Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of War II

Go down 
+2
spartan62893
Malahite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Trailer.
Home Page.

So, who else is looking forward to the next part of the Dawn of War series? So far, only Orks and Astartes are confirmed.

Screens:

https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawnbig2--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawnbig3--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawnbig4--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawnbig5--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawnbomb--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawngen11--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawngen14--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawngen2--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawngen3--screenshot.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/threatcon_1/PCG187pre_dawngen5--screenshot.jpg
Back to top Go down
spartan62893
Tasty morsel

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:46 pm

I can't wait for it to come out.
I'll play Dark Crusade until then
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:29 am

Truly it shall be made of win.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:50 pm

I heard Dreadnaughts can crush people underfoot.

Looking forward to it. *Goes back to SoulStorm*
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Gameplay Montage released.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 9:48 pm

New Teaser / Trailer.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:40 am

(Somewhat) hot off the Relicnews forum:
Quote :
1. There will certainly be devastator squads. This is from both Ebbert's mouth and unit descriptions in the gameplay video shown.
2. There will be a major announcement in 5-6 weeks, revealing much new information including but not necessarily limited to information about the game's multi player aspect. This will be found on major gaming news websites, Ebbert could not mention a specific news site to watch. (when questioned, Ebbert did not mention any special party, event, or presentation that fans could attend)
3. For now, Relic is still not willing to talk about the possibility of Tyranids or, really, anything outside of the SM campaign. When further questioned about Tyranids, Ebbert responded to the effect that 'we're not blind, deaf or stupid. we watch the forums and are trying to give the players what they want'
4. It's confirmed that squad leaders don't die permanently. Loss of all forces or mission failure results in an emergency evacuation by Thunderhawk gunship so that your leaders, at least, are not lost. Part of what drives this decision is the design team's stance against taking away the player's carefully constructed army and forcing the player to start over from nothing as so often happens in a traditional RTS. DoW 2 is clearly borrowing heavily from the force persistence that was central to the Homeworld series.
5. The campaign is to be a compromise between the free-form DC and SS style of campaign and the story-driven but linear WA and vanilla DoW campaigns. The intent is that the player will decide for him/herself how and where to go about 'saving an entire sector of the galaxy' rather than going along with a plan of action devised by the story writers, but the story will still be central to the action.
6. When questioned as to whether the story will tie in with or continue from the events of DoW 1, Ebbert responded to the effect that we will be seeing some familiar faces in the DoW2 story.
7. When questioned regarding chaos, specifically whether or not fans will get to see gods other than Khorne represented at some point, Ebbert indicated that as a tabletop Chaos player he would ensure that Chaos players received some love. his specific wording, which I was unable to record, did hint that Chaos might be featured or expanded upon in a later expansion rather than in the initial release.

Careful observation of the few new screens and video shown at the presentation gives us the following:
1. Suppression and retreat exist in a form quite similar to CoH, though the specifics are not 100% clear. Ebbert also stated that retreating AI squads should be wiped out to prevent them alerting larger forces to your presence and calling reinforcements.
2. based on what looked like a mockup squad selection screen, the SM campaign will feature the Force Commander (possibly a squad unto himself or a command squad), 2 tactical squads (one of the Sergeants had a bolter, the other a flamer) 2 devastator squads (one Sgt. had HB, the other ML) a scout squad, an assault squad (jet packs may be optional, the sergeant didn't seem to have one) and 2 vehicles (looked like a rhino/razorback and a predator if memory serves). As to whether the player chooses 6 of these, or the FC and vehicles don't count towards the '6 squad limit' previously established, I didn't think to ask.
3. Jump pack assault marines leave craters upon landing. These craters can be used for cover. As in CoH, directional cover, deformable terrain, and destructible buildings will all interact to affect the battlefield, creating and destroying cover while opening and closing possible routes of advance.
4. meltabombs and other wargear are as useful for clearing paths through difficult terrain (such as taking down tall walls or possibly occupied buildings) as for killing enemies.
5. based on a concept/render pic showing a vast array of melee weapons and a second pic of the scout squad outfitting screen, there will be a very huge variety of wargear available to your squads, leaders. Fans of swords, axes, and hammers will be well pleased, though I don't recall seeing much in the way of maces or other melee weapons. That said, I don't think the 2 pics shown represent all the possible wargear choices.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am

I'm looking forward to DoWII, but I've decided to take a "wait and see" approach. They really need to come up with a way to get 'Nids into the game, and I would also like to see some differentiation between the various Astarte and Chaos armies. Rather than having a generic Khorne Chaos force, let people play an actual Space Wolves or Thousand Sons army (not just a generic SM/Chaos force colored like them). Very Happy

Even if it's just releasing them in further expansions as extra forces (along with additional "real" armies), that would be fine. Most of the work is already done, since they're basically Space Marines and Chaos Marines underneath; all that needs to be done is coming up with new models for them and tweaking their abilities. The same principle can be applied to other forces, like the IG; give us the option to build an entirely Death Korps, Elysian, or Catachan-themed force if we want to. Smile

Dawn of War was a wonderful first effort, but now that Relic's shown they know what they're doing, they really need to turn it up a notch for the sequel. People are going to be expecting a major improvement on everything, not just the same old stuff done over again.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 am

To save some time, copy-paste from me o'er posts:

Dawn of War II Warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-ii-2008
And the article that confirms such.
A good week to be a 40Ker!
Gameplay video of the 'Nids and Blood Ravens.
And now a slight modification to an earlier video.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:59 am

Shocked Effin' LOVELY. cheers

Exactly the kind of thing I needed to see before Biology class. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:02 am

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Shocked Effin' LOVELY. cheers

Exactly the kind of thing I needed to see before Biology class. Laughing

Hive Minded Space Dinosaurs at their finest. What you would do for a [quite assuredly] dead specimen, eh?
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Now, I know everyone is probably going to pounce on me the moment I say this, but I've never really been a fan of tabletop games. Embarassed
I learned about Warhammer 40k when I tripped over Dawn of War and grabbed it. After I played the game for awhile I found out about the tabletop game, and decided to look up Warhammer 40k online. But finally, we're getting Tyranids? Very Happy I just hope that we can get more Necrons, they've always been my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:25 pm

S-Guy wrote:
Now, I know everyone is probably going to pounce on me the moment I say this, but I've never really been a fan of tabletop games. Embarassed
I learned about Warhammer 40k when I tripped over Dawn of War and grabbed it. After I played the game for awhile I found out about the tabletop game, and decided to look up Warhammer 40k online. But finally, we're getting Tyranids? Very Happy I just hope that we can get more Necrons, they've always been my favorite.

There's always expansion packs.

I'm just hoping that the introduction of Chaos in an expansion offers more variety than the Table-Top difference between Loyalist and Chaos. But yes, the 'Nids are finally in.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Malahite wrote:
Hive Minded Space Dinosaurs at their finest.

And I say unto you, "HELL YEAH!" Very Happy

Malahite wrote:
What you would do for a [quite assuredly] dead specimen, eh?

See, this is the kind of thing I KNOW would end badly, and yet I find myself in complete agreement anyways.

Man... watching that video really makes me reevaluate the merits of a 'Nidzilla army for the tabletop game... ^^;
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:10 pm

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
See, this is the kind of thing I KNOW would end badly, and yet I find myself in complete agreement anyways.
What's the worst that can happen? I mean, beyond one of the weapon's ammunition systems remaining functional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of War II   Dawn of War II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn of War II
Page 1 of 1