Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Novel

Go down 
+3
Googlememan
Ravana3k
Shady Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:23 pm

Well, it's a project I have in mind. I'm currently reading Felarya stories as recommended by GREGOLE. I had this idea just after I finished reading The Reader, and logically, I need extensive knowledge of this universe, hence why I'm studying your work.

It centers on my main character, Sean Okotami and his little twin brother Lester. It mostly centers on emotions. What I wish to work on is a story where you can feel like you are watching a movie. Not an ordinary movie; one that has absolutely no hype, but is absolutely eye candy, and will leave you with an impression you will never forget.

I put a large emphasis on emotions, so you know how the character feel. I know empathy is cliché, but it's mandatory for my style. Some arcs, if approved, might end by leaving you teary eyed.

How the novel is divided works kinda like this: There are multiple timelines. Between each of these, a couple of years have passed, and established characters may act differently in the time shift. Within each timelines is a number of storyarcs, which is basically the whole plot. Within these, are smaller arcs, which is basically the peripeties.

For a brief overview: The first timeline is Sean being only 17 years old; it takes place in the current Felarya. The first storyarc is him and his brother stumbling in Felarya, it ends with the both of them returning on Earth. The smaller arcs is Sean and Lester on their own trying to survive, ending after befriending Hillary, and visiting Echo who points them to Negav. The second arc is meeting Kay, who recognizes their marks as being Elemental Knights. He watches over the two boys, until Sean feels weird. There, I'm split; I haven't decided between two skilled mages Sean needs to be brought to. The most logical one would be Markie, but personifying her might take a while, so his getting Zoekin's approval. The other option is Vivian, but since she is a predator, negociations will be tough.

Either way, one of them agrees to help Sean realease his latent potential, but still needs to vent the excess of energy, so a battle takes place. After that, Kay begin training Sean and Lester.

Arc 3 is the the training arc. At first, Kay shows them the basic, but after a while, they befriend Véronique, who develops her trademark over-the-top infatuation for Sean. The rest is like battle simulations, and situational simulations thanks to Véro.

Arc 4 is the proving quest, needing to reach the Mysterious Temple. However, they must take a detour through Bulvon Woods, as the main road leads to the Jungle of Peril, where they can't survive. Along the way, they will meet up with Misty and the Master Ring again. Instead of a Demon Form, it actually gives Sean a dangerous ability which was actually supressed in arc 2. When he is extremely enraged, he breaks into a berserk state which have his body overload with energy. His power triples, but he loses consciousness, and his body fights on reflex alone. It sorta is like the REAL Fierce Diety in MM manga. Finally, they reach the temple and acquire their weapon upgrades.

Arc 5 has them rest at the Giant Tree for a while. (they befriended Crisis in arc 3) But Sean unwillingly get involved with Lily's discrimination for humans. The have some little skirmishes here and there. Eventually, he learns that she and Crisis used to be childhood friends, and that she threw away her friendship ever since Crisis met Léa. Sean is disgusted, and decides to change Lily's way of thinking. Negociations are going downhill very quickly due to Sean's and Lily's stubborness. Eventually, Sean loses control of his temper, and a huge fight breaks out between him and Lily. Neither of them is willing to give up; this reactivate Sean's berserk state temporarely to bring Lily down.

They continue bickering, when they are interrupted by a vision showing Lily and her sisters way back in their childhood. They all see the scene of her capture and torture. Then, soldiers surrounds the poachers. (who would torture a fairy anyway beside poachers) At the head of the commando is none other than Kay. He and his squad arrest the poachers and try saving Lily's sister, but she dies from her injuries. They decide to build an altar and burry her on the opposite side of the Giant Tree. The tombstone only says "Here lies *blank space* Rest In Peace" Lily immediatly heads to the altar, and sees it is indeed there. It seems Sean's personal ability is to create "links to the past" through visions.

Kay uses his own ability to summon Lily's sister's spirit only temporarely, so they have one final talk. It ends with her saying that only with time (in other words, many years) will Lily be able to open up with humans, and she promises they will meet up again in a new, then her spirits departs forever. Kay explains that he left a blank space so that Lily could inscribe her sister's name on it. She does so with all her strength (to resist not bursting into tears). she also decides to relocate the burial to the Fairy Kingdom where she belongs. They all carry her coffin to Lily's "hometown" or whatever, with the three boys being under Véronique's protection. They build a new altar for her, and Lily inscribe "Here lies <Name> Rest In Peace" But then burst in tears, sign that her burden from the past is lifting. Being friendly, Sean plays a requiem for her sister. Lily renews her friendship with Crisis after they apologize, but she doesn't feel ready to open up to humans yet. Ever since, she is no longer merciless to them, but she is still cautious. In other words, she doesn't want to interact with one yet. But she still hunts humans though, except Léa.

Arc 5 is the one I really want to make as I'm certain I can make you cry with the ending, coupled with some appropriate music, you will really shed tears. But given it alters Lily a bit, I fear I might get red fire on that one. If I get green fire, I will suggest songs that, when played at the desired scene, will really make you feel the characters.

Arc 6 is the boys returning to Negav to learn Dimensional Magic. But as a test to show their stuff, they must first meet Drayla, and befriend her on their own. If they succeed, the ymust ask for a token, a leaf. They manage to do so, but in an awkward and very dangerous fashion. After that, they learn Dimensional Magic from Kay and returns to Earth. It continues with the second storyarc, but I won't spoil it yet.

So, this is my project in the future. When I'll be bored, I will still post short stories featuring my predators. Those are canon, but they are in-between moments. There's no real specification of when they take place, but they are quite self-explanatory.

I will continue reading stories until I feel ready to start this project. I will also link you to my new story account on DA when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:06 pm

A novel, mh? Welll good luck. I know from my own how hard it is to write a novel, I've tried it several times in the past and it isn't to compare with writing a short story or such on DA ... you'll have much of motivation-breaks and maybe also writer blocks ... if you can work against them and trying to motivate long enough you can have success. But it is really hard to finish a novel in a good quality, but why not trying it?
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm

OMG THIS NOVEL SOUNDS AWSOME.

can my tailmouth Naga Yelkavic be in it?
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Ravana3k wrote:
A novel, mh? Welll good luck. I know from my own how hard it is to write a novel, I've tried it several times in the past and it isn't to compare with writing a short story or such on DA ... you'll have much of motivation-breaks and maybe also writer blocks ... if you can work against them and trying to motivate long enough you can have success. But it is really hard to finish a novel in a good quality, but why not trying it?
I already have the first storyarc ready in mind; it won't be much of a problem for that part. I also have the beggining of the second storyarc.

Well, I have a lot of free time. I don't have a set ending yet, the timeline is like the book. The first timeline is the first book, the second timeline is the sequel, and so on. For this, I really need to know how you writers... er, write. ^^; It will take a bit of a while to read all the stories I set my eyes on, but I think it will be worth it.

Googlememan wrote:
OMG THIS NOVEL SOUNDS AWSOME.

can my tailmouth Naga Yelkavic be in it?
I will have to read your stories first, then I might contact you if I can borrow your character. Don't be hasty having your character being used by someone else. You must WORK hard on it so someone else is interested in using him. I learned it the hard way. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:24 pm

Hm, the novel itself sounds promising. I wish you luck on this endeavor, writing can be quite as taxing as drawing what with the laziness (which iw what's keeping me from updating my Heavy Felarya story :\ ) and that damn writers block, I doubt you'l have trouble with that for it seems you have everything all planned out nicely, in anycase I look forward to seeing this.
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:27 pm

It's still on DA that I'm writing it, silly. ^^; It's a huge saga, so it's like a novel. Each chapter is a short story, that is part of a much bigger story.

If you thought it was a book that would be published, you got it all wrong. I'm writing it on DA.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Oh...figured since you said novel you'd be writin a book. Where'd my mind go, lol

But whatever the case maybe, I still stand by my other words of encouragment.
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks a lot. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Good luck, I'll be looking forward to this. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Daimo wrote:
Good luck, I'll be looking forward to this. Wink
You better, there will be a part in Lamina. This time, Lester will show his stuff, since he gets the high-tech equipment.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Quote :
You better, there will be a part in Lamina. This time, Lester will show his stuff, since he gets the high-tech equipment.

Interesting! I wonder how he'll get through the whole bartering system Terria has. He'll have to give up some valuable items for some high tech equipment. If you want to know what they have you can always contact me.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Daimo wrote:
Quote :

Interesting! I wonder how he'll get through the whole bartering system Terria has. He'll have to give up some valuable items for some high tech equipment. If you want to know what they have you can always contact me.
No, he gets high tech in the first storyarc long before the trek to Lamina. You'll see when I'll write the story.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:16 pm

when are u going to write it?
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Googlememan wrote:
when are u going to write it?
After I read enough stories. I'm gonna include most of Felarya, so I need to read a lot of major stories from experts. In the mean time, I'll post a spoof of Felarya's creation soon, probably tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Daimo wrote:
Quote :

No, he gets high tech in the first storyarc long before the trek to Lamina. You'll see when I'll write the story.

Ah, okay. Maybe he can get an upgrade or something ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:45 am

Well good luck, writting a novel is really something huge ^^

In my opinion, if you want to make a story focusing on emotion you first have to make your characters attaching. For that the best way is to make the reader identify to them.. So make them humans and not too perfect, and not looking like you want to make them suceed at all cost. Well just an advice ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:06 am

That's exactly why I'm reading the stories.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 am

Okay, I hate double posting, but I must make an update.

I've been reading Rin's Adventures, no comeback GREGOLE, and I think I found at least three things I was lacking in my stories: subtility, I was revealing too much of my characters right off the bath; suspense, I suck at cliffhangers plus; consistency, I was too abrupt. I feel like I lack other things, but this is the three main things I lack.

So, I might post a short rough of what I've learned so far quite soon. It might not be perfect, but I think it should feel a bit more realistic, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:49 am

Good luck with your plan!
I agree with Ravana; writing novels or longer length stories can be frustrating and pain-staking. In all honesty, when I was writing my own story, I came across many blocks and infuriating situations where I would have to stop writing for a few days, and just think about what to do to make things flow in the right direction.

It's also good that you have a general idea for your plot, as it'll prevent you from writing yourself into a wall (a much worse situation than a mere writer's block).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felarya Novel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Novel   Felarya Novel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Novel
Page 1 of 1