Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How you thought up your character

Go down 
+27
mikeimp
Darkfire destiny
L'Ryn
TothinKornoT
Goldclaw
nightgolem
Feadraug
Foxby
A-Eadie
Feign
Sephimink|Kyle
Warrior3000
S-Guy
Vaderaz
/Fish/
Flare
Nyaha
Delicious Kevin
Googlememan
GREGOLE
Pendragon
Raetsu Lord Pichu
DorianTheBlind
Malahite
Mickilla
Shady Knight
zalzas
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Foxby
Tasty morsel

How you thought up your character - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:54 pm

All right, so I have several characters...

The first I came up with was Lara, a lamia (naga). This was far before I discovered dA-- I was roleplaying with my then-girlfriend and we needed an idea for a throwaway character. I dug through Final Fantasy's monster list and came across a Lamia... and so, Lara was made, a fairly generic sort, but she eventually developed a personality as she got dragged along in the little adventure.

Then was Ari; I don't remember what exactly inspired me to create a catgirl. She just showed up one day, I suppose. She started as some chef-type, sexy thing, and I stopped using her for a long time before I reworked her into what she is now.

Then Vixie. I've loved foxes for a long time, and so it seemed natural that I'd have a foxgirl... but I eventually realized that I didn't. So Vixie was created, and her personality was set pretty quickly; a timid, fearful young woman, and very submissive, but able to bake. Well... she just gradually grew to what she is now.

I also have male characters, but nobody cares. =P
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:34 am

Well, it isn't that difficult... Both Kyria and Seelvee were created for Karbo's writing contest, although I never thought I would like these characters as much as I do. Specially Kyria.

Kyria, the mute fairy, came as a way to make something a bit original among the fairies. I wanted to make her a fairy because it was the race I liked the most in Felarya, specially as how mischievous and tricky they can be. Kyria would fit the role perfectly, although the way I was beginning to create her concept didn't make her that different from other fairies.

That's when I looked for fairy locations and saw the Forest of Whispers (a place in Felarya that will constantly appear in future stories of mine) and how the fairies were the responsibles for such whispers. So then I came up with the idea of a mute fairy in a mumbling comunity in this forest. And so Kyria came to be, a lovely, playful and hungry speechless fairy.

Seelvee was created as first just as the 'dryad friend of Kyria', but since I liked her gentle and a bit funny personality, I thought I could give her a bigger role and decided to write a story with her. There's no further mystery about her origins.

Also, there's a third character, another female fairy called Ipswen. She appeared in "Kyria's breakfast", but her name wasn't mentioned... not for nothing, she's quite a minor character.

Last edited by Feadraug on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 am

Bryo Kakos originally was just called the poisonous rose boy, or flower boy. He was at first just an amazing unfinished piece of art. I got tired of it taking so long though and made moving emoticons for him. Hes basically inspired by the unfinished art and his name which means 'bubbling evil'. He wasn't finished yet though. I didn't find out what he was missing until I entered the Felarya forum and role played him a bit. It helped me develop him to the point of being a full fledged character. . That also makes me wonder where the person I was playing with poofed off to though..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your characte   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:40 am

ah. my character mike has has been around in my mind and well....hes basically me*except hes my fictional self* so yeah but with many improvements and also claire was also in my mind when i first read eragon*back in 05* and she's been in my mind ever since along with zeta squad*when i first read S.T.: R.C.: hard contact in 06* but as for de others.....they only came to my mind over the summer of this year.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
TothinKornoT
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Allen came to me from the character of Hannibal Lecter. After seeing him in the movie I thought that creating a character who was crazy and had a horrible past would make a character who people would be sympathetic towards (much like Hannibal Lecter). Also I wanted a character who was pyschic. A tribute to another pyscho who influenced the creation of Allen: Pyscho Mantis.

I was kinda afraid about using Allen though. For me he resembled too much like pyscho mantis. I felt that Allen was just a cheap knock off of Pyscho mantis. So I armed him with two large human sized dolls (one representing each parent) and (what I hope) an Opedius Complex from his father.

The story itself is not over (there is alot more action coming!) and it on deviant art Felarya and the Pyscho
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Raison and D'etre were two people in my dreams, and I wrote up the first story with them based on the dream, however. I didn't realize the pun of their names until I was halfway through.

Silla, another character who will pop up very soon, came out of the idea of 'What would happen when you give a neko a katana?'
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:03 am

Renee originated as a char from an RP I played. Her end was being betrayed and hurled through a portal and I had a to make a new char. I decided the portal ended on felareya.

Kyrii kinda formed when I wrote my first story about her. I originally had her idea as having Black hair and fur pale skin and silver eye's. She turned out the way she did cause my original I made too EMO

Kayrissa Kinda came into mind when I wanted to make a naga. I had no real plan in mind just to make her dark and evil cause most Naga's seemed friendly.

Lily evolved from my love of elfien lied and kinda just took her own light.
Back to top Go down
http://g-cat.deviantart.com/
DorianTheBlind
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
DorianTheBlind

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:15 am

Dorian came from one of my RPC's on another site

Faelaris has more of a backstory since he's actually the son of two of my other characters from my flash fiction series.
Back to top Go down
http://drac116.deviantart.com/
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 am

I got Masurao Ketsuiki from a Naruto Roleplaying site on IMVU. Mordal Strideer came from playing Knights of the Old Republic. Solomon Sharkbane came from playing Pirates of The Burning Sea. Rua was based off of a character in a book I'm writing who is a shape shifting half-elf.
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 am

Looks pretty dead, but anyway...

Hansel was spawned when I read old complaints in the RP section, from Malahite, I think, that they needed smarter bad guys in Felarya. From there, I started working on a smug jerk. I'd just seen Die Hard I, and you know... it really left an impression on me. I felt Bruce Willis would be able to DESTROY Sean Connery any day, and if his foes had been as smart as Hans Grueber... I started with Hans Grueber himself, feeling that something would have to be tweaked. If he's so smart, what's he doing in Felarya? I needed him to be unable to dodge the situation. Also I needed him to be completely comprehensible, no greater than you nor I, but at the same time unique. So he couldn't be a wizard. I settled for half-demon, from a really wussy circle of Hell. One no worse than Los Angeles. That'd explain how could someone so smart place so little value on life without making him a fanatic or anything that could degrade anyone's perception on his intelligence.

But by then, I had thought there couldn't be enough vore; I only had six characters and it was going to be LOOONG with him, so I added Kaede, a nemesis with a penchant for being just random, and an attitude that betrays her feeling of invincibility... something that you could forgive, if it weren't that she's right most of the time. She'd let me put Hansel in any scenario. So she's more of a tool than a character.

I thought first about giving him thirteen demons for sidekicks, then I decided that would've made him redundant. So I started working on five guys to accompany him. I started with the standard party: fighter, rogue, wizard, cleric, bard. But then I realized I'd never understood what a cleric is, fighters are mostly useless, and wizards are just way too weird. So I decided to try making a party better suited to Felarya, through Hansel's lenses and using the wiki. So I came up with the following party: meatshield/warrior, mage, gunner, guide, bait.

The meatshield was easy: buff guys are dime a dozen. I started with Rehsams, he was the easiest to make since he has close to zero personality, though he slowly took form before my eyes. Then Trish started taking form as I wrote. I first didn't know what was I up to, but before I knew it, that person who had just insulted Hansel and deconstructed the meatshield had turned before my eyes into a bitter, cynical, powerful sorceress who'd nevertheless know greatness when she saw it.

I thought Joey was a given. If you attract attention, like Hansel did, you WILL have a Joey in your team. The man who's in it for obscure and unbelievable reasons, but in the end, it will, like everything else, bite you in the ass. Then I gave Joey as much Deadpool as possible: I made him snarky, supremely competent, and supremely confident, in par with Trish herself. The kind of person who you'll learn to fear.

And then Will. There wasn't enough cute in the group, so I added him to balance things out, and because I thought that Hansel WOULD hire a little crazy fella who'd do whatever he was told. I still needed a guide, but I couldn't think of one: Tandy's a remake of an earlier character. A catboy robot construction worker. Only here I gave him a new personality. He was awfully quick to anger, but just as quick to forgive, and I put the best of me in him. Because I'm just smug like that: he's got common sense and the ability to stop whatever he's doing. Two important traits that have gotten me so far.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:08 am

Overlord Jermod was actially a character in a story I was writting long ago that had him as a Detective instead of an Overlord of a netherworld. Although he was still a rabbit demon albeit he wore a hat to hide his ears. Eventually I kinda scrapped the story and massively overhauled Jermod's design turning him into the bunny overlord you see now (well if you read Heavy Felary anyways...)

Slipper was actually inspired by a request someone gave me, saying they wanted Overlord Jermod genderbent to look like a 'sexy genie' (Yeah I dunno either >_>). Eventually, I told myself, since everyone else seems to have a female counterpart why don't I make one. So I drew up Slipper, making her out to be a clone of Jermod, that was originally supposed to be male but an accident not only turned the clone female...but made her a bit...slow. A foil to Overlord Jermod who is rather intelligent despite being lazy.

Terrance isn't really that original of an idea being he's heavily based off of a Skull Mage from Disgaea 2 (in design anyway), her personality belonged to a character named Gomuru Sasazaki who was used in Jermod's earlier story. Although the only difference is that Gomuru could stretch and Terrance...well, can't.
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 am

my characters came up from nowhere. I like middle earth so I wanted an elf from there. I found felarya's irc before the forum and expanded him a little more, and called him an archmage for the hell of it, but now it's become something more Very Happy

for mara i just thought it be nice to know a fairy. same for janev, being my giant naga.

most of my characters were designed in the irc a year ago, this was before i knew there was a wiki or a forum or anything. seevlyne, serathine (my alchemist half elf), erethriel (angel), and Uæ (mermaid) were all after i joined the forum. I never took any of my ideas from movies (except for the lotr inspiration).
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, I thought up Robin and his family a LONG time ago, like when I was 8... I wanted a character for various crossovers I liked. The idea took root, and after 10 years I've retconned the hell out of the poor fellow...

As for the rest of my characters, the ones with "superpowers" all were inspired by a sprite comic my brother and I were doing for a while called SDDF. The sentient parasite I'll be using in my first few stories came straight out of my ass, though.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 am

Wow, someone revived this thread? Anyway, I remember I put how I created Kyria and Seelvee and even mentioned a minor character, Ipswen... But Ipswen - the basketball-player-like fairy xD - will have to wait a LONG time, since as this has been resurrected, it's time to talk of my actual third character.

You all know that Kyria and Seelvee "were born" due to Karbo's writing contest, how I wanted a mute fairy in the Forest of Whispers (only difference about Kyria is that I liked her a lot back then and now I'm also scared of her) and Seelvee was just a stereotypical dryad with photosynthesis and a bit mischevous side... but for Nanda, it's a bit of a different story.

As some of you might know, Nanda didn't come to be how she is at first. She was first going to be a very sadistic dridder called Malicia, but there were some things that made me think of remaking her:
1) She was too scary, sadistic and violent for Felarya.
2) I got informative feedback about she been one of the biggest stereotypes among dridders.
3) She was an awful character, let's admit it. xD

So that's why I had to think of something different for a dridder. And I got it. A scout dridder travelling all around Felarya, always exploring, always eager to learn something new in her little quests... and with a very good taste sense to know where her preys come from. Also, I made her a weakling to balance her.

And, her name, Nanda, comes from Fernanda (a name with German roots and that means "smart, brave" and I also think it said "adventurous" or the like... something I think fits her new self). Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

I didn't ever notice this post...

Oh, well. Here we go:
The apparently non-interesting origins of nksrocks's characters.

Siva: my first felaryan character... originally created with the infamous name "the naga who chews". Yeah, that was the basic concept. Her design simply came out scrapping randomly while at work (practicing gore scenes. The one of her biting and pulling out the intestines of a poor victim became quite famous on the old DA account) , and practically remained unchanged through the years. I worked on her day by day, thinkin' about her "specimen" origins and coming out with more appropriate details while I crafted the story in my mind. (Like... at first she was meant to be a normal fire naga with a bad habit. When I imagined her inprisonment in the caves, she became an albino naga, and so on...)
Actual condition of Siva: dead.

Azrah: quotes-filled parodistic character created coldly for: being an avatar character, for bullying purposes and experimentation. Original inspiration: (at least for the appearance: me.) I needed someone to be the constant victim for the story. Don't know how, he became quite a badass character while thinkin' about Kinassiah and the death's part of Siva stories. Until I naga-ized him.
Actual condition of Azrah Azarah: near death.

Quetzal: At first created as a prototype for a race... "wow, I'll add wings to nagas, make them even more badass and add even some thunder spells! Haha! Stop me now!" ...total crap. The daring act of a beginner.
then I discovered that the "winged naga" idea had already like... three posts or more. Almost discarded the idea but then kept her as a character, creating the world Kinassiah and its hierarchy just for her. She became the most appreciated among my characters... not bad, Sparky.
Actual condition of Quetzal: I don't know. Worried, maybe?

Cassandra: Thinkin' about the villain for the first chapters, it came in my mind a scene with Azrah pointing at a death comrade yelling "BIATCH!!!". That's how it started. She is the result of a mere insult. Boo.
Actual condition of Cassandra: fooling around with Grave. Still a erotic biatch

Annie Firestar: character created only for pornographic recreational purposes. Reptillian gave me the input with a comment for the "uh-oh, no panties" idea.
I alwais wanted to create a sci-fi character in a fantasy world. Reading about the Miratan army base gave me the motivation.
Actual condition of Annie: I don't know, but I bet she's naked
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:56 am

nks....rocks....

wow thats a lot of characters XP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you thought up your character   How you thought up your character - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How you thought up your character
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2