Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRC troubles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

IRC troubles Empty
PostSubject: IRC troubles   IRC troubles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:33 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the last few days whenever I've tried to get on any of the Felarya channels through MIRC it has always just plugged me into a completely empty room, and I know others have been using the same exact rooms all the while. I was told that being sure I was on DALnet may be what's going on, but even after connecting through that particular server, things still seemed suspiciously empty. Certainly someone here has some idea what's going on or how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

IRC troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC troubles   IRC troubles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:40 pm

It may be because of the rapid loss of activity. The IRC has been 'dying' the past few days / weeks. There's some times of day none really log on to it.
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

IRC troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC troubles   IRC troubles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Beyond that, I mean that there have been times when I knew other people were on, and even times that I've tried joining other channels entirely, I literally cannot find ANYONE. There is no way that by coincidence, the dozen or so channels I've tried have all been empty at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

IRC troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC troubles   IRC troubles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 pm

I think it might be a more severe form of netsplit. I'm not totally sure, so I'd suggest E-mailing the guy who runs DALnet. It might help.

(and no, I don't have his email. It should be on Dalnet somewhere. sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC troubles   IRC troubles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC troubles
Page 1 of 1