Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

breeding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
voraphilexpert
Helpless prey
voraphilexpert

breeding Empty
PostSubject: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

I'm touching on a sensitive issue so if you don't like this discussion

when you think about it in the world of felarya I'm pretty sure everyone knows how all the mammal like creatures breed but when you think about it how do the reptile, insectoid, or fish like creatures breed

so if any one wishes to come up with any creative ideas on how they reproduce feel free to give any suggestions

but please try no to go into too much detail so that people don't feel offended Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 pm

if you're referring to the half-human half animal creatures they all at least CAN breed like mammals and like their original animal half at the same time.

I don't know why but that's how it works as far as that's concerned
Back to top Go down
http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
voraphilexpert
Helpless prey
voraphilexpert

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

im referring to half human half animals and full on insectoids and reptiles and fish

but the main point im getting across is how can many creatures that have been depicted as an all female race reproducs is it that they reproduce A-sexually or can it all happen magicaly
Back to top Go down
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:13 pm

oh, well the best example of an all female race would definitely be the harpies, unlike actual birds they reproduce the same way as a human, and they do it by mating with males of other various races, now for the giant, predatory harpies finding a male pred is a lot harder for them than a human sized harpy finding a male human, namely because male preds are incredibly rare to the point that you have to poke them with a stick just to be sure that the individual is actually real and not some illusion, (that has happened to some male preds quite a lot)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Ac-tually! Karbo once went on record that the male to female ratio is, in reality, fairly even. It may be a little more tilted toward females, but it's nothing extreme. You can go PM him for more details if you want.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 pm

huh, I must've missed that quote
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 am

I've often wondered if the few notable male preds in Felarya are more due to a social thing rather than them not existing.

It could be that females in Felarya are the breadwinners and the males don't tend to hunt as often, like Lions. The males are perhaps more found at the heart of predator socitey's (like the fairy kingdom) playing guarding roles, they don't hunt, instead they protect.

The only males that do hunt are probably those that have been outcasted and simply have no choice in the matter, again like Lions.

Just an idea
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:25 am

Or... it could just be that writers and artists just prefers writing or drawing women over males, and not mean anything beyond that.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 am

Shady Knight wrote:
Or... it could just be that writers and artists just prefers writing or drawing women over males, and not mean anything beyond that.
Well obviously that's the real reason, doesn't mean one can't think of an justification for one's kinks. the art of storytelling is trying to put in content you want without making it look contrived.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:29 am

True, but there is a fundamental problem with your reasoning. Your theory is that predatory species function like lions, they form groups with the females being the proverbial bread winners. If that is so, how do you explain the countless instances of lone giant predators? I especially want to bring attention to Crisis, who was alone since birth. Nothing supports that giant predators in general form packs, the basis of your hypothesis, and in fact, due to being top predators, have little incentive to form packs. Outside of fairies, harpies, and mermaids in the sea, instances of packs among giant predators seem more like isolated cases than the norm, which means that your idea of females as the breadwinners and males as the housemen does not work.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:12 am

Well i was mostly thinking of cases such as faires and the like.

When it comes to creatures like Nagas, well the timeline does say that they had tribes. Or at least they did before The Naga and Dridder war. It's just that alot of the main cast of Naga characters were abandoned at birth, raised by another race or wen't orginally Nagas to begin with. I don't think any of those are surposed to be normal origins for Nagas, more like isolated cases.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 am

It could be that they're not common practices, but it's just that, could. Where does it outright confirms that it's common practice or not? I am eliminating the case of "raised by another race", as these are true isolated cases, and characters not originally being nagas, because that's writers not being creative at all and think something that has been explicitly stated as astronomically improbably occurs on a daily basis. I am not basing my claims on the listed characters, but rather the average predators who aren't listed as characters, as they form the convention that the listed characters must play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding   breeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

breeding
Page 1 of 1