Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya: Anastasia's Adventures, The Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AuriatheWriter
Helpless prey
AuriatheWriter

Felarya: Anastasia's Adventures, The Quest Empty
PostSubject: Felarya: Anastasia's Adventures, The Quest   Felarya: Anastasia's Adventures, The Quest Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Chapter 1

I hid in the alley, it was dark out but the street lanterns kept Jewel City lit, most folks were heading home and some going into the still open shops and restaurants. I was wearing the body of model with the perfect curves, waist length wavy blonde hair, and yellow eyes. The clothing I wore was a simple red dress and a pair of red high heels. I stare at the picture held in my hand, it was a wanted poster showing a photo of a teenage boy named Ruffles. It did give me a chuckle every time I see the name, though the name was merely a pin name. Criminals often used fake names to save the disgrace of their families, and this one was no different. It was a shame what I had to do to this boy knowing he had a family and a full life ahead of him, but it was something that had to be done, whether I approved or not. My eyes shifts back to the city, finding who I was looking for. The boy was tall, muscular, and wore only a jean jacket, jeans and a pair of shoes. With no hesitation I walk over to him.

"Hey, handsome!" I shout, waving a hand and catwalking to his side. He turns to me and his eyebrows shot up and left his mouth wide open.

"H-h-hi." He stutters, smiling.

I move in front of him and touch his chest and his abs, feeling every muscle tone. "I'm feeling lonely tonight." I say, in a seductive, sexy voice. "Mind keeping me company?" I look up at him, my face showing an invitation to my offer.

Ruffles just nods. I pull him back into the alley and wrap him with my long green snake-like tail, catching him by surprise. My body was no longer human, reverting back to the 103 year old lamia as my skin turned green and scaly, and my face looking old and wrinkly. Ruffles struggles to break free but was no use, my tail's grip was powerful enough to keep him from escaping, it helped that it was filled with thickness and muscle. Quickly, I lean over to him and let my lips meet his, his life force refilling my youth. Even without looking at a mirror, I knew my face reversed back to the face of a 21 year old woman, but the man was now a mummified body. I lie Ruffles down gently on the ground and apologize for the misfortune I caused him. I slither away from the carcass and went on my way to meet my boyfriend Diego. Unlike me, he was human and didn’t carry the burden of having to take away life in order to have life. The old me would have cared less about the man she had just killed, but this kinder, gentler lamia wished that it didn’t had to end that way. That there was someway for me to live without taking the life of teenagers. But there wasn’t, and so I continued to live with the curse and deal with it.

I slither inside the tavern known locally in Jewel City, as Fairy’s Favorite Ale. At the corner of the tavern was a man with brown hair and green eyes. He wears a dark jacket over his plain white t-shirt, blue jeans and dark colored shoes with an orange stripe. He looks at me, smiling and waving. Butterflies flew in my stomach, just as it did when I first met him. I couldn’t believe that after all these years of being together, he can still make me feel like this, like I was falling in love with him all over again. I couldn’t help but give him a big smile, sharp teeth showing and all. I could never figure out why these were needed anyway, perhaps just to distinguish us further from humans. I slither to the table he was sitting and take my seat across from him.

“Hello, handsome. Missed me?” I start to undo the pigtails while looking at him with my bright yellow eyes.

“All the time.” He replies. “How was your hunt?”

I cringe at his question. “Do I have to answer? You know, I don’t like talking about it.”

“Why? No one’s listening.”

“It doesn’t matter, it’s not a subject I’m proud of. It makes me feel like a bad guy.” I let my shoulder length hair bounce in volume once the hair bands were off.

“But you’re not doing it out of evil intentions, you’re doing it to keep yourself alive. And to prove you’re not a bad guy, you at least apologize to the victims. Not many evil people do that.”

“Still, it’d be nice to have a choice for once.”

“If it makes you feel any better, you can have a choice tomorrow.” He says.

“Why, what’s tomorrow?” I ask, raising my brow.

“I’ll tell you when I take you to my apartment. For now, let’s order something, well, if you want anything of course. I know that you never feel hunger or thirst.”

My life absorption powers not only allows me to live a long time, it also nourishes basic needs like eating, drinking and sleeping without ill effects. Though this doesn’t mean I can’t have food or drinks, it’s just not necessary. Most of the time I won’t ask for food or drinks, but sometimes I do eat just to be polite, also food taste good.

I reach across the table to wrap my hand around his and smile, “It’s ok, Diego, I’ll eat with you. I did ask for a second date after all.”

“Still, I don’t want to make you eat if you don’t want to.” Diego signals one of the waiters and orders his food and drink. I order as well.

“I’ll come back with your drinks.” The black haired waiter says and walks away.

I keep holding Diego’s hand, carefully tracing it with my thumb, staring into his beautiful green eyes. Diego returns the gesture with his other hand and smiles at me. “Anastasia, you make me feel like the luckiest and happiest man in the world. You are my world, I don’t know what I’d do if we’ve never had met.” Diego says.

“And you are the jigsaw puzzle to my life. Even though you knew what I was, what I was capable of, you still managed to love me and show me what has been missing in my life. I’m a better person because of you.”

Diego was about to lean over to kiss my lips, but I stop him before he could. “Diego.” I say, shaking my head at him.

“Oh.” Diego sits back in his chair. “Right, sorry.”

“It’s okay, if it was possible, I’d love nothing more than to kiss you, and not just on the cheek or forehead.” I sigh. That was the downside in our relationship. Not only does my power work on children and teenagers, but also young men. With the touch of my lips on his could end his life, preventing us from truly showing our affections. I remember trying to control my life absorption powers the last time we tried to kiss, it didn’t go too well as I almost sucked the life out of Diego. It was painful to know that my powers worked against me, no matter what I did, it always happened unwillingly. It was a price I had to pay for being a lamia.

“Hey, don’t be so gloomy. We know we love each other. Don’t need to lock lips to prove it.”

Diego, always the positive one in the relationship. He can never see the glass half empty, in every situation there was always a silver lining and often made good points. It was true that we didn’t need to lock lips to show our affection towards each other. Still, it’d be nice if we could share one special kiss.

The waiter finally comes with the drinks and later with our food. We happily enjoy our meal together, it made us forget about the whole almost kissing incident and the awkwardness that went with it. Soon it was time for us to go home, Diego paid the bill before we left, leading me to his apartment. We live apart but often one of us would sleep in each others home and sleep together. Both of us live in the same apartment complex except Diego lives upstairs, I live downstairs. Diego and I take the stairs, I really didn’t want to cause the elevator to be broken due to the weight of my tail. We pass through several people, many of them wave at me and smile, I did the same. It amazes me at how people can still be nice to me, knowing what I am and what I do. We make it to floor 6 and stop in front of the third door. Diego unlocks the door and allows me to go inside first. I didn’t turn on the light because my eyes could clearly see everything as if it were day. When the lights did turn on, I turn to Diego and smirked.

“I forgot. Humans have terrible night vision.” I joke.

“It’s a minor handicap, no big deal.” He says, putting the key on the table beside the door and close it behind him. He comes closer to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. “Though I should be lucky.”

“Hmm? And why is that?”

“If I ever get lost in a dark cave, I know you would be there to lead me out. You’re like night goggles for me.”

I giggle. “Gosh, you sure think highly of me.”

“Well, would you?” He asks, looking at me with questionable eyes.

I kiss his cheek and smile, “Of course, I love you and I’ll always be here for you. Even acting as your eyes in the dark.”

“See, lucky.”

I giggle again. The two of us make our way into Diego’s bedroom. The walls were green, drawers at the right side of the room, a closet on the left side and in the middle a bed with a wooden frame and green sheets covering the bed. It makes me wonder if Diego decorated it green just so it matches my skin. I giggle at the thought and just slither inside the covers while Diego slides into the other side of the bed. I wrap my tail around his body, careful not to squeeze him to death.

“I hope you’re ready for tomorrow.” He says.

“I don’t even know what tomorrow is. I’m not even sure what I should be excited about.” I say, looking into his bright green eyes.

“You will know once you follow my instructions.”

“What instructions?”

“First, I need you to be dressed in the prettiest dress you can find. Second, you need to wait til nightfall. Third, slither to Moonflower Meadow. And finally, wait for me there and be prepared for the greatest surprise ever.”

“And what are you going to do?”

“You’ll know when I reveal it to you at Moonflower Meadow.”

More than ever was I curious about this surprise, but there was one thing that did bothers me. “But wait, what about the legend?”

“Legend?” Diego raises a brow.

“There’s a legend surrounding that meadow. About a girl who stayed in there and disappeared when the full moon floated above the meadow. Ever since no one has ever touched that meadow.”

“Ah, that’s just a rumor, Anastasia. Just because we live in a world of magic, doesn’t mean everything is true.”

“Still, I’m cautious.”

And the stories did not stop with the poor little girl. Most people I met have lost someone or has left their child in that meadow, only to end up without them. Though the ones who left their child did did it intentionally in the name of protection. I didn’t want to be the one who disappeared and possibly can never return. I don’t know how my life will be knowing that I left my one true love, not being able to return. My life has been so good with him around, I’d feel lost without him.

“But the meadow is beautiful at night, it’ll be the perfect for the surprise.” Diego says, persisting me to go along with his plan.

I really didn’t want to go to that meadow, but perhaps nothing will happen as Diego said. Perhaps the people who told me their stories were only trying to entertain me. So I nod in agreement and tell him, “Ok.”

“Great!” His eyes shot up in excitement. “I know you don't sleep, but I do. I'm gonna need the energy for tomorrow."

I watch him close his eyes, while my hand stroke his head. "Goodnight, sweet prince." I smile, and hugged him the entire night while he continues to sleep.

The next morning, I get up from bed and went to my own apartment to grab something to wear for the special day Diego talked about yesterday. I catch myself wearing a nice black dress and golden earrings. I brush my hair down and curl it with a hair curler. I put on just enough eyeliner and lipstick. While I wait for night to fall, I watch the Magic Bowl Games reruns on the television. It was a popular sport among the people of Au`stra and people from all backgrounds compete with each other to prove who was the master of magic. It gets intense when all the magicians compete for the Wizard’s Cup. For now, they only showed reruns of last year’s game. The Magic Bowl was only held once a year, so the players stay home and train while doing other things like commissions, slayage, and traveling. Though some are just stay at home moms, dads, sisters, brothers and other types of people. Some are even still in high school or are working as employees at a grocery store. I’m one of the many that enjoy watching these games and have developed a favorite: Ken Cartner. He’s a fire magician and won two Wizard’s Cup two years in a row. I was watching the match he had with a dark magic user and successfully defeated him in the semi-finales. I continued to watch the television until it was time to go. It was dark out, but warm weather remained and the stars brightly shines down at the Jewel City. I walk out of the city gates and venture out into the wilderness. While my eyes wondered, I could see trails of small light above the trees, immediately recognizing them as Fairies. The forest was filled with them, sprites come out as well but are usually mischievous, despite that they are very kind creatures and will be more than happy to help you. Unlike fairies they don’t glow but they do make chirping sounds. I don’t seem to be hearing them though, they may  just be observing.

I continue to look around while slithering further into the forest, spotting deer, flying raccoons and even a black unicorn. Soon I come closer to a clearing, there were no trees but instead a meadow, covered in silver colored flowers that illuminated the dark forest. It was the most beautiful thing I’ve seen. Mesmerized by the glowing beauty of these flowers, I walk into the meadow and just stare at them, touching them and smelling them. They had a pleasant smell. I stayed there for a few minutes or so when their pedals start to glow brighter, turning from silver to pure white. It brought questions to my mind and look around for the source for whatever was making these flowers glow. Suddenly, something clicks in my head and tells me to look up. The round moon hovered above the meadow, it’s light shining down on the flowers causing the pedals to glow so brightly. I knew I had to get out of there, but I was too late as the white light enveloped me and knocked me out cold.
----

Though light did not shone on my eyelids, I knew to wake up and slowly open my eyes. In my view there are trees, large trees and their leaves gently moving up and down as the wind breathes on them. The place I was in was dark and gloomy, there seems to be no or little light. I sit up quickly but later regret it when my head starts to spin, laying back down again I place my hands on my spinning head and rub it to relief the effects. While lying down, my eyes scanned the area a little more and found myself to be in a forest. It wasn’t any forest I recognize. What is this? Where am I? I bolt onto my tail and look around, breathing heavily and placing my hands on my hair. Was I transported here? How? My mind couldn’t seem to recall any past events of what has happened to me and why or how I was in this strange place. I..I need something to drink. I slither away to find water, it wasn't alcohol, but it'll do. I may splash some water in my face as well, perhaps I'm dreaming this whole thing.

From the dark forest and behind some bushes, I see a large amount of water, possibly a lake. I walk over there only to be blinded by the extreme light. I quickly close my eyes, cover them with my hands as the pain slowly withers away. I try to open my eyes, slowly this time, and get them to adjust to the sunlight.

That’s new, I thought to myself, I never been bothered by light. Slithering close to the lake, I bend down and take a sip. Just after I took it, my reflection in the water shocks me, I bring my hands to touch my face, just as before it was human except this time my skin was not green, but gray and my skin was as smooth and soft as human skin, no scales to be traced or felt. My hair also changed to a pure black color, my eyes stayed yellow. I look at my hands, they still look human like before, but were also the same color as my face, concluding that my entire body was now gray. I checked to see if anything else changed. I could still see the black dress I wore and the makeup I put on...Diego. Suddenly, the memories of Diego came flashing back but I repressed for now. I needed to know what else has changed after being transported here. Looking back at my tail, I could see black and gray stripes around my tail, both top and base. My upper body stayed human and my lower half stayed snake, only difference was my skin was gray and my tail black and gray striped, no longer one color but bi-color.

"What happened to me?" I whisper to myself, looking again in horror and astonishment of the physical changes on my body. How could this of happened? Once again, I breathed heavily in panic and began to pace myself, trying to think. Just then the thought of Diego rushed back into my mind. I was in a foreign land, while Diego stayed behind in Au`stra. I wanted to hit something but there was nothing to hit, so I just calmed myself down and took a deep breath. Well, there’s nothing I can do about it now but hope to find a way home. I wonder what could be going through his mind when he sees I’m nowhere to be found. What would he think? Did he think I’d abandoned him? Or did he figured out the legend was true and was looking for a way to bring me back? I didn’t wait around to answer my own questions, instead I went to find my own way out. I took more sips of water and washed the eyeliner and lipstick off before heading back into the dark forest. While slithering through the forest I hear a rustling of leaves, thinking it might be a native I prepare myself for better or for worse. But after seeing nothing out of the ordinary I dismiss it for an animal.

Hearing the sound of rustling leaves again, I turn to the source but whoever or whatever is here refuses to be seen. “Hello?.” I say, looking around. More rustling sounds. “If you’re thinking of harming me, you should think twice.” I ball up my fists in case anyone tries to harm me, though I knew nothing about physical combat. Lamias were never meant for combat, only lure and life absorption. Even if this new body was meant for fighting, I wouldn’t know how to for the lack of training and experience. I’m hoping more to scare whoever was out there with my bluff. I don’t think it worked...

“Ooh, so tough. Even for someone so far into the wrong side.” A shadow jumps down from the trees and slowly appears in front of me, even in this darkness, I could clearly see the creature. She partially had a humanoid upper body and  the body of a spider body below the torso. Her skin pale and her hair white. Her eyes a bright yellow, glowing against the dark. What surprises me was her lack of clothing, openly showing her nude and huge breasts. No one in Au`stra walks around like this, well except for trolls, they live for the wild side. It makes me feel out of place here, but my modesty keeps me to stay covered.

“Wrong side of what exactly? Where am I?”  I keep a calm and polite manner, though still on guard.

“That won’t matter, because you don’t belong in this forest, which gives me every right to kill you.” She reveals her sharp claws, and without warning, makes a motion to claw at me but I dodge it, slithering away from her. “Coward, come back here!”

“Not on your life, crazy lady! I don’t even know why you want to kill me for.” I say to her, this is so not my lucky day. I try getting as far away from her as possible. She was too fast though and kicks the back of my head, knocking me down face first. I taste dirt and spit it out. I feel her weight on my back, she grabs my hair and pulls back my head. I feel the sharp nails pressing, yet not piercing through, against the side of my neck, right near my pulse.

“Out of all the nagas I’ve met, you’re the least challenging. I think it’s best I end you now.”

Before she could pierce her claws further into my neck, fear took over as I felt a burst of energy come out of me. It was enough to get the spider woman off of me, and when I look back, I could see her hit her back against the tree and fall onto the grown. I stand on my tail wondering what the hell I did to do that.

“So, you have fighting spirit after all. No matter, I’ll get rid of you one way or another.” She stands on her feet and put on a fighting stance.

“Please, I don’t want to fight.” I say. I back away from her. Whatever helped me repel her was most likely magical energy, but right now I was in a tight spot, though I have used magic in the past it would be hard to know if the magic here is different from the magic in Au`stra. And I doubt this woman would give me time to learn about the magic I possess, all I could do now is think of an escape.

“Then you can die.” The spider woman runs at me, but something kicks her away. The figure lands on her feet and stares at me, in return I stare at the mysterious stranger. It wasn’t like I’ve seen before. The mysterious stranger was a girl with red hair that reached down to her waist. Two long antennae coming out from her forehead. Her ocean blue eyes illuminated beautifully against the darkness. Long sickled spines were visible on her arms. Her skin gave out a nice light tan. Her lower body and legs were identical to a praying mantis and was bright green in color. Two scythed appendages appeared on each side of the junction of her human torso and lower praying mantis body.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the dridder for ya.” The mantis girl assures me as she turns her head to face this dridder.

The dridder stands up and looks at the new opponent she must face. “You’re going to wish you hadn’t done that.”

The mantis girl turns around smacking her rear. “Here, I’ll give you a free shot to kick my ass.”

The dridder growls. She crawls to the mantis girl and goes for the kick to her rear. The mantis girl flies up and gives her a side kick to the head. The dridder stumbles a little but keeps herself on her feet and reaches out claw at her. The mantis woman grabs the opponent’s arm with just one hand, pulls her towards her fist as her face makes contact with it. The dridder cries in pain, covering her face. The mantis woman wastes little time and punches the opponent’s gut. The dridder gasps and bends over as she wraps her arms around her gut, only to feel and elbow jab her neck, knocking her out as she falls on the ground.

The mantis girl wipes her hands together as if they were dirty and places both hands on her hips and huffs her chest. “Like a boss.”

“Wow, that was amazing.” I say, slithering towards the girl. “And thank you, you have no idea how lucky I feel that you came just in time.”

“Yeah, you sure were having a hard time back there.” She faces me and puts on a happy face. “I’ve been watching you for awhile and well I think it was about time we got to know each other.”

“Wait, you were watching me, and you didn’t come to my aid when you first saw me in trouble.” I say, annoyed.

She shrugs. “I thought you could handle yourself.” Then she smiles and reaches her hand towards me. “I’m Ruth. What’s your name?”

Still annoyed, I didn’t shake her hand but answered her question. “I’m Anastasia.”

“Rude, you can at least shake my hand.” She crosses her arms. “I did save your life after all.”

“I’m sure you would have let me die if you thought I could handle myself.”

“But I didn’t.”

I sigh. “Look, I’m sorry. It’s just I don’t know where I am and being nearly killed by a native being has made me really grouchy. I need to find someone who can transport me back to my home.”

Just then a smile spreads across Ruth’s face. “Hey, I can help you out!”

“You can?” Excitement rises in my voice.

“Sure. But you have to do something for me first.”

“What? But I have to go home.”

“No, buts, you owe me for saving your life. It’s a I scratch your back, you scratch my back situation. And right now, you need to pay your debt.”

I wanted to just leave and find someone else to help me, but I remembered how defenseless I was against that dridder. Traveling alone didn’t seem like a good idea right now. “Alright, what do I have to do. Fetch you a gem? Go on a quest for you?”

“Well, it’s kinda a quest, but you won’t be doing it for me. You’ll be going with me.” Ruth says. Ruth clears her throat before continuing. “This year mantoids are traveling all over Felarya to the Oloonde Lakeland to compete in the tournament. I want you to come with me as a traveling companion.”

“That’s easy enough.” Though I feel there could be more to it than just be a traveling buddy.

“Well, that and you’d have to learn how to control your magic along the way. I could tell you’re novice, so I need you to learn so that I won’t have to save your butt all the time.’

“I don’t know. I sworn myself not to use magic again.” I say, looking at my hands. I could feel the power inside of me. Lamias were not born with magic, aside from the human morphing and life absorption, but when one does learn magic, it is felt. I did not feel it earlier, but now that I was calm and out of danger, the magic inside of me bursted like flame and it wanted out. I knew the costs of knowing magic, some get so powerful they become corrupt and try to control the world. Me, on the other hand, became so obsessed I didn’t care what got in my way, though I was evil to begin with, the magic I possessed made me more insane, more mad. It made me afraid of what I might become now that magic was inside me. And this time, the feeling of it wasn’t going away, it was here to stay. But I’m good now, I tell myself. I can use it for good use. Though it’s true magic can corrupt the user, some users managed to keep their common sense and use it to help the world and for the Magic Bowl Games. “But if it’s for a good cause, it won’t hurt to learn about the magic I possess.”

“Good. Let’s start now.” Ruth walks past me, looking behind me I see her urging me to follow, I did so. I slither to her side, wondering what I got myself into.
Back to top Go down
http://tvandfilmwriter.deviantart.com/

Felarya: Anastasia's Adventures, The Quest
Page 1 of 1