Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A life and lunch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feneris
Tasty morsel

A life and lunch Empty
PostSubject: A life and lunch   A life and lunch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:58 pm

I am rather new to these forums, but I am an avid fan of Karbo's work and his creation.

The world of Felarya is the second most dangerous world in the whole universe. There is a 95% death rate among all visitors under 100 ft. The most dangerous world in the universe is the realm of Negativity, which has a 100% death rate among ALL visitors. But that is beside the point.

The point is, if you're big enough to fit into the mouth of anything on Felarya... you're lunch.

A giant male Felaryain naga was lounging in the sun, a leather pack hanging beside him on a branch. The tip of his long green snake tail hung off the edge of the branch, and danced along the surface of the river below, looking like some many of the large vines hanging from the trees.

Male naga were rare in Felarya, to put it simply. They tended to maintain large tracts of land which they called their own, and would go so far as too kill any male which intruded on their lands. Females were a whole other matter entirely. They were also nomadic, and rarely stayed in one place for more then a day. Sometimes a female naga could live right in the middle of a male's territory and never even know the male was there.

Vessp, as that was his name, blew a strand of brown hair out of his green eyes and turned his gaze down the river. A small boat was making its way down the current. It was stuffed to the gills with refugees from another world, mostly women. A dark shape past under the boat. A mermaid looking for a meal obviously.

The boat, oblivious to the danger it was in, continued down the river. When it was just below the branch he rested on, he stuck. His tail lashed out, capsizing the boat and sending it's helpless passangers into the river. In one quick motion, he flung himself off the branch, catching himself by his tail before he hit the water. With practiced ease, he plucked the floundering humans from the water, and popped them into his mouth in a manner similar to popcorn. When he had eaten his fill, he plucked one more human from the water, before pulling himself back onto the branch and slithering over to his pack, the human still clenched in his hand.

When he was safely back on the branch he opened his hand to reveal the cowering redhead.

"P-please d-don't eat me..." she sobbed, curling up into a fetal position.

"Why shouldn't I?" Vessp asked, picking her up and dangling her in front of his face. Some sadistic part of him enjoyed "playing" with his prey before he ate them.

"I know where you can find treasure!" she squeaked in desperation. "Gold! Lots of it!"

"Really?" he asked, feinting interest. "Where is it?"

"If you let me go, I'll tell you."

He stared at her intently. "Naw, gold doesn't intrest me." and with a flick of his wrist, he tossed her into the air, and caught her in his mouth. He screams were drowned out as she struggled to get a grip on the slick surface of his tongue, but in vain. He swallowed, sending her down his escophagus, where she would join the others in the pit of acid and digestive enzymes that was his stomach.

With a sigh, he leaned back against the bark of the tree. He paused suddenly, as if something had ocurred to him.

"I have a sudden craving for catgirls... Maybe it's time I payed some friends a visit."

Well, the next chapter is open for someone to insert their own character into the story. ((I looking for a challange)) Any feedback you have would be most appricated.
Back to top Go down
Feneris
Tasty morsel

A life and lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: A life and lunch   A life and lunch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:04 am

Vessp hurtled through the brush of the upper-jungle canopy. He moved much like a side-winder, hurling his massive tail to the next branch, in order to get a grip and hurl himself to the next one.

He smacked his lips. He had run into a lone scout on his trek and had snatched her up. She had taken the edge off his hunger slightly.

Male naga, tended to eat more then females. Their bodies were generally larger than females, and they had a faster metabolism, thus they tended to have ravenous cravings for humanoid beings. Legends among some Naga claimed that a male had once devoured an entire city for lunch, an entire convoy full of soilders for dinner, and an adventuring party for dessert. They were obviously exaggerating of course, after a having big lunch and dinner like that, one would not have room for dessert.

Vessp finally came to a stop in the boughs of an exceptionally large tree that jutted out over the tree line, and into the clouds. He wound his serpentine body around the trunk, and knocked on the wood. A small door opened in the trunk, and an elf stuck his head out.

"CODE BLACK! CODE BLACK!... Oh wait... It's only Vessp," he screamed upon seeing the naga. "Cancel that order... Jinsu! Put that anti-matter cannon down!"

"Jumpy today?" Vessp asked, smirking. Like many creatures in Felarya, these elves came from another world, a world called Everska. They had established a research base on Felarya, with the intent of studying the strange world. Vessp left them alone for three reasons.

1. The first time he had eaten one of the Everskan elves, they had sent a suicide agent after him. The agent was packed to the gills with enough Everskain Netherthorn to kill a young giant. It had made him violently sick for a week.

2. The elves kept careful track of all portals in Felarya, the movement of large predators, and the locations of all settlements, new and old. They were more then happy to tell him the location of any possible prey he might be interested in, in exchange for peace and quiet.

3. and.... most importantly... they tasted like sawdust and bog slime, unless eaten with lots and lots of ketchup. Which, unfortunately, was a rare and valuable commodity on Felarya.

"You'd be too!" the elf retorted. "You and your kind eat beings our size, five square meals a day! What in the nine hells do you want now!?"

"I have a sudden craving for catgirls," Vessp amswered, licking his lips in anticipation.

The elf sighed. "You're in luck. Our scanners picked up a small band of them about a kilometer and a half due south of here, and... Kiliki! Don't brew potions right next to the computers! I had to curse half the budgeting staff to get those!!"

"Thank you!" Vessp chirped happily, and with a great leap, took to the tree's again. A smirk slowly formed across this face. "Time for the second course..."
Back to top Go down

A life and lunch
Page 1 of 1