Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie RP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Working on a project I want to see take off. It's a full scale zombie RP forum. Here's a link to it. Criticism of the constructive variety is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://darkshot2600.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:06 pm

Ah, the typical "Military was unable to handle slow-moving targets" scenario. This seems like it would be a scenario best modified to a lone continent / land mass, if you don't mind me saying so.

Looks very detailed, though, and you have already answered most of my questions with the site. May join it, when done.
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Well, it's not that the military can't handle slow moving targets, it's that we rely so much on weaponry that wouldn't do crap against zombies. The military's most powerful weapons are explosives. Shrapnel rarely hits the head, which is why the military would be screwed. Even the massive shockwaves that liquify internal organs have little effect on the congealed bodily fluids of a zombie.

Also, if this ever could happen, people would run first to any government building they could find. Even the bitten people.

(I take Max Brook's lessons to heart.)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:51 am

darkshot2600 wrote:
Well, it's not that the military can't handle slow moving targets, it's that we rely so much on weaponry that wouldn't do crap against zombies.
Standard Marine squad is armed with something like 7.62mm rifles, if I'm not mistaken. Once the first report comes in that "Shooting them in the head is the only way", they'd be able to recover quickly. Feth, most fireteams have a man-portable .50cal equivalent if I'm not mistaken. Even if it's accuracy will be poor for taking out the head, firing it at knee-level and you'll be slowing the zombies even more to the point that taking headshots is almost as easy as hitting fish in a barrel.

Quote :
he military's most powerful weapons are explosives.
Which, if they blow apart the body, still leaves only the head capable of doing something. Plus the fact that any bones pulverized to dust would be unable to be used by the zombie.

Quote :
Shrapnel rarely hits the head, which is why the military would be screwed.
Focusing too heavily on explosives. There's a whole slew of solid-slug weapons on soldiers. Similarly, any military Incendiary Device in use would work wonders.

Quote :
Even the massive shockwaves that liquify internal organs have little effect on the congealed bodily fluids of a zombie.
The brain is an internal organ, though even if it remains intact there's the whole 'our bones are jelly now' problem.

Quote :
Also, if this ever could happen, people would run first to any government building they could find. Even the bitten people.
And the military would not only quarantine quickly, but would also have more than one central organized point. Carpet bombing with incendiary devices in a city would quickly reduce the zombies to piles of ash and bone, while properly equipped fire-teams could search out any other victims.

Quote :
(I take Max Brook's lessons to heart.)
While some of his points were good, a good deal more weren't. The Military, one must realize, is most often portrayed as horribly incompetent in most forms of media (Beyond named characters). Only within the past year or so (With things like Transformers and Cloverfield) have they been portrayed to use things such as proper tactics.

Though since you want your RP this way, well... fine by me.

Again, it is very well developed. Similarly, it's not like the whole world collapsed. Places like Hawaii, Australia, and several other places are probably at least intact.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:07 am

It's a 5.56 round to be exact. And most fireteams biggest weapon would be a 7.62mm SAW.

Other then that, I'd pretty much echo Mal's words.
Back to top Go down
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:27 pm

Thank you for that. I know nothing of firearms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie RP   Zombie RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie RP
Page 1 of 1