Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I faster computer

Go down 
+2
Americanhero45
Stabs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

How do I faster computer Empty
PostSubject: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Looking through aliexpress dot com (I don't shop there, I just drool), I wondered just how fast/slow my computer was. Then I found this site, the International Computer Penis Size Competition. Just for giggles I let it run, and it gave me a result of 0.38 Gflops first time, 0.37 Gflops second time. Apparently, my computer's slow, it even gave me the snail badge.

BTW, someone did an awesome troll. Check the pic out. Place #41, near Brisbane, has the best sense of humour I've seen in some time- though I envy his computer.

[Actual ways to faster computer are beyond the scope of this thread, but if you feel like it, why not]

And here I am, still wondering how do I faster computer. Thinking of installing the OS in a SSD, maybe on RAID-1 with a small disk. Heard SSD makes computer boot up turbo fast, but are prone to failing (RAID-1 will take care of that); more memory might help too. Thought of upgrading the motherboard, but that would be expensive. Still, not willing to spend money on solid state drives, not from aliexpress at any rate.
Back to top Go down
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:33 pm

a good way is to clear out data and programs that you don't use and delete them. It always works for me.

Or transfer all photos and such into a USB hard drive, that also helps me a lot
Back to top Go down
http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 pm

I have an SSD as my C drive and I got 0.87 gf, a score of 3.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Meh.

I wouldn't put too much faith in this. The results change depending on what browser you use. I scored anywhere from a 6 to an 11, with the highest marks being 2.71Gf. All based on what browser I was using ( highest results consistently in MIE ).

So yeah. For reference I'm running a per processor core overclock ( that means the speed of the processor is based on how many cores are running; with 2 cores it's at 4.6GHz and then it steps down as more cores are used to maintain heat below acceptable criteria ) of 4.6 GHz on an Intel Sandy-Bridge E 3960X CPU ( 6 physical cores, 12 w/ HT ), with 32 GB of memory. Half of that memory is being used as a HDD cache to speed up my data drives, the rest is available to the system; which coincidentally runs on an Intel 525 180GB SSD.

Recommend sticking to programs that actually are vetted for testing your e-dick. Visit any overclockers forum to inquire further.
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Is this still going on?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 pm

I got 1.0 Gflop. I also got the snail award. Though I need to upgrade my power supply, and get more RAM. I have a quad core too. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:22 pm

OK, something's definitely not right here.

Last I tried, it was 3.86 Gflops, and now it's 4.47. I'm pretty sure that's a lot of measurement error.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

A friend of mine has 15 Gflops. But his computer is freaking crazy powerful beyond comprehension. I cant even imagine these guys who have the full 26 or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I faster computer   How do I faster computer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I faster computer
Page 1 of 1