Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie apocolypse

Go down 
+6
Haar
Malahite
GREGOLE
mikeimp
/Fish/
Sean W
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:28 pm

This is partly because I'm kind of on a Zombie-Game kick as of late (a-la Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead), but...

I got to thnking...most felaryan predators get sustinace from humans and humanoid creatures... so what do you think would happen if the zombie apocolypse made its way to Felarya? Would Felaryans still be able to eat them? would they tast differently? Could they too become zombies? How many zombies could it take to bring down a giant predator? Could a hoard of zombies pull it off?

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:07 pm

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Magic#Necromancy

Coupled with the fact that diseases, including zombie apocalypse-causing ones, wouldn't work either (no chance of infection), I think that any brought into Felarya would succumb to the voracious inhabitants anyway, even if they aren't pallatable- carnivorous plants and non-sentient predators will eat them just the same as any living creature without any zombification effects. Maybe a stomach-ache, but that's probably the extent of the damage they'll cause.

Sentient predators would quickly realize that they aren't tasteful and either start smiting the nasty little buggers or simply avoiding them. With rapidly declining numbers spread over the immensity of Felarya, the threat of a zombie invasion can be put to rest surprisingly fast.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:33 pm

All I know is, if thousands of Super Heroes couldn't control a zombie infestation, who could? I'm referring to Marvel Zombies, by the way. All it took ose one zombie super hero, and BAM! a whole universe is taken over by zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Marvel Zombies was more parody than anything. It wasn't trying to be logical - if anything, it was going out of its way to be ILlogical.

Fish had it prettymuch down.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Unless it's a non-necromancy induced Magical Plague, Fish nailed it. If magically induced, does it affect predators? If so, then things could quickly turn sour... for creatures that can't become ethereal / immune to non-magic weapons. Guardians might not need to step in, but the casualty list will be greater than all other scenarios. A few predators might be starved as their food sources become inedible, some villages may be wiped off the map, etc, but still survivable.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:18 pm

*An unmarked black van with tinted windows pulls up beside Sean W. Two large men in black suits and sunglasses grab Sean W and forcefully toss him inside the van.*

We are the Spelling Police. You have committed a major offense. It is spelled 'Apocalypse', not 'Apocolypse'. We will now beat the crap out of you until your spelling improves.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Depends if the zombies could turn their eaters into zombies or if they have weapons that can zombify them. If not, the zombies are owned. If yes, well... they still won't win because of the guardians. But there WILL be lots of death.
Back to top Go down
http://0332288.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 pm

0332288 wrote:
Depends if the zombies could turn their eaters into zombies or if they have weapons that can zombify them. If not, the zombies are owned. If yes, well... they still won't win because of the guardians. But there WILL be lots of death.
No matter the process they use Felarya soil prevent from any kind possibilities to turn someone into a zombie
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
0332288 wrote:
No matter the process they use Felarya soil prevent from any kind possibilities to turn someone into a zombie
Not necessarily. Parasites are still allowed to work, so parasite-induced zombie-ism is still possible. Similarly, non-necromancy magical 'diseases' may be able to work.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Malahite wrote:
Not necessarily. Parasites are still allowed to work, so parasite-induced zombie-ism is still possible. Similarly, non-necromancy magical 'diseases' may be able to work.
I see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Tanya would use her vampiric powers to take control of the whole hoard and rule Felarya!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Well damn, I was gonna ask about the whole "No more room in hell" bit and how that would work, but I have a feeling there'd be something else to counteract that. (One word, succu-fuckin'-bi)
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:24 am

Sean W wrote:
Well damn, I was gonna ask about the whole "No more room in hell" bit and how that would work, but I have a feeling there'd be something else to counteract that. (One word, succu-fuckin'-bi)

Actually that leads to another interesting question. If succubi like Menyssan don't digest the souls of the Damned-where do they go? Is she ever full?

I did actually ask her. She smiled and said "Want to find out?" and drololed a little.

I made a quick exit at this point!
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:14 pm

From Karbo's story "Succubus at Work", it seems they do digest the souls. But back to the zombi bit: it would have to be a spreadable curse, since there is at least one undead which was created in Felarya (the undead Cerebus in the mysterious temple). I think that diseases simply are nullified...was the issue of magical forms of disease ever cleared up?
Back to top Go down

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Well if you do the math, rotting decaying flesh is notorious for burning very easily(I haven't tried it myself, though I once did smell a dead thing decaying, and let me tell you... I was sick for a week), so any fire user or firebased creature would be very protected(until they ran out of mana Razz)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Not quite. Burning zombies can still move for some time, unless you're hitting them with some excessively hot (white?) flames. And I doubt you'd like a hug from such a thing.

Though this would be a good idea to make sure of no further infection. Nuclear Firestorm is my favorite version of a flaming attack. Second is Donut.
Back to top Go down

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't know why I'm posting in this... I'm deathly afraid of viral zombies... I mean they literally scare me to death(I had a heart attack playing Resident evil once)

However, another idea would be simply this, blow a hole in their heads, and burn the corpses.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:49 am

Or if they were the zombies from Dead Space, which is a fantastic Sci-Fi/Horror game i recently bought, you could cut off their limbs and they would die. Also speaking of Zombies, if anyone plays Call of Duty 5, make sure to play Nazi Zombies after you beat the campain mode. That challenge is wicked 0.o
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Viral Zombies are zombies created by viruses right? If so then it would only take some sort of antidote/cure to get rid of the zombies. Magic-caused zombies perhaps? Like if a wizard tried to turn someone into a mindless slave but the spell went wrong or something?
Back to top Go down
http://0332288.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Zombie apocolypse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie apocolypse   Zombie apocolypse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie apocolypse
Page 1 of 1