Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New book project.

Go down 
+11
nksrocks
melancholy-melody13
Sephimink|Kyle
xlrp
GREGOLE
lami
Karbo
mangamastermind
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
SLR
15 posters
AuthorMessage
SLR
Tasty morsel
SLR

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Hi,

I've spoken to Karbo already about this, and it looks like we're going to start doing it, so I thought I'd start a topic here on the Felarya forums to get some feedback.

Essentially I'm going to be doing something similar to Crisis and Scarecrow. A full-length novel, published through Lulu. I've read Crisis and Scarecrow, and I've also read the critique of it on Eka's. I think it was a great effort, with a lot of potential. I'm actually a published author (though I'm not going to give my name beyond my initials of SLR - my vore fetish coming out would be immensely embarrassing I suspect) and I'm planning on treating this book the same as any other work I'd do, with drafts and editing, and proof-reading.

So far I'm committed to using original characters, set in Felarya's world and with occasional cameos and appearances by existing characters. I'm also going to be doing it in the first person perspective, from the point of view of the main character. It's going to have a lot of humour in it, and also a lot of vore, but the actual plot is still a work in progress whilst I research it and plan it out.

At some point I'm going to need a small group of trustworthy people to proofread and give me feedback. I'm going to be sending it as I go along to Karbo, but I really need other people to do it too, and I can't ask my usual manuscript proofreaders or editor for the same reason I'm not using my real name. If anyone would like to volunteer to read along, without telling ANYONE AT ALL what's in it, or even hinting at it, I need about four or five people with a good understanding of English and who can give good constructive criticism. You don't need an English degree, but obviously I need the feedback to be more than "this is awesome LOL" or "this sucks".

I'm hoping people will be up for this idea. Karbo seems really enthusiastic, and I am too. I definitely plan on doing it properly and writing something that does Karbo's art and Felarya justice, and that people buying it won't feel cheated by.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Hmm... well, you never know how it'll turn out unless you go for it. I say go for it.

I hope to see it.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:50 pm

good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:51 pm

good luck with it. hope it turns out well!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:02 pm

I am really looking forward to it, you kinda hooked me here Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:23 pm

SLR wrote:
Hi,

I've spoken to Karbo already about this, and it looks like we're going to start doing it, so I thought I'd start a topic here on the Felarya forums to get some feedback.

Essentially I'm going to be doing something similar to Crisis and Scarecrow. A full-length novel, published through Lulu. I've read Crisis and Scarecrow, and I've also read the critique of it on Eka's. I think it was a great effort, with a lot of potential. I'm actually a published author (though I'm not going to give my name beyond my initials of SLR - my vore fetish coming out would be immensely embarrassing I suspect) and I'm planning on treating this book the same as any other work I'd do, with drafts and editing, and proof-reading.

So far I'm committed to using original characters, set in Felarya's world and with occasional cameos and appearances by existing characters. I'm also going to be doing it in the first person perspective, from the point of view of the main character. It's going to have a lot of humour in it, and also a lot of vore, but the actual plot is still a work in progress whilst I research it and plan it out.

At some point I'm going to need a small group of trustworthy people to proofread and give me feedback. I'm going to be sending it as I go along to Karbo, but I really need other people to do it too, and I can't ask my usual manuscript proofreaders or editor for the same reason I'm not using my real name. If anyone would like to volunteer to read along, without telling ANYONE AT ALL what's in it, or even hinting at it, I need about four or five people with a good understanding of English and who can give good constructive criticism. You don't need an English degree, but obviously I need the feedback to be more than "this is awesome LOL" or "this sucks".

I'm hoping people will be up for this idea. Karbo seems really enthusiastic, and I am too. I definitely plan on doing it properly and writing something that does Karbo's art and Felarya justice, and that people buying it won't feel cheated by.
Id probably never buy it or tellpeople about it, and I'm reasonable about crituqe if you arent looking for grammar that is, given the limited scope of people who would buy such a book, having someone wouldnt buy the book reading it would be preferable, since that leaves out customers who might never pick it up if they read it once already. With or without me though I'm sure you'll get a great ammount of people willing to read along.

please dont take this as some kind of offence the truth is even though there are many things in my life ive never been one to buy things just because i want them.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:21 pm

I don't expect to get in, but being a major grammer nazi and being one to go over stories and work on helping people with them on almost a daily basis, I'd be more than up for a proofreading spot.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:10 am

SLR wrote:
Hi,

You would be surprised, Some of the world most popular characters that came from a fetish.

SLR wrote:

I may not be the ideal guy. However if who can give and in depth look at things then I'm open if you need me.

SLR wrote:

Remember you just got get down and remain true to what you want. With that in mind keep on doing what you do.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:32 pm

It would be an honor to be able to proof-read and critique your novel. I'm not sure if I qualify for the title of "trustworthy" as I'm fairly new to this community (and for that matter, Vore itself). I would completely understand if you felt that I am not known enough to be trusted with such sensitive material, but I sincerely hope that whomever you choose to provide you with the necessary advice and support will be the best that you can find.

All things aside, I look forward to seeing a new published novel. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
SLR
Tasty morsel
SLR

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:47 pm

Well, in all honesty Sephimink, I'm fairly new and unknown myself around here. I've lurked for years without having the courage to talk about my fetish with even like-minded people.

@XLRP, that's generally good advice when writing anything, and I've done that before. I'm going to treat this the same way as any book I'd submit to my agent or editor. At the moment I'm in the process of researching the story, and plotting a basic storyline.

Thanks everyone offering to help, I'll let people know when I have more than just a stack of loosely coherent notes to show.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:18 am

SLR wrote:
Hi,

Well I'm not great at proofreading so I'm just gonna look forward to when this comes out and I'll be sure to buy and read it ^^
btw nice signature XD
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 am

Sorry I can't help, for english ain't my primary language... =_=

But this idea sounds great, really.

I'll wait up for further news on it
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
SLR
Tasty morsel
SLR

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:12 pm

Quick progress update - I know I haven't been seen in a few weeks, what with Christmas (I know I'm online New Year's Eve, hush), but I've been pretty busy planning out the story.

So far I have basic characters, a basic plot, and enough of a bare-bones structure that I'll start writing before too long. The main characters (both original) are going to be a human male and a female naga, which seems a common enough concept in vore stories, but I'm going to have their dynamic work a little different to most of the stories I've read. I think my naga is going to be unique compared to all the other ones I've read about so far. The plot too is pretty different. With what I have planned, the story will have some depth to it, rather than simply be something for vore fetishists to get off on. I want voreaphiles to get off to it, but it's going to have to work as a legitimate fantasy story too for me to be happy charging people for it and not posting it for free like any other one. Who knows, maybe it'll even have some appeal to people outside our fetish.

When I have more, this will be the first place to hear it.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:29 pm

SLR wrote:
Quick progress update - I know I haven't been seen in a few weeks, what with Christmas (I know I'm online New Year's Eve, hush), but I've been pretty busy planning out the story.

So far I have basic characters, a basic plot, and enough of a bare-bones structure that I'll start writing before too long. The main characters (both original) are going to be a human male and a female naga, which seems a common enough concept in vore stories, but I'm going to have their dynamic work a little different to most of the stories I've read. I think my naga is going to be unique compared to all the other ones I've read about so far. The plot too is pretty different. With what I have planned, the story will have some depth to it, rather than simply be something for vore fetishists to get off on. I want voreaphiles to get off to it, but it's going to have to work as a legitimate fantasy story too for me to be happy charging people for it and not posting it for free like any other one. Who knows, maybe it'll even have some appeal to people outside our fetish.

When I have more, this will be the first place to hear it.
It sounds very promissing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:31 pm

SLR wrote:
voreaphiles
[...]
Who knows, maybe it'll even have some appeal to people outside our fetish.
The later would include me. Problem is finding a way to aquire said book with my currently... 'limited' funds (Yes, my Christmas stash is already gone).
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Ooh - an update.

I would hope that it wouldn't be solely focused on vorish display, as it would strictly limit the size of your audience. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I read a lot of fan-fictions based on Felarya not solely for any potential Vore scenes, but for a coherent and structured story. With a good enough plot behind any Vore, you could certainly attract a wider spectrum of people.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:03 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
I don't expect to get in, but being a major grammer nazi and being one to go over stories and work on helping people with them on almost a daily basis, I'd be more than up for a proofreading spot.

You're not the only one Gregole.

Yes, I too may very well be going through things and helping to correct your grammar. Beware, I've been known to be harsh and somewhat brutal in my critiques as well as my corrections. You best pray Gregole gets to you before I... Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:28 pm

I can't wait to read it ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 am

as a wannabe writer i would be happy to offer critique if only to simultaneously improve my own writing XD I can tell from your wish to make it a story about new original characters set in felarya that it is going to be a great story. I know some people are good at writing others characters, but I really feel a character being written by its creator... adds that special something to them^^

Best of luck ^^
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:53 am

Looking forward to it ... the idea sounds nice and I would reading the story for you but I think my English is too bad for this ^^.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New book project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book project.   New book project. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New book project.
Page 1 of 1