Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tempestarii

Go down 
+4
Mirukani
Shady Knight
gwadahunter2222
TheQuantumMechanic
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Tempestarii - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm

zelda31 wrote:
you still aren't getting it I am talking about making the bones hard as steel or controling the bodies metabolism or even stop ageing all together or increasing the size of certain muscles or glands I was never talking about change the scientific elements just the ability to control the level of strength and durability of the body

I got it the first time you said it, and I gave you the answer. Rolling Eyes It just either doesn't seem to be the one you want to hear, or you don't understand the answer. Neutral

The only way they can do those things is in relation to their elemental abilities; through sheer biological methods (the way you are suggesting) it is not possible.

A Metal Incursio can make their bones as hard as steel simply by turning their bones into steel.

Incursio can not make their bones as hard as steel simply by altering their bone density.

Incursio can increase the size of certain muscles and organs by transitioning them to a half-flesh, half-elemental state and expanding them.

An Incursio can not increase the amount of organic muscle tissue and make their muscles or organs larger in any way other than the above.

If an Incursio wants to alter his or her physical strength or durability, the only way for him to do it is through elemental means.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm

zelda31 wrote:
you still aren't getting it I am talking about making the bones hard as steel or controling the bodies metabolism or even stop ageing all together or increasing the size of certain muscles or glands I was never talking about change the scientific elements just the ability to control the level of strength and durability of the body

What you are talking about and what Quantum said it's the same things except you use different words. You are describing the abilities as if it was a biological way but in that way in or plane of existence it's not possible. So to do this abilities you need to shift in another plane where it's possible Very Happy

Our reality is not only limited by the physical laws we know.

All this things you describe, is high fantasy with biological words, but sorry it doesn't work like that.

You can not explain everything with biology Razz
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
All this things you describe, is high fantasy with biological words, but sorry it doesn't work like that.

You can not explain everything with biology Razz

Or, to be more precise, you can... only an elemental's "biology" includes plane-shifting and elemental energy/physical substance. So it's pretty much the same thing anyways. If an Earth Incursio wants to make his bones denser, he gradually increases the amount of minerals/earth in them, until they become completely fossilized (which determines his maximum limit).

That's why what you described doesn't work; those concepts simply do not apply to elemental beings the way they do a human.
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:39 pm

ok fair enough but there is a way to make them be able to perform what I am talking about but only through evolution
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:48 pm

zelda31 wrote:
ok fair enough but there is a way to make them be able to perform what I am talking about but only through evolution

Alright, I guess that is technically true. Sort of. The only problem is, it's never going to happen; "evolving" them for the sole purpose of allowing them to do something they're not supposed to do by design is changing the entire concept.

If you're going to go that far, you might as well just make an entirely new creature that can do exactly that, rather than trying to force it onto a creature where it was never part of the concept in the first place. No

Also, evolving them just doesn't make any sense from a biological standpoint, either. They can already functionally do exactly what you are talking about; only the way they do it is different. Since they already have that ability, they can't evolve to possess the ability. They already have it, and they developed as an organism along totally different lines to be able to do it.

They would basically have to "devolve" into a baseline human, or be unmade, and then evolve again or be remade from there, in a way that makes what you want (which they could already do) possible the way you want it to happen. I really just do not see anything to be gained by all of this; it isn't going to add anything to the concept, or resolve any crippling flaw that isn't meant to be there.

I don't know, maybe I'm just missing the point. confused
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:27 am

gah I give up
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 am

I want to restate that what you suggest is not a bad idea; it's merely not a good idea for Tempestarii or Incursio. I really hope you can see the difference.

These creations have a certain focus that is strongly related to their concept, and altering that focus to allow for something they are not intended to be able to do is the same thing as changing their entire concept.

I do not want to do that, because I am relatively satisfied with these guys the way they are; I began with a certain image in my mind, and aside from some possible minor tweaking, I believe that both Tempestarii and Incursio do a pretty good job of bringing that image to life.

I will almost never throw something extra in "just for the heck of it", or "just because it's cool"; that just isn't the way I design something... and it eventually leads to a creation losing its focus. At that point, it is no longer the thing you were originally trying to make; it becomes something else. This can be a good thing sometimes (you come up with something creative and innovative), and a bad thing other times (your creation is poorly balanced, or lacks distinction/is generic).

Tempestarii can neither alter their bodies, nor pass powers along to their children genetically. It is not part of their concept, and never will be. It just doesn't fit with what a Tempestarii is.

Incursio can both alter their bodies, and pass powers along to their children genetically. It is part of their concept, and always will be (so long as an individual Incursio is capable of physically doing either). It fits in with what an Incursio is, because the concept was designed around it.

Neither Tempestarii or Incursio can alter their biology in the specific manner you're talking about, and never will be able to; for the same reason they can't fly to the moon and back. It is not part of their concept, just does not fit into the concept, and doesn't really add anything vital enough to warrant being tacked on as an afterthought. Doing so would be poor design, and I try to avoid that whenever possible.

I hope this explains my reasoning in a way that makes sense. confused I don't want you to think that I totally hate your ideas and am trying to shout you down or anything; I did work in the body alteration and genetically inheriting powers into the Incursio concept as you suggested... I just did it in a way that makes the most sense to me, given the nature of the beings.

Altering their body composition from a purely biological standpoint, though, that really just does not fit in with this particular concept; it's something that would contribute more to a completely different creation. Smile
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:39 am

fair enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tempestarii   Tempestarii - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tempestarii
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Elementals and Elves-
Jump to: