson Maidens would undoubtedly go to war again (along with every other fairy in the book. Harpies, too of course), Nagas and Dryads would help hold down the fort, Maybe the beasts of the past would have some way to fight the Reapers, the Scorpisai, and the other two technologically advanced military bases on Felarya would have to bring in equipment from off-world en masse, and probably need a "permit" from Nemyra just so she doesn't have their heads, and as long as they put their armies towards fighting the Reapers. I can't see the Guardians being picky though. Any possible ally to keep Felarya alive, would be used. The Guardians are about balance after all, they dont favor preds or prey. (At least that's how I see it.) Anyway I know I left out about 20 species, but you get my point Razz
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 am

At least Felaryan stories can pinpoint how to properly portray moral ambiguity and plot telling.

Instead of the reapers who just go "DURR MUST KILL ORGANICS SO THEY DON'T MAKE ROBOTS THAT KILL ORGANICS".

Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 am

-snip-

Last edited by French snack on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : As you say: Avoid posting when high on caffeine.)
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 am

vore4life99 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
At least Felaryan stories can pinpoint how to properly portray moral ambiguity and plot telling.

Instead of the reapers who just go "DURR MUST KILL ORGANICS SO THEY DON'T MAKE ROBOTS THAT KILL ORGANICS".

-snip-

Please don't go off topic here...
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 am

Beefnautz wrote:
vore4life99 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

-snip-

Please don't go off topic here...

Sorry, had to much caffeine.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 am

Did anyone even read what I said? Just a question here. Everyone's getting worked up about the comment that came after.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

No I read it, I thought you gave some very good points, it's just that the posts afterwards were bugging me since they went offtopic
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Let me begin by disclaiming that although I'd like to whenever I get a chance, I have not played Mass Effect and consequently know next to nothing other than what I've just now read in this thread here.
Judging solely on the merits of the races' firepower, etc., I'd say the Reapers would win all the way, probably in a massacre as mentioned by others above. However there's a catch for them: were they to go to war with Felarya, even making it known that the war is only meant to be against Felarya's most commonly encountered denizens, e.g. whatever technologically-advanced humans are there, some of the more battleworthy nagas, etc., if the Reapers did too well Felarya's Guardians would eventually show up. With their godmodded powers thrown into the mix, practically no extraterrestrial race could ever take over Felarya, Reapers included. Those guys from War of the Worlds? Nope. The Galactic Empire? Not without sending the Death Star, which would make the whole mission pointless anyway. Independence Day dudes? They'd maybe blow up Negav or the Giant Tree but then whatever portal they're shooting through would just seal up and they'd be locked out.
These Guardians, and the fact that the borders of Felarya can open and close seemingly voluntarily, are the reason Felarya's managed to stand for as long as it has against everyone who's ever tried to attack it. Basically the only civilizations I see ever being able to destroy Felarya are those on the level of the Covenant who can just melt the surface off with orbital laser beams. And the aforementioned Death Star.
So I voted "Stalemate".
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am

A full-scale assualt by Reapers would likely provoke the Guardians, who keep in mind are gods.

Hell, the Guardian that is arguably the least threatening is someone who is explicitly stated to be capable of destroying entire worlds.

The only way the Reapers could hope to stand a chance is if they were more subtle in their methods, and Felarya's supernatural environment would likely make things like indoctrination extraordinarily difficult, there's no telling how all the magic and dimensional weirdness would interfere.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:50 pm

i see a M.A.D. situation here, I mean sure the reapers may "win" but I believe that maybe 99% of the reapers would die in that fight. Im not too sure. throw in The 605th, solorians and The R.I.A.I. and great Scot things would get brutal and the felaryans may win then but The causalities would be greater then The corrector war(i think, no one has said or even geussed how many died in that war) and a Good if not very large portion of felarya would be a wasteland. and then agian the solorians and the RIAI both have many many reinforcements that they could call in. I'll just say if this situation were to ever occur the scars would be permanent.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 pm

We also have no idea how large Felarya is. For the Reapers to win, they'd also need to indoctrinate or kill all life they deem intelligent enough. GL.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
We also have no idea how large Felarya is. For the Reapers to win, they'd also need to indoctrinate or kill all life they deem intelligent enough. GL.
and that puts the glotex as the automatic survivors because their too dumb for the reapers to even bother with. lol
Back to top Go down
Komandr2465
Naga food
Komandr2465

Location : In a T-152 heavy tank that's having mechanical issues near Zelkova's turf.

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 am

In any vs. debate it comes down to two things: Which universe is more 'free' with realism and how much room is left for interpretation of abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?   Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reapers Vs. Felarya, who consumes whom?
Page 1 of 1