Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surviving In/After the Mouth

Go down 
+13
ericnthered123
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Tuc135
Jibsy0
ZionAtriedes
Raveolution
Pendragon
S-Guy
Goldclaw
Malahite
Keltarian
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keltarian
Tasty morsel
Keltarian

Surviving In/After the Mouth Empty
PostSubject: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:18 am

OK after having just explained the greatness of Felarya to my (having just got back from Clone Wars)buddies. The (nerdy) question was posed.

And I Quote:"If someone with a lightsaber got swollowed, would s/he bea ablt to cut thier way out faster than the swollowing creature can heal?"

Whic got me thinking..since they tend to swollow you whole(gear&all) would a little planing save your life? confused

Like say have a sword hidden but ready to stab through their throat as they swallow, a jug of Ipikak[SP](the stuff that induces vomiting), Military grade plant killer(I seen this stuff in action, plants literally melt away), or a spell that feeds of the surrounding digestive juices to expand untill the preds gut explodes....

Or while anythings 'possible", is it probable? We all know Crisis' gut can withstand a grenade, but how about a sword thats laser sharpened to a micron fine edge? Half me says these would work, the other laghs and just says once in mouth "Game Over". What do you folks think? Question
Back to top Go down
http://Keltarian.DeviantArt.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:04 am

Depends entirely on who you ask, and what story you're a part of.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:55 am

I'll have to agree with Malahite with this one because it really depends on the story and the person writing the story, take my bad overview of luna's tale. Mike gets eaten when luna is hungry or when she likes to playfully eat him but he really is not in any danger of course and mike can just use his zenku dimen door techquine.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:49 am

And I would do my best to either teleport to the ground before I get swallowed. Otherwise, I would just harness all the energy I could manage and see if I could blow myself out. Now...if I had one of those crystals I mentioned, It wouldn't be pretty for the predator. No
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:05 am

It all depends, as the others have said. Some predators could be prepared for such a situation (stripping a hunter for instance) or some prey could just have a clear advantage (special anti-stomach lining magic).

Really, it can go in any direction.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Keltarian wrote:
OK after having just explained the greatness of Felarya to my (having just got back from Clone Wars)buddies. The (nerdy) question was posed.

And I Quote:"If someone with a lightsaber got swollowed, would s/he bea ablt to cut thier way out faster than the swollowing creature can heal?"

Whic got me thinking..since they tend to swollow you whole(gear&all) would a little planing save your life? confused

Like say have a sword hidden but ready to stab through their throat as they swallow, a jug of Ipikak[SP](the stuff that induces vomiting), Military grade plant killer(I seen this stuff in action, plants literally melt away), or a spell that feeds of the surrounding digestive juices to expand untill the preds gut explodes....

Or while anythings 'possible", is it probable? We all know Crisis' gut can withstand a grenade, but how about a sword thats laser sharpened to a micron fine edge? Half me says these would work, the other laghs and just says once in mouth "Game Over". What do you folks think? Question
Once in the mouth, aim your lightsaber at the roof of the mouth.

Vore epic fail for the pred...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:25 pm

I personally think a lightsaber would do the job. By the way, Clone Wars was better than I expected.

And if anyone is reading my stories on DA, Chapter 7 has a great strategy in it... if you have a psychic on your side, that is. Throughout my stories will be evidence of the power of proper planning and strategy (since that is Zion's biggest asset).
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
By the way, Clone Wars was better than I expected.

Not to throw us off topic, but ever since I saw that on a poster in the theater, my first thought was, "Well, this isn't going to be very good. Maybe it's going to be the final sign that Lucas went nutters."

And then...I SAW THE PREVIEW. My thoughts shifted to, "This will be a disaster of epic proportions." Sad
Back to top Go down
Jibsy0
Helpless prey
Jibsy0

Location : on my naga friends shoulder careful shes looking at you

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:23 am

I saw the movie and it wasn't half bad...back to subject i think a light saber would be able to cut through a pred's stomach. Like i am sure everyone knows a light saber is super heated, that's why it's able to cut things with ease.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:18 pm

I don't know about that, the predator's stomachs have sometimes been shown to resist physical damage as well as magic. I think the right question would be if a person with a lightsaber could cut their way out before succumbing to asphyxiation or the acid.

That's not to say it isn't possible, but I'd say it's harder than most expect.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Tuc135 wrote:
I don't know about that, the predator's stomachs have sometimes been shown to resist physical damage as well as magic. I think the right question would be if a person with a lightsaber could cut their way out before succumbing to asphyxiation or the acid.

That's not to say it isn't possible, but I'd say it's harder than most expect.

Actually, this brings up a thought I had. Two, actually.

1) The stomach is likely to be cramped, especially once the grinding starts. You're likely only going to have moments at best before you're both unable to grip anything due to acid damages [assuming a lack of sealed armor] and your limbs are bound too closely to your body to effectively strike [assuming the lack of super-strength / mass].

2) Your weapon is also going to be afflicted by the acids. Now while for something like a standard magic sword you only have to worry about quality in general, for things like Light Sabers and Protoss Psi Blades will run into the problem of their generators / vulnerable parts being melted down. Light Saber's aren't water tight to my knowledge, and this could pose a big problem as the crystal inside is damaged.

Best bet to escape a predator is before you hit the stomach. Though as said here [and my old thread on this] it is possible to get out regardless.

And I doubt a Predator's Stomach is resilient enough to withstand a light saber. These are things we see melting their way through metal blast doors, I don't think a few inches of Fibrous Flesh is going to slow it.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:40 pm

The armor of the Sun Crusher vessel from the Star Wars universe could easily withstand the digestive acids.

Here's an article on the Sun Crusher
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmxracerad.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

MegaDan5 wrote:
The armor of the Sun Crusher vessel from the Star Wars universe could easily withstand the digestive acids.

You're using a ship from a universe where the main Anti-Capital Ship Weapon is measured at 200 Gigatons and fired in volleys of thousands against a meatbag? You're a cruel, cruel man.

I love you.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Malahite wrote:
Actually, this brings up a thought I had. Two, actually.

1) The stomach is likely to be cramped, especially once the grinding starts. You're likely only going to have moments at best before you're both unable to grip anything due to acid damages [assuming a lack of sealed armor] and your limbs are bound too closely to your body to effectively strike [assuming the lack of super-strength / mass].

Sounds like a reasonable assumption. In that I'm pretty sure nobody wants to actually get swallowed to find out. Laughing

Malahite wrote:
2) Your weapon is also going to be afflicted by the acids. Now while for something like a standard magic sword you only have to worry about quality in general, for things like Light Sabers and Protoss Psi Blades will run into the problem of their generators / vulnerable parts being melted down. Light Saber's aren't water tight to my knowledge, and this could pose a big problem as the crystal inside is damaged.

Best bet to escape a predator is before you hit the stomach. Though as said here [and my old thread on this] it is possible to get out regardless.

And I doubt a Predator's Stomach is resilient enough to withstand a light saber. These are things we see melting their way through metal blast doors, I don't think a few inches of Fibrous Flesh is going to slow it.

Forget the stomach... why not just flip the thing on as soon as she puts you in her mouth? Just make sure you're holding the business end away from your body. But even if you don't, you'll lose a limb, or maybe accidentally one-shot yourself. Probably not going to be as painful as being slowly dissolved by enzymes and acid.

As for the predator, somehow I doubt the average predator is going to be able to swallow something with a lightsaber poking out of their throat from the inside. And if they did, at least you wouldn't have a problem getting back out again. Evil laugh

Malahite wrote:
MegaDan5 wrote:

You're using a ship from a universe where the main Anti-Capital Ship Weapon is measured at 200 Gigatons and fired in volleys of thousands against a meatbag? You're a cruel, cruel man.

I love you.

I concur. Also, I demand you use that armor to build a legion's worth of plate armor suits for my nefari- er, for my entirely peaceful and benevolent purposes. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 pm

It's gonna be hard enough for me to engineer three suits of quantum-crystalline armor, let alone enough to supply an army.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 pm

MegaDan5 wrote:
It's gonna be hard enough for me to engineer three suits of quantum-crystalline armor, let alone enough to supply an army.

Not an army, a Legion. But, I suppose if you could only come up with enough for, say, 100 marines give or take... that would also be acceptable. ;D
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:45 pm

It's still gonna take me a while. I barely managed to scrape together the funds necessary to build the suits for Alris and myself.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Malahite wrote:
But isn't the psi blade powered by psi itself? Is there a generator at all?

The acids may damage the exposed body parts of a Protoss Zealot before it damages the blade.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Raveolution wrote:
The acids may damage the exposed body parts of a Protoss Zealot before it damages the blade.
While it's generated by Psi, the armor is used to help regulate the Psi. Or at least that's what I always got from it.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Malahite wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
While it's generated by Psi, the armor is used to help regulate the Psi. Or at least that's what I always got from it.
Okay, that makes sense. Wouldn't the armor be hardier than the body it's protecting?
Back to top Go down
ericnthered123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ericnthered123

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 pm

I think it would depend on the character that was eating you if it would work or not.
Most would be cut open, but I'm sure that a few wouldn't even notice it.
Like say Menyssan probaly would just gulp you down without a seconds notice.
Back to top Go down
http://ericnthered123.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 pm

ericnthered123 wrote:

Blessed Bayonet's, anyone?

AMEN!
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Malahite wrote:
ericnthered123 wrote:

Blessed Bayonet's, anyone?

AMEN!
Ayup. What would happen to her if someone went down her throat carrying holy water under their cloak?

Toss it into the stomach = ?? something horrible ??
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 pm

I wouldn't help but feel remorse for killing a hybrid-pred that eats me. Sure, I was going to be melted away into a nutritious snack, but killing something so pretty just doesn't feel right. sobsob
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 pm

S-Guy wrote:
I wouldn't help but feel remorse for killing a hybrid-pred that eats me. Sure, I was going to be melted away into a nutritious snack, but killing something so pretty just doesn't feel right. sobsob
Hybrid-Pred eats a Hybrid-Pred then.

You lose in either scenario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surviving In/After the Mouth   Surviving In/After the Mouth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surviving In/After the Mouth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next