Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congrats Karbo

Go down 
+12
xThunder
Pendragon
MukatKiKaarn
Cupnoodle
Rythmear
trh7323
Feadraug
Karbo
Ravana3k
Zoekin
R.J
Mentalguy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Well, technically, Crisis is only 75 inches from Head to ground. Everything else of Felarya is just reallly short.

EDIT: The statement of this is the Wiki, placing her at 75" instead of 75'.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:57 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :
no, the panel is pretty consistant with itself.

any time theres something else in the picture its always the correct scale, any time crisis appears smaller in another picture, theres actualy nothing to hint at size relation.

No, on panel one, second image, we see Crisis looming in front of a shocked man. She only appears to be about eight times his height, which would put her at fifty feet.
and that drawing is consistant with all the other drawings in the bio, you only need to look as far as the last panel, theres a girl sitting on crisis's shoulder around the same exact size, the 3rd pannel is tricky, but with a face around the same size as a hand, it looks pretty consistant,
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Quote :
and that drawing is consistant with all the other drawings in the bio, you only need to look as far as the last panel, theres a girl sitting on crisis's shoulder around the same exact size

It's difficult to spot at first, but no, she looks smaller in the first panel. She's about right in the last one, with Lea, but the first one is indeed smaller than normal.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:01 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :
and that drawing is consistant with all the other drawings in the bio, you only need to look as far as the last panel, theres a girl sitting on crisis's shoulder around the same exact size

It's difficult to spot at first, but no, she looks smaller in the first panel. She's about right in the last one, with Lea, but the first one is indeed smaller than normal.

no they are the same size, and lea is oversized acording to your chart, she shouldnt even be the size of crisis's face. but infact smaller than her eye.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Quote :
no they are the same size, and lea is oversized acording to your chart, she shouldnt even be the size of crisis's face. but infact smaller than her eye.

Friendly Crisis

Crisis is definitely more than eight times Lea's height in this one.

And... is this off-topic nor not? I mean, we've been talking about her size from the start, but still...
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:13 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Friendly Crisis

Crisis is definitely more than eight times Lea's height in this one.

And... is this off-topic nor not? I mean, we've been talking about her size from the start, but still...

its the same picture, and actualy, shes slightly under eight, use the arm in the foreground to measure her, we know the relation of her forearms to her torso and they are both in the same general distance,
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Quote :
its the same picture, and actualy, shes slightly under eight, use the arm in the foreground to measure her, we know the relation of her forearms to her torso and they are both in the same general distance,

Mmmmmmm.... debateable. Regardless, Crisis is statistically more than eight times an ordinary human's height. To be specific, Crisis is supposed to be 12.5 times the height of an average man.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:24 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Mmmmmmm.... debateable. Regardless, Crisis is statistically more than eight times an ordinary human's height. To be specific, Crisis is supposed to be 12.5 times the height of an average man.

Oh! That's a relief.

I thought she was 100 ft. tall. That would make her over 15-20 humans high.

I did a height comparison hypothesis once on another subject like this. It was to see how tall my mech (in my ava) was. I found out that there were many height interpetations on it.

My mech is about 30-40 ft. tall, which means two things:

1. He can crush a car under his foot.

2. He's about a few stories short of Crisis (thus, she won't try to eat me or him)

Sometimes, sizes can get mixed up and misinterpreted.

Sometimes.he's only twice the size of a car. Other times, he can crush a Greyhound bus in his grip!

But, like with Crisis, we can all agree that they are REALLY big and will stomp us if we're not careful.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:49 pm

WE must also remember length above all else. Remember that much of a Naga's length will be proportionally equal to her body, making her much larger than she appears.

*turns into Yoda*

Three dimensions we must use... yeeeesss.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
WE must also remember length above all else. Remember that much of a Naga's length will be proportionally equal to her body, making her much larger than she appears.

*turns into Yoda*

Three dimensions we must use... yeeeesss.
thats a big problem i had with felaryas measurements, the hight of a naga from the parts touching the ground to the top of the head is not very usefull, what you need is full length, full length/3 is how yu determain striking distance for a snake,
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:31 pm

Really it doesn't matter when it comes down to something like vore - if their prey is bitesized, comparison of the predators isn't something the prey will be thinking about.
Back to top Go down
xThunder
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 pm

oh my I've gone and made a mess didnt I. but hey I agree with rythmear on this one you dont think that much about size diffs when your said creatures lunch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Really it doesn't matter when it comes down to something like vore - if their prey is bitesized, comparison of the predators isn't something the prey will be thinking about.

That's a good point.

It also scares me, though. Crisis is pretty voracious, and she's part snake. Can't they unhinge their jaws to eat more? (I saw it in a Felaryan comic once. They shrunk her down to human size, but she still ate a guy whole)

I hope that's untrue, or else the even bigger preds will be screwed too.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:41 am

Pendragon wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

That's a good point.

It also scares me, though. Crisis is pretty voracious, and she's part snake. Can't they unhinge their jaws to eat more? (I saw it in a Felaryan comic once. They shrunk her down to human size, but she still ate a guy whole)

I cant remember if that picture tifalover did was fanart or a collab/exchange, karbo dosent really like the whole strechy thing from what I've heard, so you might not consider it cannonical that she can do that.

being part snake though, it wouldnt be a strech of the immagination as youve said. jopsephina can do it.

Quote :
Aki: youll have to forgive me, when it comes to predators i tend to think in detail, because its usualy helped me not get eaten Razz
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:22 am

lami wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

That's a good point.

I cant remember if that picture tifalover did was fanart or a collab/exchange, karbo dosent really like the whole strechy thing from what I've heard, so you might not consider it cannonical that she can do that.

being part snake though, it wouldnt be a strech of the immagination as youve said. jopsephina can do it.

Quote :
Aki: youll have to forgive me, when it comes to predators i tend to think in detail, because its usualy helped me not get eaten Razz

Yeah, but being part snake means they also don't have visible arses - so what happens to the remains?

Actually don't answer that - I don't really want to know, I was just being difficult.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 pm

Rythmear wrote:
lami wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

That's a good point.

Quote :

Yeah, but being part snake means they also don't have visible arses - so what happens to the remains?

Actually don't answer that - I don't really want to know, I was just being difficult.

the calorie thread discusses that they might be 99.9% efficient in digesting food, there might not be remains, but who knows for sure huh?
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Uh... it comes out the same way it comes out of a snake. How hard's that to figure out?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Uh... it comes out the same way it comes out of a snake. How hard's that to figure out?

Follow a Naga for 24 hours without being eaten, chased away, or down right insane and then we'll determine the difficulting of studying Naga's in the wild.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Quote :
Follow a Naga for 24 hours without being eaten, chased away, or down right insane and then we'll determine the difficulting of studying Naga's in the wild.

But... it's obvious where it comes out... Why would anyone need to study them? It's just common sense!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:16 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

But... it's obvious where it comes out... Why would anyone need to study them? It's just common sense!

Aye, but there's magic. And where there's magic, it's often a good idea to throw common sense right out the window.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Quote :
Aye, but there's magic. And where there's magic, it's often a good idea to throw common sense right out the window.

I abhore that outlook. Nagas are capable of magic, yes, but there's nothing saying that they have any inherent magical properties that humans don't. Magic may have created them and magical potential may be present in them, but there's no reason to believe that magic prevents them from being subject to the laws of biology.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:28 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

I abhore that outlook. Nagas are capable of magic, yes, but there's nothing saying that they have any inherent magical properties that humans don't. Magic may have created them and magical potential may be present in them, but there's no reason to believe that magic prevents them from being subject to the laws of biology.

dude, magic can do anything, thats why its magic.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Quote :

1. No it can't. It can't break the laws of the universe. Bend them by exploiting a loophole, perhaps, but not break them.

2. Just because it can do it doesn't mean it has any reason to. Biological process alone can create a creature that produces no waste, but so far we know no such creature.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:21 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

1. No it can't. It can't break the laws of the universe. Bend them by exploiting a loophole, perhaps, but not break them.

2. Just because it can do it doesn't mean it has any reason to. Biological process alone can create a creature that produces no waste, but so far we know no such creature.

the existance of magic already breaks the laws of the universe, thats why it dosent exist,
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Quote :
the existance of magic already breaks the laws of the universe, thats why it dosent exist,

If we're going to go to the trouble of explaining everything else, we may as well explain magic.
It's very simple. Most takes on magic describe it as a form of psionic hold over reality, that can be used in a number of way. There's nothing impossible about magic, as it's simply a form of psionic ability.

In that sense, it is limited by the laws of the universe.
One cannot defy the laws of physics. In order to do so, one must find a catalyst that allows the laws of physics to be bent. This is dimensional magic, etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats Karbo   Congrats Karbo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congrats Karbo
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next