Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplaying, on a different level?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecleptomania
Tasty morsel
Ecleptomania

Roleplaying, on a different level? Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Well, hello.

I just joined this Forum, after watching Felarya (through the Wiki) for some time, and through the work of (Mostly Karbo) some Deviantartists.
I'm a fasioned roleplayer, I've help CM many Textbased, Roleplaying sites. And I also play paper Roleplaying games on a regular basis.
Of what I've seen now, and considering how much I really like it at the moment, I could devote my life to Felarya.

I would want to know, who to talk to, and who to discuss with, if one were to create an Old Fashioned RPG of Felarya, that means, a paper Roleplaying game.
I could also talk to some friends of mine and see if they are interested in creating a Textbased-RPG-Site where you could store RPG charaters under different accounts, and play in different environments, of course the later is not my field of work.

What I really want with this thread, is to see..
Would a "real" RPG of Felarya be appreciated?

As I said, I have lots of work with RPG, I've played most of the modern RPG's (as well as old) that are Swedish, and some English, and I have had a hand in some of them, that would say the creation of some, concerning rules, locations and races (These are my favorite fields of work). I've talked to some friends, before I posted this forum, and they said (including me).
If a Roleplaying game, full with Rules, Races, Locations, Lore you name it.. Would be a want factor, of atleast 20 different people, and If we got the concent of creating this RPG (ofcourse with much help of the original creators of Felarya) we could do this all for free, no charge, and distribute this to any and all who would like to play it... That is ofcourse, suggesting that Felarya's original creators doesn't want cash for copyright or anything...

I hope that atleast someone will find this interesting, and I hope that we can work together to create on of the worlds, most fascinating RPG's (Atleast I think so)..

Thank's for your time, I hope that someone will like it.

P.S.
I hope I haven't made a complete fool of myself (That would be, if there already exisited a RPG and I didn't know of it, or something as such).. *Blush*

//Anthony "Kitten" Raveneye
Back to top Go down
http://ecleptomania.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:50 pm

A pen-and-paper style Role Playing System was started a while back on this forum - several times I think - but each time it has died. If you get the chance, you can try to contact those who worked on them earlier [Silent Eric I know was one of them] to see if they gave up on their projects. If so, you might be able to have them send you what they worked up until and use that to save time.
Back to top Go down
Ecleptomania
Tasty morsel
Ecleptomania

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:20 am

Malahite wrote:
A pen-and-paper style Role Playing System was started a while back on this forum - several times I think - but each time it has died. If you get the chance, you can try to contact those who worked on them earlier [Silent Eric I know was one of them] to see if they gave up on their projects. If so, you might be able to have them send you what they worked up until and use that to save time.

Okay, so I'm not the first one to suggest this kind of Project then?
Let's say that they abbandoned the project, then I will not use their progressed work, not because I think it'll be bad or anything, just because if me and my friends do this, we will begin from scratch and use the help of this forum to create the PnP RPG. Ofcourse, as earlier said, we have to know that atleast 20 people are interested in this, and that some of them might be willing to help realizing the project. Even so, I still need concent of Original owners of Felarya, before doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Ecleptomania
Tasty morsel
Ecleptomania

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 am

The main thing about the RPG is to create a game that is easily played, for roleplayers whom likes to investigate a world, Adventurers and Magicians trying to explore an unknown world, maybe creating a village or to in the wilderness, taming the area around them. And whilst the players seek treaure, honour or maybe themselves in the depths of Felarya, they always have the Predatory-races to fear. We are not talking about rabid-Bears running towards you in the forest.. Every step in this world would be with great care, who knows when you are unlucky enough to wake a Farie or even a Naga? Will you hide or run?
Back to top Go down
Darkfire destiny
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Darkfire destiny

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:00 am

I've got experience as a player and a game master. I'm willing to try to help as much as I can. It sound's fun.
Back to top Go down
http://g-cat.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:29 am

Well, I really dont have a lot of experiance with paper RPGs, I really only RP in the instant messengers, but im willing to help. Felarya is a huge world with a lot of potential for this sort of thing. So, I'd be glad to help you come up with ideas for the RPG. So yeah, feel free to get in touch with me of you want ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Well I am glad on your interest on this world ^_^
This sounds like and ambitious project ! As long as it's not commercial, feel free to use Felarya at your leisure Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Ecleptomania
Tasty morsel
Ecleptomania

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:22 am

Karbo wrote:
Well I am glad on your interest on this world ^_^
This sounds like and ambitious project ! As long as it's not commercial, feel free to use Felarya at your leisure Smile

I thank you my Dark Queen, and I assure you, when this project is done, Felarya will come alive on a whole different level. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying, on a different level?   Roleplaying, on a different level? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying, on a different level?
Page 1 of 1