Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hornet/Bee Girls

Go down 
+11
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Malahite
The Rev
Rythmear
Zoekin
gwadahunter2222
MukatKiKaarn
GREGOLE
Karbo
Pendragon
melancholy-melody13
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Little idea I came up with, some credit for ideas for the hornet girls goes to GREGOLE, this is a roughdraft idea of what they would bee like ^^ hehehe pun

Basicly from the upper half there human women except with antenna, and bee wings. from the waist down they have large abdomens and 3 pairs of legs, like normal bees/hornets they have stingers which has a deadly poison which basically completely shuts down the nervous system of most any creatures and can kill even large predators with enough stings
they live in large hives which are usually located near the tops of very large trees. where they have a single queen bee/hornet whom is twice as large as the other bees/hornets, it is the worker bees jobs to gather food for the hive and queen this includes of course pollen from various types of flowers but also includes humans, Neko's or anything else small enough to over power. The more meaty foods are eaten usually by the workers and queen. the honey which they make using the pollen is feed to the young larva which come from the eggs of the queen.
there are two known species of these the more beelike ones they are fairly small only 20-30ft high which are usually more friendly and less aggressive though still bring humans and Neko's to there queen whom usually has a taste for them and then there are the large more hornet like ones these are far more aggressive ranging from 40-50ft tall, unlike there smaller counterparts they have clawed hands and a second sort mouth ((think Xenomorph)) which has a wasplike jaw they use this for tearing at enemies, they are hostile to all things small enough to be eaten and usually will attack anything that gets near there hive. they have been known to have horrible fights with neighboring Pantaurs whom also live in the trees.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:44 pm

This seems like a good race. Tell me, do they make good honey? Being in Felarya, it must be "magically delicious." Maybe even the larger predators would strive for it.

I would find it hilarious if Crisis or some other carnivorous predator snuck in and dipped a neko in their honey before eating her. That would indeed be a unique delicasy. It'd be dangerous to do, but it would also definitely be worth it.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Pendragon wrote:
This seems like a good race. Tell me, do they make good honey? Being in Felarya, it must be "magically delicious." Maybe even the larger predators would strive for it.

I would find it hilarious if Crisis or some other carnivorous predator snuck in and dipped a neko in their honey before eating her. That would indeed be a unique delicasy. It'd be dangerous to do, but it would also definitely be worth it.

Lol they honey is EXTREMLY good and very addicting, also it has very strong healing proportys. funny thing is most felaryas creatures are very magical but the hornet/bee girls rarely have very strong magical ablitliys only basic ones and also like most felaryan bugs have a natural resistence to magic.

Lol XD Crisis would probably get stung alot, they don't like sharing there honey unless your a very good friend of theres and they allow it you'll basicly get chased and stung like hell.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 pm

Knowing her appetite, I'd say she would find a way.

While on the subject, how does one befriend these bee girls? Anything smaller than them is basically fodder to be eaten or killed, yet anything larger than them is likely to get stung to death.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:49 am

Mhh another great idea ! ^_^

I especially like the fact they live in group on top of trees and they are opposed to pantaurs. I would just maybe make them more of a human size ( besides some special like the queen or so ) because a swarm of giant bee-girls would lay quite a devastation in the rest of the zone I think XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:50 am

Yep, I think we did a right good job setting up the ideas. Nice work, Moony.

Quote :
I would just maybe make them more of a human size ( besides some special like the queen or so ) because a swarm of giant bee-girls would lay quite a devastation in the rest of the zone I think XD

Well, the inherent idea is that the hornet-women are larger and more aggressive than the bees, like actual hornets. They would be smaller than typical Felaryan inhabitants, but in the 30-40 foot range. That would place them at chilotaur scale, and would probably work better.
Since most Felaryans have access to magic, it seemed fair to make the hornets physical combat experts, with little to no supernatural powers. It also strikes me as a spectacular image to watch an 80-foot pantaur going up against five 40-foot wasp-women.

Besides that, Moony and I thought up the little tidbit that the hornets have a habit of going out, paralyzing lone driders and laying their eggs inside them. Wasps are known for tackling tarantulas several times their size, but the wasp-girls would still need to be of considerable size to manage the task.

What I think we ought to do is make the wasps less numerous than the bees, like actual colonies. Where a beehive has hundreds of individuals, a wasp nest only has half a dozen to two dozen residents.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:01 am

Pendragon wrote:
Knowing her appetite, I'd say she would find a way.

While on the subject, how does one befriend these bee girls? Anything smaller than them is basically fodder to be eaten or killed, yet anything larger than them is likely to get stung to death.

Well the hornet girls are the very aggrisive ones so befriending them is nearly impossible. but the bee girls whom are smaller are usually more friendly and enjoy chatting more even with prey, so it is possible to befriend them but I wouldn't try your chance with the hornet girls XD
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:05 am

Karbo wrote:

I especially like the fact they live in group on top of trees and they are opposed to pantaurs. I would just maybe make them more of a human size ( besides some special like the queen or so ) because a swarm of giant bee-girls would lay quite a devastation in the rest of the zone I think XD

Lol yes wel mostly the hornet girls are and as normal hornets and as Greogle said there are no more then 12-24 in a hive but the bee girls hives are much larger so I guess they could be more human size say 8-16ft tall? and maybe the hornet girls could be only 30-35 ft tall.
Back to top Go down
MukatKiKaarn
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
MukatKiKaarn

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:56 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Lol yes wel mostly the hornet girls are and as normal hornets and as Greogle said there are no more then 12-24 in a hive but the bee girls hives are much larger so I guess they could be more human size say 8-16ft tall? and maybe the hornet girls could be only 30-35 ft tall.

That would seem like a fair compromise... 35 ft tall is still pretty impressive, speaking from the scale of a human being, and a gang of creatures that size would be quite a sight attacking a larger creature.

I also imagine they'd have quite a wingspan, to accommodate a larger body. It'd be pretty sturdy stuff, too. I'd imagine that it'd be something of a commodity, for any adventurer brave enough to try and take on a wasp for a piece of their wings.
Back to top Go down
http://mukatkikaarn.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:04 am

I think it's more simple if only the queen is gigantic and the other bees or hornets are human size or slightly taller Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 am

Quote :
I think it's more simple if only the queen is gigantic and the other bees or hornets are human size or slightly taller

More simple, but not nearly as fun.

I like the human-ish scale for the bee-girls and the mid-scale for the wasps, with the queen being as large as any other Felaryan demihuman.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 am

Ok thank you for the precision

So bee girls would be about human height, live in colony of hundreds. maybe bringing prisonners to feed to the queen who is a lot bigger. There could be several category of bees, like soldiers, harvester etc..

And bigger hornet girls. I think that works ^^
Great job you two Wink
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:30 am

Glad to hear it suits your fancy. We've still got some work to do wrapping it all together, of course.

And of course, they still need names.

These are just off the top of my head, but for the bee-girls...
"Lormians" - based on the D&D race, the formians, who are, incidentally, ant-people.
"Miax" or "Miaxa" - Has an insectoid ring to it.

For the wasps...
"Vespids" - 'Vespid' is an adjective to describe something as wasp-like.
"Gyspas" - based on 'Vespa', but a bit more diluted.
"Drider-Hawks" - The tarantula hawk is my personal favorite species of wasp. Knowing a race of wasp-people who tackle driders in the exact same way, the term "drider-hawk" springs out.
Back to top Go down
MukatKiKaarn
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
MukatKiKaarn

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:11 am

I think 'dridder-hawk' is a good slang term, that something else would refer to them as. Gyspas is kind of neat, but it makes me think of gypsies, which doesn't really fit.

Miax sounds good for the bees, though. It's short, fairly easy to say (I'm guessing me-axe?), and stands out as a unique word that won't be mistaken for something else. It definitely seems like a winner. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://mukatkikaarn.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:21 am

Great names !
For me that would be Miax for the bees and mhh... Gyspas for the wasp I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:38 am

cheers

Great work!

Another fantastic race for Felarya! I'm really looking forward to learning more about them! I wonder how aggressive they are? When I was working with bees I found that their temprement was really affected by the weather a lot! They hate the rain and got quite docile on really hot days with no wind!

I see lots of possibilities with the honey!
Magical effects from the pollen perhaps? Some really strange plants in the jungles of Felarya!
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:10 am

Quote :
I think 'dridder-hawk' is a good slang term, that something else would refer to them as.

That's what I was thinking. A sentient people probably wouldn't settle for referring to themselves with a slang term.

Quote :
Miax sounds good for the bees, though. It's short, fairly easy to say (I'm guessing me-axe?), and stands out as a unique word that won't be mistaken for something else. It definitely seems like a winner. ^^

Quote :
For me that would be Miax for the bees and mhh... Gyspas for the wasp I think

Well, barring any objections from Moony, looks like 'Miax' it is.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:50 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :
I think 'dridder-hawk' is a good slang term, that something else would refer to them as.

That's what I was thinking. A sentient people probably wouldn't settle for referring to themselves with a slang term.

Quote :

Quote :
For me that would be Miax for the bees and mhh... Gyspas for the wasp I think

Well, barring any objections from Moony, looks like 'Miax' it is.

I agree ^^ those are good names =D can't wait to draw them ^^ I'm gonna attempt to later on
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Ha - I can just see some pansy warrior hacking at a swarm of bee girls thinking "Ha this isn't so bad!" With the giant queen behind him about to slurp him up Razz
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Looks like I forgot to mention how much I love this idea.

Yeah, great idea. Can't wait to see the results.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:30 am

Rythmear wrote:
Ha - I can just see some pansy warrior hacking at a swarm of bee girls thinking "Ha this isn't so bad!" With the giant queen behind him about to slurp him up Razz

Hahaha I imagined *exactly* the same image XD
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:25 am

Pansy Warrior hacking through 'em? Aren't (Yes, it isn't a word, though it makes the sentence work easier) the small ones some 30ft tall? Do you mean a Pansy Naga Warrior, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 pm

If they're hornets, then any warrior would be a pansy. Few things can survive their might. Only a creature made of metal or really hard scales could survive. (not by much, though)
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:51 pm

They shouldn't be any taller than five feet, otherwise they would be a bit overpowered. It would work with nagas and dridders, but only because they are usually alone, and never in large groups.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Quote :
They shouldn't be any taller than five feet, otherwise they would be a bit overpowered. It would work with nagas and dridders, but only because they are usually alone, and never in large groups.

We've discussed this. They specialize in physical weaponry, and consequently, have no magical abilities. Most driders and nagas have some level of magic to protect them.

A single moderately sized gyspa is no more dangerous than a lone drider without magical abilities.
No one considers that driders have similarly nasty physical weapons and access to magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hornet/Bee Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornet/Bee Girls   Hornet/Bee Girls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hornet/Bee Girls
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next