Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!

Go down 
+5
ZionAtriedes
Malahite
The Rev
dlausactor6373
L'Ryn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Empty
PostSubject: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:19 pm

ATTENTION! THE PRIEST AT MY FRIEND'S CHURCH SAYS THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN THREE WEEKS! EVERYONE PRAY TO JESUS FOR WE WILL ALL CLEARLY DIE BECAUSE A PRIEST AT A CHURCH IS CLAIMING DIVINE VISIONS OF HELLFIRE, HELL ICE, AND BRIMSTONE!

HAIL GOOOODDD!! HAIL OUR LOVING LORD WHO WILL DESTROY OUR WORLD BECAUSE HE LOVES US!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

...See?
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:47 pm

I think the villains of Dissidia Final Fantasy put it into perspective as to just what our ruling god truly is in this slightly altered quote from the more recent trailer.

God and Satan are fated to continue their mutual war. If they continue their eternal battle, there will be no relief-- no future. Do you believe there is any merit in God? What a pity. After all, you are just pawns in their game. And nevertheless, you put your faith in God. In the coming battle you will see; the Lord's true form is a god of death that revels in your struggle. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm

I came, I read, I voiced my opinion.

I think you're all worrying too much about this whole argument. This is a Felarya forum, not some kind of crazy debate center :s This goes for Beefy as well.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:58 pm

I was just pointing out the funniness of it. XD Just because it's written down doesn't mean it's true, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:01 pm

You know, Dan Abnett has a really good quote on religion [Which he had the misfortune of putting in a Sci-Fi novel, but still stands well].

Horus Rising wrote:
"Religion damned our species for thousands of years, from the lowest superstition to the highest conclaves of spiritual faith. It drove us to madness, to war, to murder, it hung upon us like a disease, like a shackle ball. I'll tell you what religion was... no, you tell me. You there?"

"Ignorance, sir."

"Thank you, Khanna. Ignorance. Since the earliest times, our species has striven to understand the workings of the cosmos, and where that understanding has failed, or fallen short, we have filled in the gaps, plastered over the discrepancies, with blind faith. Why does the sun go round the sky? I don't know, so I will attribute it to the efforts of a sun go with a golden chariot. Why do people die? I can't say, but I will choose to believe it is the murky business of a reaper who carries souls to some afterworld."
[...]
"Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all feel more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness."
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 am

Oy. I see no reason to mock Beefy like this, simply because he got a bit overzealou. I find that to be a very dishonorable practice.

It's not about what one priest says. It's about prophecies made thousands of years ago that fit this exact time period. It's about Biblical proof that, despite the slanderous lies of the atheists, have never been disproven. In fact, their godless ways are still less scientifically sound than our beliefs. Don't confuse the real faith with the dogmatic views of the Catholics or other denominations. That's your problem. You think all Christians are either dogma-bound fools, or literalists who believe in some pagan-style magician God.

If people READ the Bible and used their BRAINS (you know, those little things people tend to neglect), maybe some people would actually start sounding intelligent around here.

I am not normally a volatile person, as you may know, but I will NOT stand for this assault on my faith, even if it is directed at another person.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:55 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
I am not normally a volatile person, as you may know, but I will NOT stand for this assault on my faith, even if it is directed at another person.
You will just accept the assault on other people's faiths and their defending stances?

Technically, the Christian side sent the first blow. This is like complaining that some biker beat up another biker, after the second one gave the first an uppercut.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:00 am

Okay, I'm getting a little bit tired of all this crap. I mean, seriously, I came to this forum to have fun, not to watch an Atheism vs. Christianity contest. Would it be too much too ask if we just moved on and do what we came here to do in the first place?
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Oy. I see no reason to mock Beefy like this, simply because he got a bit overzealou. I find that to be a very dishonorable practice.

It's not about what one priest says. It's about prophecies made thousands of years ago that fit this exact time period. It's about Biblical proof that, despite the slanderous lies of the atheists, have never been disproven. In fact, their godless ways are still less scientifically sound than our beliefs. Don't confuse the real faith with the dogmatic views of the Catholics or other denominations. That's your problem. You think all Christians are either dogma-bound fools, or literalists who believe in some pagan-style magician God.

If people READ the Bible and used their BRAINS (you know, those little things people tend to neglect), maybe some people would actually start sounding intelligent around here.

I'm not mocking your faith. I'm not insulting you directly. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the entire situation is.

I never read the bible, I'll admit that.

But I have good friends who are Christians.

And I'm not an Atheist, I'm a follower of Ten Ma Na.

I love everyone... except math teachers.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Malahite wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
You will just accept the assault on other people's faiths and their defending stances?

Technically, the Christian side sent the first blow. This is like complaining that some biker beat up another biker, after the second one gave the first an uppercut.
We sent no blow... we simply tried to spread a message. I concede that Beefy may have gone too far, but he never directly mocked anyone. You painted it that way. Neither Beefy nor I insulted anyone's faith. We simply tried to tell people about something we see as very important. We're trying to help. You're welcome.

L'Ryn wrote:
I'm not mocking your faith. I'm not insulting you directly. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the entire situation is.
Yes, I admit Beefy went overboard. But you're perpetuating the matter.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Malahite wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:

We sent no blow... we simply tried to spread a message. I concede that Beefy may have gone too far, but he never directly mocked anyone. You painted it that way. Neither Beefy nor I insulted anyone's faith. We simply tried to tell people about something we see as very important. We're trying to help. You're welcome.

L'Ryn wrote:
Yes, I admit Beefy went overboard. But you're perpetuating the matter.

As are you.

Now, wouldn't ANYONE like to go to the POST YOUR PET thread and join me in the GREATNESS OF KITTIES!?

*cat lover*
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 am

I personally try and keep religion out of my internet affairs, because as much as I believe in my own faith, it tends to really seperate people online. (I once met a guy online who was really nice and we got to be friends. If I had known from the start he was atheist, I might have never spoke to him)

And on a less serious note, people who tend to be overly religious tend to get eaten in Felarya. See Cult of Menyssan.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:41 am

I understand my fellow Christians are trying to spread the message, but this isn't the place, especially if there are thers who have different faiths who don't want to believe in another religion. That is one of the reasons why Churches were invented. To spread the word. Give the whole reigion thing a rest, people. Wecame here for vore and fun, not religious debates. END OF DISCUSSION!

((please do not post another topic or another reply about this entire topic))
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 pm

He loves you...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!   REALLY IMPORTANT! READ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REALLY IMPORTANT! READ!
Page 1 of 1