Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting an Animated Felarya Series

Go down 
+13
Cyrus325
Plombard
The Rev
gwadahunter2222
xlrp
Karbo
Rythmear
lami
Ravana3k
Pendragon
melancholy-melody13
Spykeofkonoha
servomoore
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
servomoore
Naga food

Starting an Animated Felarya Series Empty
PostSubject: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:52 pm

This will be a long post, so I'm dividing it up into sections:

1. The Current Situation

The positive feedback I got when I posted this piece of animation by Shawn The Touched (Available here: http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9222&start=0 ) has encouraged me to start a series of cartoons based on his universe. Since I can just barely draw stickfigures personally, I have been saving up to hire animators to do that tricky step for us.

Now, I first posted notices and hired this guy named Brady Lowery to do Episode 1, and that has recently failed. So I was soon going to start posting notices again. But I had a particular artist that I wanted who goes by the name Studio Nightbird (Here's his Newgrounds page: http://studio-nightbird.newgrounds.com/ )

The script for Episode 1 (A sample is available here: http://servomoore.deviantart.com/art/CRISIS-AND-LEA-Script-Sample-67877907 ) is projected to be between four and five minutes long. I have a budget of $800 for it so that it can do some justice to Felarya. I have already recorded all the dialogue for the characters.

2. Series Overview

My plan for the thing as a whole is to focus primarily on the small list of "Canon" characters: Crisis, Anna, Vivian, Lea, Drayla, Menyssan, Anko, Temi... Basically just the characters in the "Million Views" drawing. Any other characters really stay pretty much nameless.

In addition to the first episode, I wrote a two-part second script and have plans for three more episodes. Since animators are kinda expensive, I'm fairly sure each one is only going to be five to ten minutes. I know it will cost me at least $4,000, but I live a lifestyle that means I can afford that (i.e., I split rent with my brother and neither of us does much besides stuff like this that costs anything. Plus it'll probaly take at least a year and a half to make them all.)

Without going into too many details, current ideas are mostly about the gaps in the current Lore (What happened between Anna becoming a naga and Crisis becoming her "friend" and things like that.)

3. Issues People Might Have With Me, or might not.

I am not a voraphile. So while there's still going to be some of that in there, I think most people approaching it expecting a new person in a stomach every ten seconds will be disapointed. But I know a lot of Felarya's following aren't, so this probably won't be too much of an issue.

I am very much a fan of THE SIMPSONS Season 2-8, not South Park. Anyone expecting that kind of raunch won't find it in my scripts. Not to get on a high horse and bash other peoples' tastes, but that's just the way it is.

Oh, and I am definitely most heavily a fan of Crisis, Anna, Lea, and Vivian, so fans of everyone else might be mad that they get almost all the screen time.

4. What I Am Asking Other People To Do:

I know I have requested this on many other forums, but does anyone know a good flash artist who works in anime style, would be okay with the content of Felarya, and who would be affordable at my fairly low rates?

If you have any questions or comments (no matter how brutal) please let me have them.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 pm

Damn it! I can't view the preview! *bangs head against the wall* Why does my computer have to be an idiot!
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 pm

servomoore wrote:
This will be a long post, so I'm dividing it up into sections:

1. The Current Situation

The positive feedback I got when I posted this piece of animation by Shawn The Touched (Available here: http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9222&start=0 ) has encouraged me to start a series of cartoons based on his universe. Since I can just barely draw stickfigures personally, I have been saving up to hire animators to do that tricky step for us.

Now, I first posted notices and hired this guy named Brady Lowery to do Episode 1, and that has recently failed. So I was soon going to start posting notices again. But I had a particular artist that I wanted who goes by the name Studio Nightbird (Here's his Newgrounds page: http://studio-nightbird.newgrounds.com/ )

The script for Episode 1 (A sample is available here: http://servomoore.deviantart.com/art/CRISIS-AND-LEA-Script-Sample-67877907 ) is projected to be between four and five minutes long. I have a budget of $800 for it so that it can do some justice to Felarya. I have already recorded all the dialogue for the characters.

2. Series Overview

My plan for the thing as a whole is to focus primarily on the small list of "Canon" characters: Crisis, Anna, Vivian, Lea, Drayla, Menyssan, Anko, Temi... Basically just the characters in the "Million Views" drawing. Any other characters really stay pretty much nameless.

In addition to the first episode, I wrote a two-part second script and have plans for three more episodes. Since animators are kinda expensive, I'm fairly sure each one is only going to be five to ten minutes. I know it will cost me at least $4,000, but I live a lifestyle that means I can afford that (i.e., I split rent with my brother and neither of us does much besides stuff like this that costs anything. Plus it'll probaly take at least a year and a half to make them all.)

Without going into too many details, current ideas are mostly about the gaps in the current Lore (What happened between Anna becoming a naga and Crisis becoming her "friend" and things like that.)

3. Issues People Might Have With Me, or might not.

I am not a voraphile. So while there's still going to be some of that in there, I think most people approaching it expecting a new person in a stomach every ten seconds will be disapointed. But I know a lot of Felarya's following aren't, so this probably won't be too much of an issue.

I am very much a fan of THE SIMPSONS Season 2-8, not South Park. Anyone expecting that kind of raunch won't find it in my scripts. Not to get on a high horse and bash other peoples' tastes, but that's just the way it is.

Oh, and I am definitely most heavily a fan of Crisis, Anna, Lea, and Vivian, so fans of everyone else might be mad that they get almost all the screen time.

4. What I Am Asking Other People To Do:

I know I have requested this on many other forums, but does anyone know a good flash artist who works in anime style, would be okay with the content of Felarya, and who would be affordable at my fairly low rates?

If you have any questions or comments (no matter how brutal) please let me have them.

WOw this is a great Idea! I was actually thinking about this for awhile though I have nowhere near the money for it or knowlage of how to do it, I really wish I could help out or donate to you in someway but I'm basicly broke at the moment though I wish you the best of luck with this and am looking forward to seeing this! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 pm

This idea sounds like it will be a big success.

I'm afraid I can't help much. But regardless, I'm sure it'll pwn the internet.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 pm

The idea sounds great and maybe I can ask around for some people you're looking for, because I know some but I won't promise anything ... I'll try my best
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:34 am

well I would advise you to stay clear of newgrounds in your search of animation, but thats about all i can tell you, I only do animation the old fasion way. to death.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 am

Looking for good animators eh? I'll see who I can dig up/beat up.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:34 am

I really hope it will work with this new artist ! His clips are powerful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:38 am

servomoore wrote:

Oh, and I am definitely most heavily a fan of Crisis, Anna, Lea, and Vivian.

That all I need to know. Keep on doing what you do. I'll keep an open ear if I find any flash artist who can help you.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:52 am

Good luck that's all I will say=D
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:10 am

*Is still blackmailing newgrounds flash animators with embarrasing photos*
Back to top Go down
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 pm

Thank you everyone who is looking for artists for us.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:18 pm

servomoore wrote:
Thank you everyone who is looking for artists for us.

Our pleasure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Did you say Menyssan? Okay, this is getting too good to be true. You must be burned!

also, I like where this is going. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:23 am

The Rev wrote:
Did you say Menyssan? Okay, this is getting too good to be true. You must be burned!

also, I like where this is going. Very Happy

As do I.

I can only imagine what'll happen next.

*pulls up lawnchair and waits to see what happens*
Back to top Go down
Plombard
Tasty morsel
Plombard

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:02 am

it's very interresting...^^
an animation about Felarya will be great! I will look foward it, I support you, Servomoore!
Back to top Go down
Cyrus325
Tasty morsel
Cyrus325

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:20 pm

sounds awesome, cant wait to see it. I'll dig around with some of my friends and see whats up. don't expect anything and i can't donate even though I'd like to, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://grime325.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 pm

So far so good, with the script. The dialogue is suitably humorous, and Crisis looks wonderfully in-character.

I eagerly await this.
Of course, now I'll have to forget all about it, lest the suspense kill me...
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:09 am

Can't wait to see what comes up next.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:17 am

GREGOLE wrote:
So far so good, with the script. The dialogue is suitably humorous, and Crisis looks wonderfully in-character.

I eagerly await this.
Of course, now I'll have to forget all about it, lest the suspense kill me...

This guy took the words right out of my mouth >.>
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:28 pm

I saw the clip/preview a while ago and it was very fluid and crisp; it was quite impressive. I think it goes without saying that many of us would love to see an animated series based on Felarya. I don't know where to find animators or how to go about searching for them, but if I did I would surely look for them. Good luck in pursuing this milestone, although I'm fairly sure that you'll be able to accomplish this with enough effort and dedication *points to the novel*.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

*Takes his lawnchair away from Pendragon, and sits.* My chair.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:25 am

What the? Gimme back mah lawn chair!

*swipes it back*

Hmph. Well, if you are looking for animators, try Chakra X on Newgrounds.

I'm no sure of his prices, or if he's available, but his animations are solid gold on the win-a-tron.

Just watch Sonic: Nazo Unleashed and you'll see my point.
Back to top Go down
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Well, once again, I seem to have hired a guy who has trouble communicating with me, and I've recently had another applicant whose work just blows me away.

I feel bad for hoping that the deal with our currentl animator falls through, but, man, this other guy's stuff looks so good, and he's SO prompt.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 pm

Well I hope you get it all worked out. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 pm

Here's the new and improved preview of it:

http://servomoore.deviantart.com/art/Crisis-and-Lea-Frame-1-74633600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting an Animated Felarya Series   Starting an Animated Felarya Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting an Animated Felarya Series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next