Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya: The RPG

Go down 
+17
Nyaha
Googlememan
Sephimink|Kyle
dlausactor6373
Ravana3k
The Rev
ZionAtriedes
GREGOLE
Pendragon
Silent_eric
Sciran
dreadis
Karbo
Ewin
Mickilla
Shady Knight
Haar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:34 am

Well I can't really help you here, I have 0 experience with sprites and pixel art ^^;

but next time I update my journal I'll make an announcement for it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:03 am

Like I said already, I'm willing to do what I can when my schedule allows. The good news is that I'm an architect; my job is to draw things so I'm not too terrible at it, the bad news is that free time is a real commodity so even my quickie sketches were often rush jobs. If nothing else I should be available for the rest of the weekend, which ought to be enough time to at least get started on something serious. If you say specifically what you want drawn I'll at least try and come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:28 am

Mickilla wrote:
Like I said already, I'm willing to do what I can when my schedule allows. The good news is that I'm an architect; my job is to draw things so I'm not too terrible at it, the bad news is that free time is a real commodity so even my quickie sketches were often rush jobs. If nothing else I should be available for the rest of the weekend, which ought to be enough time to at least get started on something serious. If you say specifically what you want drawn I'll at least try and come up with something.

Right now, what I could really use are some sprite sheets for some of the main Felaryan characters (Crisis, Anna, Vivian, etc). If you could make some of those, that would really help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:38 am

Googlememan wrote:
2 words:NINTEDO WII

THE PS3 CAN KISS MY IRISH ASS

BITE THINE TONGUE! (PSWii FTW)

But seriously, I see the project is going nicely. It shows alot of progress from last I checked on it.
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:12 am

Ok, sprite sheets of the big whigs in the positions like the example subsequently posted, that's possible. The only question that occurs to me is that since the main characters are in excess of 75 feet tall, will they have to be scaled up to fit in the world around them or will the environments be scaled down to make them look giant? Furthermore, if the characters' sizes will be played with, will that mean that their sprites will have to be made to a certain resolution so that even when blown up to size the image will remain sharp?
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 am

Mickilla wrote:
Ok, sprite sheets of the big whigs in the positions like the example subsequently posted, that's possible. The only question that occurs to me is that since the main characters are in excess of 75 feet tall, will they have to be scaled up to fit in the world around them or will the environments be scaled down to make them look giant? Furthermore, if the characters' sizes will be played with, will that mean that their sprites will have to be made to a certain resolution so that even when blown up to size the image will remain sharp?

The sprite sheet can be made any size. The program will automatically split the image into sections equal to 1/4 the size of the entire image (e.g. if the image is 200 pixels by 100 pixels each section of the image it uses will be 50 pixels by 25 pixels. The program then puts the sections in exactly the same size as the sections from the image. So, to make a sprite be giant, it just has to be bigger than a normal sprite. I hope that makes sense. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:39 am

Pendragon wrote:
Googlememan wrote:
2 words:NINTEDO WII

THE PS3 CAN KISS MY IRISH ASS

BITE THINE TONGUE! (PSWii FTW)

But seriously, I see the project is going nicely. It shows alot of progress from last I checked on it.

FTP3
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:27 am

Karbo wrote:
Well I can't really help you here, I have 0 experience with sprites and pixel art ^^;

but next time I update my journal I'll make an announcement for it Smile

Thanks! That'll definitely get me some responses, and it'll definitely help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Sketch001copyyg9.th
Here's my first attempt at making a sprite, I happened to use Anna as a guinea pig just to try the process out. If it meets your standards I'll complete the set and make a full sprite sheet. If there's something that needs tweaking now would be the time to let me know about it.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:17 am

Mickilla wrote:
[Picture here]
Here's my first attempt at making a sprite, I happened to use Anna as a guinea pig just to try the process out. If it meets your standards I'll complete the set and make a full sprite sheet. If there's something that needs tweaking now would be the time to let me know about it.

Wow, that's even better than I expected! Shocked (You are planning to shrink it though, right?)

Do you mind if I post a link to this image in my DeviantART journal as an example to other potential artists of what I'm looking for?

As far as tweaking, let's see what Karbo has to say, as he knows Anna best. No, I'm not passing the buck. Honest! Very Happy

One thing I do have to say, though, is that you will probably need to make the coloring a bit darker, otherwise it may look a little strange.
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 am

Sounds like an endorsement to me. You can go ahead and post that if you like and I'll touch it up and finish the set.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 am

I have found a sprite generator that can maybe interest you Smile

http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/index.php
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Karbo wrote:
I have found a sprite generator that can maybe interest you Smile

http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/index.php

Yeah, I've made a few sprites with that before. It makes nice sprites, but it's a bit limited in scope.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:54 pm

What's the main idea again? I didn't see anything abouit it, but what do I know?

Wouldn't it be awesome is the player played not as an explorer, but as a predator? And if someone already had this idea, I'm sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:27 am

Quote :
Wouldn't it be awesome is the player played not as an explorer, but as a predator? And if someone already had this idea, I'm sorry!

No offense, but if that was the case then the RPG would be exactly like the 75% of Felarya fanfics out there. I'd rather use an explorer for the challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Yes, yes, I know that I've been slacking off too much lately, but here's some progress.
Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Behind006go8.th
Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Side007ot4.th
With the side and rear views of Anna now on paper it should be fairly quick to run them through photoshop then arrange things to create the full sprite sheet.

*Edit*

More progress! All three sketches are now colored and touched up into full sprites. See for yourself:

Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Spritebg6.th
Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Sprite2sd5.th
Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Sprite4pw7.th
Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Sprite3sb4.th

All that's left to do is resize them, mirror them for the step frames, and then arrange them into the complete sprite sheet.

Last edited by Mickilla on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ConnorKCM
Naga food
ConnorKCM

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:34 pm

From What Im Reading on the updates for this game i have to say that your doing a great job im even useing the rpg maker xp you can probably use it better than me but Great idea altogether Keep on going lol!
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Spritesheetbm1.th
Alright, there's my first stab at a full sprite sheet. Since the side facing frames have the tail that extends I wasn't sure if I should line them up from the head, the tip, on center, or whatever. It shouldn't be too much trouble to realign if my guess was wrong, I just need to know how to set it up.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 am

Any updates to this?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Skittles wrote:
Any updates to this?

Since it's 7 years old I'd say not. Most game designer don't continue that long unless they are really dedicated. Also you may wish to check and see if Mickilla has even posted in a while. I think you'll find he hasn't which means he's MIA as many RPG maker game designers tend to be. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: The RPG   Felarya: The RPG - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya: The RPG
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3