Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Martial Arts

Go down 
+18
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Flare
zalzas
Mentalguy
lami
/Fish/
Raveolution
Karbo
Haar
Silent_eric
Claire
Warrior3000
GREGOLE
gwadahunter2222
ZionAtriedes
Malahite
Shady Knight
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:08 am

lami wrote:
while martial arts can help you as a prey, if your a predator, you dont really need much skill other than grabbing your opponent and eating them,
Just about. Prey-Prey Martial Art skills, and Predator-Predator Martial art skills, are the only things that really need to be known.

lami wrote:
in RPG terms, every character has 1 hit point, better pump up that dex and put ranks into dodge,
I'd most certainly say that humans have more than 1hp, it's just that inside a stomach you're going through a perpetually damaging system that will not end until you have the consistency of goop.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:38 am

Malahite wrote:
lami wrote:
while martial arts can help you as a prey, if your a predator, you dont really need much skill other than grabbing your opponent and eating them,
Just about. Prey-Prey Martial Art skills, and Predator-Predator Martial art skills, are the only things that really need to be known.

lami wrote:
in RPG terms, every character has 1 hit point, better pump up that dex and put ranks into dodge,
I'd most certainly say that humans have more than 1hp, it's just that inside a stomach you're going through a perpetually damaging system that will not end until you have the consistency of goop.
like i said, they may as well have 1 hitpoint
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:24 pm

If you don't have size, magic or any other natural weapons, how else do you suppose a little possibly survive an encounter with a neko? Physical fighting skills. Think Shadow of the Colossus. Weak spots. Of course a little couldn't exchange blows, but they can catch a larger creature by surprise. That is my defense.

My character Mantis has better luck with this, as he has wings and fairy strength.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:33 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
If you don't have size, magic or any other natural weapons, how else do you suppose a little possibly survive an encounter with a neko?
Nekos, personally, don't seem something that much superior to an average human. So the good ol' "Punch / Kick until they stop moving" technique for those not-so-skilled in diplomacy is always a possibility. Then again, the same holds true for them attacking humans (As I believe only certain types of Nekos possess claws).

Quote :
My character Mantis has better luck with this, as he has wings and fairy strength.
With Faerie strength, one only needs to connect with a single blow to cleave a target in two. If you can lift the equivalent of a 'normal' house when in giant form, and the strength remains constant between sizes, a punch would either gib the opponent or leave them a nice smear.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Now when I say fairy strength, I don't mean superman strength. He is powerful, but he is still weak in some regards. He's half-mausu and half-fairy. Odd combo, but gets him out of the food catogory more often than not.

By the way, I'm not implying that it is normal for a little to be able to go toe-to-toe with a human or neko. They are rather special characters.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Humans do not have 1hp want me to prove it? I am lv.250 and have been upgraded to 2hp!HAHAHAHHAHAH!but I have no magic....
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:
Humans do not have 1hp want me to prove it? I am lv.250 and have been upgraded to 2hp!HAHAHAHHAHAH!but I have no magic....

Haxor
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:36 pm

you bet!
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:
you could have a thousand hitpoints, but once your swallowed by a predator, your probably not getting out, even if you have immunity to acid damage and physical DR, you'll eventualy starve to death, the only combo i can think of is a black half dragon tattoo monk with ocean tatoo, who no longer needs to eat sleep or drink, that still doesnt solve the air problem, but alot of people just assume you have air in a tummy anyway
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:50 am

I believe high level druids don't need to eat anymore. In the very least, they can always create new food and water for themselves. And Acid Protection Scrolls / Amulets aren't that hard to find in some of the Realms.

Though yeah, once you're in a Predator, the whole game becomes exit from then on.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:54 am

Quote :
Though yeah, once you're in a Predator, the whole game becomes exit from then on.

Actually, considering a druid's habit of manipulating biological forces, I think if anyone can get out of a pred it's a druid.
Back to top Go down
zalzas
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
zalzas

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:22 am

Fallen- Ya! Go druids! We rule! Eat me now preds!

Me- Len, your to weak to escape a preds stomach

Fallen- aww man….
Back to top Go down
http://zalzas.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Crisis is a 6/6 naga with the ability to remove up to five 1/1 creatures from the game per turn. There's no way a 1/1 human stands a chance.

But for some reason, littles and humans are both 1/1. It's even. Totally. If Felarya was the next Magic block. Which it isn't.

We can't think about the numbers. Since when have numbers mattered if Felarya? Never. Ask any physicist.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:17 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Crisis is a 6/6 naga with the ability to remove up to five 1/1 creatures from the game per turn. There's no way a 1/1 human stands a chance.

But for some reason, littles and humans are both 1/1. It's even. Totally. If Felarya was the next Magic block. Which it isn't.

We can't think about the numbers. Since when have numbers mattered if Felarya? Never. Ask any physicist.

No idea what you mean about the size thing, but a Human-sized does have a chance to escape. not on their own, yes, but they can escape with magic, items, etc. (Crisis was stated to be special in her stomach's magic resistance)
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Size= higher hp, toughness, or whatever. Except in Magic, where small creatures and large creatures sometimes have similar stats. I had a point there, don't you worry.

Indeed, being in the stomach of something severely limits your options. So your goal is not to end up there. With kung-fu. That's my point.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Ok, will someone please tell me where this whole "nagas have magic-resistant stomachs" thing got started? I just doublechecked the wiki and it says nothing about that.

Succubi have magic-resistant stomachs. Katrika has a magic-resistant stomach(and entire body). But no one has yet given me any decisive proof that nagas have magic-resistant stomachs.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:25 pm

That's what I was thinking, since Crisis' magical ability as of now is to slow her metabolism, or something.

Katrika absorbs magic with her tail, making her special from other nagas and so she can eat all the mages she wants. Except mine.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:32 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Ok, will someone please tell me where this whole "nagas have magic-resistant stomachs" thing got started? I just doublechecked the wiki and it says nothing about that.

Succubi have magic-resistant stomachs. Katrika has a magic-resistant stomach(and entire body). But no one has yet given me any decisive proof that nagas have magic-resistant stomachs.

I may have been mistaken, but I thought Crisis was stated to have a particularly magic resistant stomach.
[EDIT: Not there, but I could of sworn it had been. Ah well, the Wiki changes constantly]

The Naga's having that as a generic power was started because, while not stated to be a common ability when presented in Crisis, it was not claimed to be uncommon either.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Malahite wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:

I may have been mistaken, but I thought Crisis was stated to have a particularly magic resistant stomach.

The Naga's having that as a generic power was started because, while not stated to be a common ability when presented in Crisis, it was not claimed to be uncommon either.
No, in the wiki, I read she simply has a particularly strong stomach. I don't recall reading about magic resistance.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:21 pm

IIRC the nagas stomach contains no SR

Crisis is just strong enough to survive if you drop a grenage in there.

katrika is probably just a high level monk =)
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm

Some things you just cannot put into RPG terms, no matter how hard you try.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Flare wrote:
That is because RPG's can only work as either accurate or balanced, not both.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Malahite wrote:
That is because RPG's can only work as either accurate or balanced, not both.

Agreed.

And to be honest, the only one that'd truly have a good picture as to how their characters can hold up, is the person that made them themselves. They are the ones who know what direction their character'll take, the abilites they'll learn/forget, etc.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Flare wrote:
wasnt me who brand up spell resistance, i just rolled with it
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I had something I felt I had to post.

For my character Alris, which style of martial arts he uses varies upon whichever form he's in.

In his human form, his fighting style is similar to a mixture of mixed martial arts (MMA), Muay Thai kickboxing, and several other martial arts. He relies a lot on his knowledge of the pressure points of his enemies to shut them down, but will not hesitate to deliver a fatal blow to their vital points.

In his human-dragon hybrid form, he relies on the same strategy as his human form, but is more acrobatic and agile.

In the BioMech Armor, his main fighting style is to hit hard and fast utilizing the thruster units in his legs, shoulders, feet, and on his back. He tends to strike with more force than necessary.

Finally, in his dragon form, he uses a more primal form of martial arts. It utilizes the natural weapons on his body, namely the claws, teeth, wings, and tail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmxracerad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Martial Arts   Felarya Martial Arts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Martial Arts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next