Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An infectious little game.

Go down 
+5
ZionAtriedes
S-Guy
Feign
dlausactor6373
Flare
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

An infectious little game. Empty
PostSubject: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:25 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/448950

Just click on "Play this Game" and get infecting!

Just watch out for Madagascar. They can play Turtle quite well, and quite fast.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm

I did it, but only when Madagascar was the starting nation. They get paranoid pretty easily. The best way to infect the other nations is to take things real slow. Make it seem like the disease is just another cold virus. The best one to have from the start is a fever because it's hardly noticeable at all.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 pm

I just turned off all symptoms and let my little sickness brew for a bit before letting it loose.

And I killed off humanaty with a little virus called "Stupidity", it shut down nearly everything before a cure was devoloped.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Flare wrote:
I just turned off all symptoms and let my little sickness brew for a bit before letting it loose.

And I killed off humanaty with a little virus called "Stupidity", it shut down nearly everything before a cure was devoloped.
Hehe, nice... Parasite, no symptoms and loooots of patience to reach 89+ evolution points and skip all the symptoms straight to necrosis and hemmoraging! MUAHAHA! bonus if you can get Insanity in there too... Then it's zombies!

Also helps that when you unlock a new tier, you have a random chance of grabbing symptoms from that tier... So it's best to do it all at once, and get lucky. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:54 pm

"You killed the entire world!"
"Hyuk Hyuk."
A cookie for whoever can tell me where that's from. Question
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:48 am

Bacteria Z-301 started out as a simple fever-inducing little sickness spread by mosquitos. It soon mutated and spread through the water, rapidly infecting all of Argentina. However, it soon lost its fever-inducing tendencies and became invisible. Over time, it grew more durable and more easily-spread.

Within months, it had spread across the entire world. The only country that managed to avoid infection was FREAKING MADAGASCAR. Awareness began to spread, though it remained harmless. Fear grew because of how rapidly it spread. By the time the vaccine was begun, everyone but Madagascar was completely infected, but none had died. Scientists predicted the worst...

THEN THE HORRIBLE MUTATION BEGAN. It started with the coughing as the bacteria aggravated the trachea. It soon began attacking the lungs, causing them to swell. Fevers broke out, and intense sweating. Over time, sores on the neck and chest began to open up. Hypersensitivity set in as the immune system was whacked when the lymph nodes started failing.

In the end, all died except the quarantined Madagascar, and a group of 90 survivors in East Europe, the only recipients of the vaccine.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:59 am

The horror.

The horror.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:15 am

"We believe this bug 'Nephanis' is perfectly benign in the human body while alive and is not feed on the body in any way. The complications all begin when these microscopic parasites die. They seem to congregate at the base of the brainstem during their stay in the human body to feed on the various endochromes that are generated there. They can live outside the body in either an airborne or waterborne stasis, and have been spreading over the past two months unnoticed."

"When the Nephanis parasite dies, however, its waste by products flood the medulla oblongata, causing irreversible blindness, insanity, disorientation, hemorrhaging, and swelling within the brain... All within a matter of hours. After the victim dies, surviving parasites exit the body into the atmosphere within a matter of minutes... Unless the bodies are burned within minutes of death, there is no effect on the spread of the disease. Any cure that we have formulated obviously only results in the death of the bug and the immediate insanity and eventual death of the patient."

"Unlike many parasites, Nephanis reproduses once in it's lifetime in large blooms more akin to algae reproduction. Also, the lifespan and activity of each generation of Nephanis are accelerated compared to the previous generations. The current generation, we believe to be roughly the twentieth bloom, which only has a total lifespan of five days, while the first bloom has a life span of over two months. Due to these conditions, it is imperative to close all transportation with the outside world before the Nepha- ...Oh god... I... I can't see."

*static mixed with screams, moans and laughter.*

Eastern Europe, Madagascar, and Argentina were the only survivors. No survivors in infected territories, No cure ever formulated. The parasite burned itself out less than two months after symptoms began, and less than four months past it's introduction.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 am

Swelling of the brain? scratch
Well I suppose I'm safe then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 am

S-Guy wrote:
Swelling of the brain? scratch
Well I suppose I'm safe then. Very Happy
Heh, maybe, but the blindness, and insanity are the first symptoms I gave it. Playing on the Advanced settings, I got riots in every infected country within a week of the mutation.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

Blindness, no...I'm still gonna get hit by that. sobsob
But...Insanity? I'm already insane. Just not to the point that it's dangerous. XD
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Well, am I the only one here who thinks it's amusing the Catgirl Nympomania was expected?
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Interesting game. Very Happy I played it on the easier difficulty, just to get a feel for it. I'm glad I did, because I wound up making some pretty dumb mistakes- I didn't realize you have to pay to remove symptoms, I thought that you sold them for extra points. Razz Despite that, it was pretty fun. I think I'm ready to play for real now. Wink

First time through, my benign little bacteria started off in Canada, which meant that it took a while for it to spread. I kept working on that, though, and by the time anybody even noticed it existed, it was already in every nation and had infected eighty percent of the world's population. Within 60 days of its origin, it had infected every living thing on the planet... with absolutely no deaths or negative side effects.

That's when the real fun started.

Every nation in the world was hard at work on a vaccine, which was difficult given the bacteria's extreme resistance to drugs (as well as the elements). All hopes for a vaccine were dashed, when it suddenly mutated and those infected began experiencing vomiting, fever, cold sweats, compromised immune systems, cysts, and dementia... all at once. By the time the blindness and insanity set in, humanity was already on the verge of extinction.

Curiously enough, the last holdouts on earth were five people in Madagascar (all infected), and the crew of a ship which drifted aimlessly around the Atlantic Ocean, refusing to dock. From start to finish, it took 124 days for the world to end at the hands of a lowly bacteria.

It would've been sooner, if I hadn't wasted all those evolution points "selling" off traits. Crying or Very sad

Edit: Oh, the bacteria's name was "Bloody Tears", in case anyone was wondering. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:22 pm

"Bloody Tears"? Like the Castlevania song?
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:34 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
"Bloody Tears"? Like the Castlevania song?

Exactly like that, yes. Very Happy

I'm currently trying it again on the Realistic setting. It took me longer to spread it across most of the world without being noticed, but I got the Stealthy trait for doing it. Unfortunately, Madagascar and New Zealand went into lockdown before I managed to get a single person infected in either country.

Only 8 hospitals open and Bloody Tears has Drug Resistance IV, so I've got plenty of time before they'll manage to get a vaccine finished. Not quite sure how to break into those islands, though. Neutral

Edit: It's been over a year, and Bloody Tears has killed off 3/4ths of the world's population. Evil laugh I cut out all the symptoms, boosted up the resistances and transmission factors... and still haven't managed to break into Madagascar or New Zealand. The population's starting to recover slowly, although everyone else in the world is infected. Smile

I let them finish and deploy the vaccine, keeping the symptoms minimal so that the game wouldn't end... the vaccine resulted in Bloody Tears becoming immune to all future vaccines. Laughing Kind of stumped now- I can kill off everyone except those darned islands, but if I do, my precious disease dies out. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Just played another game, and noticed my virus had the "biohazard" property on it... It seems that it's a random starting trait, but The descriptopn for it says something along the lines of "This virus was engineered and accidentally released en route to it's testing facility. It has an automatic bonus to infectiousness, but is also more widely known to the governments of the world."

They made a vaccine for it in under 20 days. Mad
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Ouch. Sad With something like that, your best bet might be just to max out the Drug Resistance trait- not only will it take them a bit longer to develop the vaccine, but it might give your virus better chances of surviving the vaccine once they start deploying it.

After a couple of games, I'm convinced that the key to getting into Madagascar is Australia. I just can not manage to get my plagues to spread that far before Madagascar and NZ go into total lockdown. Even if you don't have ANY symptoms enabled, and no visibility at all, if your virus spreads too fast or becomes too widespread, they eventually clue in. Neutral
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Yeah, thats annoying. If it's completely invisible they shouldn't be able to tell. My only excuse for that would be "Doctor's Checkup" at a local hospital. It's got no symptoms, but they know it's there from a hospital, then all the paranoid people go crazy over it. Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:41 pm

So aggravatingly true:

An infectious little game. 1216234389134xn2

I want to Laughing and Crying or Very sad at the same time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm

You people with your mass destruction viruses! You should play a less violent game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Something tells me you frequest the Nuklear Power forums as well there Quantum.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:33 pm

O_O Nice. Kinda reminds me of http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/358951 . ^^
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:56 pm

My Flashfever bacterium is ripping through the US, Canada, and Mexico as I write this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmxracerad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An infectious little game.   An infectious little game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An infectious little game.
Page 1 of 1