Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread

Go down 
+2
Malahite
dlausactor6373
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 pm

I don't know if anyone knows about the new Final Fantasy game that will be released on PSP. It's called Dissidia: Final Fantasy and is made to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy. It appears to be an RPG/fighting game allowing you to play as different Final Fantasy heroes and villains. Here are the characters that have already been confirmed:

Final Fantasy-Warrior of Light, Garland
Final Fantasy II-Firion, Emperor Palamecia
Final Fantasy III-Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness
Final Fantasy IV-Cecil, Golbez
Final Fantasy V-Bartz(?), Exdeath
Final Fantasy VI-Terra(?), Kefka!!!
Final Fantasy VII-Cloud Strife(?), Sephy!!!
Final Fantasy VIII-Squall Leonhart, Ultimecia
Final Fantasy IX-Zidane Tribal, Kuja
Final Fantasy X-Tidus, Jecht

I know there will be more than this. Who would you want to see in this game?

EDIT-Updated list with confirmed characters for III, V, VI, and X!

Last edited by dlausactor6373 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Bring in some of the FFT characters. They get too little attention.

Actually, scratch that. St. Ajora is the only one who could handle the power curve between Lion War Ivalice and the rest of the FF realms).
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Zidane is playable! YESSSSSS!!!Dude I own the original final fantasy nine for the ps1 zidane is soooo awesome, plus he has a tail.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Zidane looked like a girl to me. But, then again, almost everyone in Final Fantasy looks like a girl.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:10 am

Argh. Where is Cecil? Where is Terra? WHAR BE KEFKA?! WHere's Rydia and all the rest of the underrated FF characters?

Have they forgotten the classics which shaped my childhood and made their way onto my emulator via a legal process until one of the roms glitched to a point where it froze when i was helping the seemingly brainwashed king fight engine tentacles in a world that sucked after being laser pwned by the evil dictator who was once a dragon but became the big bad after the power of the gods of the espers started listening to him and he kicked the supposed big bad's arse by throwing him off of a floating continent?!?

*pants*

*pants*

I'm looking forward to it either way.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 am

I agree with Pen. Where the hell is the Greatest Generation of FF characters?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:01 am

Pendragon wrote:
Argh. Where is Cecil? Where is Terra? WHAR BE KEFKA?! WHere's Rydia and all the rest of the underrated FF characters?
Ignored for the sake of all the numbered FF games from VII up, as that's where the majority of the characters SE focus' on will continue to be from.
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:52 am

No Cecil? Celes? Terra? No Kefka? (Best. Evil Laugh. Ever.) Locke (a Gentleman Th-, er, "Treasure Hunter" if I ever saw one)? Shadow? No Palom and Porom (the best, and damn near only, pair of Yin-Yang Team Twins to exist in a CRPG)? Yang? Edward, the source of the term "Spoony Bard"? What about Faris and Galuf? Or maybe Bikke, the pirate who doesn't do much of anything beyond scaring an otherwise-sleepy port town until you come along, kick his (crew's collective) rear, and take his ship?

I'm sorry, but these characters made Final Fantasy famous long before Cloud and his overgrown phallic cleaver and that godforsaken uber-bish Sephiroth ever decided to show their mugs and Mind Screw us to HFIL and back.

If Square-Enix wants to ignore the characters that made them famous, that I freakin' grew up with... well, they can count on me ignoring their game. Pen, chalk me up as another person agreeing with you.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:09 am

Like I said, this is only the first batch of characters to be confirmed. I, for one, believe they must make Kefka a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:20 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:
I, for one, believe they must make Kefka a part of it.
Amen to that. Kefka must live again!
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:36 am

Here's the first trailer.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy Trailer
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am

Woo, if the description of that video is to be believed, Kefka has been confirmed. Here's hoping Terra or Celes get confirmed as the Heroine of FF6.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 am

Well, that's still just a rumor. The others have proof that they are in the game. The WoL, Garland, Firion, Kuja, Zidane, and of course Sephy are seen in the trailer and the others are seen in some early screenshots.

EDIT-Ah, I see it now. So, I guess it's official, Kefka is indeed confirmed, as well as Jecht from FFX.
Pictures from what looks like some sort of poster
Full view of the poster

Last edited by dlausactor6373 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:13 pm

The music from that trailer, for some reason, made me think of how a Felarya RPG/fighting game would look in this style. I could see Sephy in it as a super-secret unlockable human character.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Isn't this the same as Ergheiz (Or however the hell you spell it)?

And seriously, it seems they're throwing away the power of characters to make the game 'balanced'. Kefka was all but in name a God.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm

No. That game only used characters from VII. This one will use characters from all the mainstream games up to X. And, I haven't found any details on how powerful the characters will be ingame, but I do know that Ehrgeiz really toned down the power on the VII characters, especially Sephy. His power is supposed to be close to that of a god, like Kefka.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:49 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:

EDIT-Ah, I see it now. So, I guess it's official, Kefka is indeed confirmed, as well as Jecht from FFX.
Pictures from what looks like some sort of poster
Full view of the poster

If such is indeed true, I'm buying it for my PSP. Absolutely no doubt.

Oh, and if I may interject this as well;

WOOHOO!

*dances in a retarded fashion*
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Here's the most recent trailer. Finally we get to see footage of Kefka and in-game footage of Sephy!

New Trailer

They had better cast Mark Hamill as Kefka in the English dub! His Joker laugh is one of few that can fit the part!
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:07 am

I found a subbed version of the new trailer and Kefka said something about an "important friend" of his. Could that mean Terra, possibly? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 am

Oh, if Terra is in the game, you can bet I'm gonna buy it. She's my favorite of the FF women. (even better than Aeris imo)
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:21 am

Here's the newest and biggest trailer from the Tokyo Game Show!

TGS Trailer
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Behold! The Japanese release of Dissidia occured on 12/18/08!

And behold; the fall of your precious One Winged Angel, the battle to end all battles:

KEFKA VS. SEPHIROTH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread   The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Unofficial Dissidia: Final Fantasy Thread
Page 1 of 1