Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VivLovesButtContests
Tasty morsel

The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that Empty
PostSubject: The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that   The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 3:05 am

Someone told me that if a person crosses the edges of Felarya's world's space, they will teleport to the opposite side of the world. I thought that this teleporting of anyone or anything could perhaps be the source of some interesting ideas and settings in the world.

Here's 2 ideas so far. Please add more if you want!

A manmade cave, dug in the deepest known cave of the world, made to create an opening to sky and be able to see, observe and map the world. Perhaps it's considered one of the most incredible places in Felarya, as people travel down there to see their homeworld from the extraordinary perspective.

Manmade (made by mermaids?) or naturally made holes in the oceans creates waterfalls from the sky. Perhaps this could've been an attempt by some collective effort between Mermaids and a land-living species at making some dry area of the world fertile, as the water falling down into the sky turns to rain which blows across the land. These waterfalls from nothingness is also beautiful sight.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that Empty
PostSubject: Re: The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that   The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 1:03 am

The "infinite world scrolling" thing I don't think has ever truly been canonized? We know that if the you dig deep enough or fly high enough you'll leave and go into some other multiverse which is currently connected at that point.

If there is a true edge of the world, I'm not sure it'd be a cave, though you could easily use the cave as a specific location that's not related to the edge of the world. Unfortunately the part about the cave's bottom opening up into the sky of Felarya wouldn't really work within the rules set for the world. It is a creative idea though Smile
Back to top Go down

The edge of the world and teleportation, ideas around that
Page 1 of 1