Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Savings Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Power Savings Time Empty
PostSubject: Power Savings Time   Power Savings Time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Hey wassup?

Yesterday I found a pretty interesting page. Some green techie giving tips on how to save power.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/

As it turns out, Michael Bluejay is a website designer (I couldn't tell at first. His websites... are not pleasant to my eyes) but his power saving stuff seems to check out. It might not make a whole load of difference to you if you're in France, where 100% nuclear power means it's cheap enough to waste, or in Buenos Aires, where the concentration of opinion makers means no one dares reduce the tax cuts on electricity, despite we're being charged way too little compared to the rest of the country. But if the place you live in has a significant tax on electricity, this site might come handy.

Didn't for me, beyond the low electricity taxes, because we don't use electric heating... or air conditioning... we've got a fridge and a TV, but that's it. Computers use as much power as obese lightbulbs, after all. Still, the thing about ice chests being super-duper-effective when converted, being able to run on as little as 36.5 Kwh a year, that was interesting. Darn shame they aren't comfy to use, we'd save billions.
Back to top Go down

Power Savings Time
Page 1 of 1