Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quoting Ilceren: A How-To

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Empty
PostSubject: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Ilceren wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be unreachable through Skype (or any other way, really) at American afternoon times. I got a copy of Dying Light and I am spending pretty much all my free time on it. I will still check the forum before going to bed as usual, and appear briefly at the chatbox to get the logs. If you want to contact me for any reason, a PM here or a Note over at dA should do the trick.

As you can probably see, depending on the settings of your monitor, this is nigh-illegible. I'm sick of seeing it, to be honest. >_< I think it'd be very helpful for everyone to be aware of how to deal with this issue themselves. And because I forgot that you could just highlight the text before I started writing this, I'm going to tell you all how.

It's quite simple, really. After you click the "Quote" button at the bottom of one of Ilceren's posts, you'll be taken to a post composing screen with his post wrapped in (quote) tags. However, you might also notice that, in your post, his text will also be wrapped in (colour) tags. Simply remove these, being careful not to remove any part of the (quote) tags, and viola!

Ilceren wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be unreachable through Skype (or any other way, really) at American afternoon times. I got a copy of Dying Light and I am spending pretty much all my free time on it. I will still check the forum before going to bed as usual, and appear briefly at the chatbox to get the logs. If you want to contact me for any reason, a PM here or a Note over at dA should do the trick.

Now you, too, can quote Ilceren without causing people unnecessary frustration! ^_^ Happy Posting, Felaryans!
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 pm

I tried this but I did not receive a viola. I want my money back.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:47 am

Ooooh, I even have my own how-to over here! Heh, just kidding.

In any case, I'm sorry about the extra steps and all, but it's just that this forum's choice of colours is horrible. Just who mixes a dark background for normal posts with a light one for quotes? It's just dumb. That way, you're restricting font colours to one: the automatic one. It's the only colour that switches tone, a light one in normal posts and a dark one in quotes. All the other ones are just going to be hard to see in one of the two cases, normal post or quote, so... Yeah, sorry.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:39 pm

XD This is why Charas got multiple boarder styles of the site layout. Personally I only see a need to change color in the chat box so I can be seen more easily. cat Plus I like the default layout of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Nyaha wrote:

depending on the settings of your monitor, this is nigh-illegible. I'm sick of seeing it, to be honest. >_< I think it'd be very helpful for everyone to be aware of how to deal with this issue themselves. And because I forgot that you could just highlight the text before I started writing this, I'm going to tell you all how.

It's quite simple, really. After you click the "Quote" button at the bottom of one of Ilceren's posts, you'll be taken to a post composing screen with his post wrapped in (quote) tags. However, you might also notice that, in your post, his text will also be wrapped in (colour) tags. Simply remove these, being careful not to remove any part of the (quote) tags, and viola!

Now you, too, can quote Ilceren without causing people unnecessary frustration! ^_^ Happy Posting, Felaryans!

Am I doing this right Nyaha? I think I got it figured out guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quoting Ilceren: A How-To   Quoting Ilceren: A How-To Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quoting Ilceren: A How-To
Page 1 of 1