Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya: The RPG

Go down 
+17
Nyaha
Googlememan
Sephimink|Kyle
dlausactor6373
Ravana3k
The Rev
ZionAtriedes
GREGOLE
Pendragon
Silent_eric
Sciran
dreadis
Karbo
Ewin
Mickilla
Shady Knight
Haar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Ewin wrote:
Oh wow our first view into what it will look like!
Looking good so far, how big can you make the creatures? As big as you want to be able to include Anko and the like emerging from the water/foliage?
Keep up the great work, really looking forward to seeing this develop. cheers

Size...Now THAT's where things start to get a bit complicated. The entire map is divided into a grid in the program. Each grid is roughly the size of one of those large flowers. There are two ways I could make a large object/creature: The first way would be to divide it up amongst the cells. Unfortunately, that way will make it all but impossible to animate the object/creature, unless I manage to make each individual cell work in concert with the others, a difficult proposition that I'm not sure I really want to do. The other way, the way I am going to use, is to put the entire object/creature into one cell. Unfortunately, when I do that, the image is cropped to the size of the single cell in the development window, meaning I will have to constantly switch back and forth between the development window and the playtest window. I'll make it work, somehow. Very Happy

Oh, and BTW, this water in this scene isn't part of Jewel River, just a small stream in the middle of one of Felarya's many forests. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Hm, I foresaw that problem as soon as the idea of a Felarya RPG came up. I think most people did.

Felarya is based on a giantess-vore fantasy, really. Thus, there will be giantesses (or giant humanoid creatures). If you wish to animate both humans and the giant creatures, you run into problems. Now, I'm no programmer, so I can't say how to fix it, but I think that it would be quite a task.

But if you succeed... I think everyone will probably worship you, man. It would be frickin' sweet...
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:34 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Hm, I foresaw that problem as soon as the idea of a Felarya RPG came up. I think most people did.

Felarya is based on a giantess-vore fantasy, really. Thus, there will be giantesses (or giant humanoid creatures). If you wish to animate both humans and the giant creatures, you run into problems. Now, I'm no programmer, so I can't say how to fix it, but I think that it would be quite a task.

But if you succeed... I think everyone will probably worship you, man. It would be frickin' sweet...

Mmm...Actually, size itself isn't the problem. RPG Maker allows you to easily include sprites of any size. The problem is animating said sprites in a manner that works with the rest of the game (i.e. The sprite takes up only one cell according to the development program, but may take up many more in the actual game. This leads to problems with characters appearing to walk through the larger characters). The second problem, and the one I foresee having the most difficulty with, is finding people willing to create the sprites.

The best solution I've come up with so far is to include a set of transparent events in the extra cells the sprite takes up...
*Crickets chirping*
Err...Sorry, I was in a geeky moment
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Will other things still happen when your character is idle, like in Duamutef's RPG?

edit; if no one mentioned this, it might be a good idea just to have the predators as a regular sized sprite, until the vore scene. I don't mean they change size, but, like, the small sprites represent the large animals.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:44 pm

The Rev wrote:

edit; if no one mentioned this, it might be a good idea just to have the predators as a regular sized sprite, until the vore scene. I don't mean they change size, but, like, the small sprites represent the large animals.

Yeah, I thought of that, but to me, that's more of a 'last resort' option if I can't get the giant sprites to work.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:49 am

Ok, due to the lack of volunteers, I am now forced to resort to begging (trust me, I can and will go lower still) for help with making sprites. Allow me to outline the great benefits of becoming a sprite artist for me:

- Work your own hours
- Great artistic flexibility
- Free training (Go here)
- The opportunity to be a part of a grand project
- The ability to give input on the game
- ...Uh...Your own personal harem of willing female (or male) slaves who will happily obey your every command! (As long as YOU draw them) Wink

If you are interested in this wonderful opportunity, please send me a message (on this board) or post a reply on this thread.

Now, for the begging:

Pleasepleasepleaseplease PLEASE help me!!

Last edited by Haar on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 pm

I'm willing to give you what help I can, but on my schedule it may take some time before I figure out how to use the programs or make anything useful. I'll go ahead and take a look at that link you posted with the 'free training' right now.
Back to top Go down
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh so do you actually need a fully animated product of the characters, or just the completed cells of animation?
I guess I could try doing something like in that there tutorial, I have photoshop elements 5, but don't know how to make animations from the cells yet.
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Actually, all I need right now are sprite sheets, like this:

Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Thumb_cloud

A sprite sheet is a set of images of a sprite arranged in a specific order, with a solid color background. You can see the default order RPG Maker uses from the above picture. The way RPG Maker works, it creates a box whose dimensions are 1/4 that of the entire sprite sheet. The typical sprite sheet is 168 x 192 pixels, meaning RPG Maker automatically creates boxes in the picture that are 32 x 48 pixels. The boxes that are created are then the image that is used for the character's different positions, and any excess space in the box is ignored. If a character is to be larger than
32 x 48 pixels, the size of the sprite sheet must increase accordingly, as RPG Maker will create boxes in sections of 1/4 the entire sprite sheet.

...Confused yet? Very Happy

I know I probably didn't explain it very well.

EDIT: Ooh, I just thought of a good analogy:

Think of a sprite sheet as a do-it-yourself flipbook. The 'paper' is cut into even pieces, regardless of how big it is, and then you make your flipbook.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 am

Time for a progress update:

3/28/2008 - I started playing around with the battle system, to try to get a feel for the balance and such. Feh, math! Sad
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:51 am

Your idea and work are great Smile

I've worked with the rpg maker in the past, but not too long, maybe I can try to come into it after my last exams and help you ... but this has to wait until the end of april
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 am

Ravana3k wrote:
Your idea and work are great Smile

I've worked with the rpg maker in the past, but not too long, maybe I can try to come into it after my last exams and help you ... but this has to wait until the end of april

That would be a great help! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 am

Well I can't promise anything. Last time I worked with the RPG maker was 2 or 3 years ago ^^ and also only little rpgs but I'll try my best to help you as good as possible
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:58 am

Ravana3k wrote:
Well I can't promise anything. Last time I worked with the RPG maker was 2 or 3 years ago ^^ and also only little rpgs but I'll try my best to help you as good as possible

Right now, anything would help. I currently feel like I'm trying to learn to swim by jumping head first into raging rapids. help
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 pm

What battle system will you choose ? something in real time or RPG random encounter style ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Karbo wrote:
What battle system will you choose ? something in real time or RPG random encounter style ? Smile

I think I'm going to go with a random encounter style, only timer-based instead of merely turn based (if I can find the script for that feature, that is).

I did, however, find an AWESOME tactical-battle script, so, if I can find a way to switch battle systems during the game, I may add a couple battles in that style. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 am

I've just thought of a good idea inspired by the Sephiroth battles in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Since Felarya can connect to any time and world at will, maybe you could put in an optional boss fight with the villain of a game or series of your choice and have the hero of that series in some human settlement looking for his/her nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:11 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
I've just thought of a good idea inspired by the Sephiroth battles in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Since Felarya can connect to any time and world at will, maybe you could put in an optional boss fight with the villain of a game or series of your choice and have the hero of that series in some human settlement looking for his/her nemesis.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think I want to add that type of character to the game. Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Alright, time for another progress report!

04/03/2008: For the past week I have been, uh, playing various RPGs for, uh, research! Yea, research, that sounds good, let's go with that! Very Happy Today I created a few more maps. The beginning is one of the most tedious parts of creating a game, just creating map after map before being able to add any events. I suppose that sometime I should actually sit down and make a basic outline of the game on paper ^_^;
I'm still looking for people to help make sprites (as well as other graphics later on).
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Great to hear the project is going well ! Razz

Have you an idea of a storyline yet ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Karbo wrote:

Oh yes, definitely! It's going to be major, epic, amazing, and with any luck it might not suck, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Haar wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Oh yes, definitely! It's going to be major, epic, amazing, and with any luck it might not suck, too. Very Happy

*Raises hand*

I has a question...

Um... Can you tell me when something was major, epic, and amazing, even though it sucked?

Lawl, I'm a smartass. =P
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Sephimink|Kyle wrote:
Haar wrote:
stuff here

*Raises hand*

I has a question...

Um... Can you tell me when something was major, epic, and amazing, even though it sucked?

Lawl, I'm a smartass. =P

2 words: Playstation 3
(when it first came out)
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

2 words:NINTEDO WII

THE PS3 CAN KISS MY IRISH ASS
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 am

The more I work on this project, the more obvious something becomes: I REALLY need an artist! I think I may need to completely forget about using the default graphics (maps, sprites, objects, etc) provided with RPG Maker and find someone willing to draw everything. The default graphics just don't work very well in creating Felarya. Once again, I am begging for an artist: PLEASE help me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya: The RPG
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next