Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream

Go down 
+7
bigman27622
mikeimp
ZionAtriedes
Outlaw
Reptillian
lami
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Oooh, this site seems relevant to my interests.

And yeah, the mechanics in VRPG would definitely not be suitable for a more serious project, but I think the main problem with VRPG has something to do with the installer not being compatible with versions of Windows besides XP.. not sure why all of that stuff is neccesary anyway.

I like the idea of creating a new setting for the game. What kind of ideas do you have for the area layouts and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:59 pm

The Rev wrote:
Oooh, this site seems relevant to my interests.

And yeah, the mechanics in VRPG would definitely not be suitable for a more serious project, but I think the main problem with VRPG has something to do with the installer not being compatible with versions of Windows besides XP.. not sure why all of that stuff is neccesary anyway.

I like the idea of creating a new setting for the game. What kind of ideas do you have for the area layouts and whatnot?
the idea is now centered around 3 levels in a world, one is sort of a world map, that is, from your players perspective, very blank and hazy, you walk around this map with a line of sight, and that area is full of color, and shows the world as it is, the main point of this overworld map is that with it, you aren't limited to the areas that will inevitably exist and have to be built. new areas and features can be squished in just about anywhere theres a node,

there will be a few starting features and a good deal of premade areas that the player has access to on this world from the beginning, but none of them are assured existence forever like the towns that you seen in modern areas, mostly designed as outposts with enough armaments to fend off attacks to give players who aren't too interesting in dungeon crashing or vore, a nice safe haven to say, start up a clothing shop, not that a particular organized offensive couldnt crush those dreams. this and a few big locations will be already accessible if not visible on everyones map, but they might find or create new areas themselves, lets say your an adventurer, and you up and climb a mountain, fighting off a few harpies or something, and you're perplexed by a rock that you've never seen before, it seems to have an almost watery reflectiveness to it, turns out you're the first person to discover workable metal, you can name it, save the location, and even start building a nice mining outpost, unless someone stumbles into it by random chance however, they wont ever find it unless you tell the people the locations and share them. this is generaly good if you dont want just everyone to know where it is; like a raiding party

beyond that, the second layer is the editing level, unlike the player view which is the third level, this wide spectrum view allows you the ability to construct on a more broad scale. although small scaling is possible, generally, you only want to do this if you have money and labor at your disposal, although a talented individual can go it alone. but for another set of the game, the story/log section, it has a self visible layer that can give you notes, there are some tools, but you can draw virtualy anything on the map since it doesn't effect anything but the logs, that is, the text and even records that capture you're entire struggle, these can be edited into a story or preserved in an out of game library, showing the whole world of your exploits. since you can become a major historical figure in this game, people might actually want to read about you. not that an interested historian might want to make his account of your tale, Imagine playing a part in homers Illiad

Finaly the meat of it all, the player level, with the exception of the preconstructed areas, the 'neccesities' so to speak, most areas might be randomly generated, although, with enough time and man power, we might be able to construct more, like interesting landmarks or just more detailed configurations, dungeons and possibly and ancient history for you to unlock. movement in this is entirely unrestricted to most extents, you can move anywhere as long as you pass the appropriate skill check, swim for water for example. there might be consequences for failure though. while there are an assortment of standard actions players will be able to interact in their environment in a deep way, plant corps, harvest trees, drag rocks, the whole assortment of assets (that is, things that exist in the game) will run through a huge database system so that if you have a rope, you can tie it onto anything with enough skill and length of the rope. there will be monsters and there will be fighting and there will be vore, but i wanted to bring back a sense of exploration and wonder, chances are if you wind up in a nagas tummy, I want it to be much more likely that you where looking at some interesting ruins in the ground than trying to get inside her.

as before, combat will be turn based, although if it ever gets popular enough, i might have to do something special for mass combat.

thats pretty much how the world is organized, I haven't thought of any particular shape yet, as i am not really a geologist, i hope to speak a little to one to figure out how this world would behave. the goal of this game was never just vore, but thats less to do with karbo expanding his universe and more of my dissatisfaction with most hentai 'games's 'game' portion
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:05 pm

I really like the concept that you have so far. I also think it would be wise to keep the game as a whole in mind when planning the basic structure, so that development is easier and performance is optimal. I really wish more people would do that.

Also, the turn based concept is somewhat generic, and maybe combat could work out if it weren't completely static, or completely real-time, but something in between, so that it's not hectic and confusing, but still requires some skill and doesn't get boring.

"...than trying to get inside her."
Hehehe

So vore is definitely going to be an important in-game concept when encountering predators?
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:58 pm

The Rev wrote:
I really like the concept that you have so far. I also think it would be wise to keep the game as a whole in mind when planning the basic structure, so that development is easier and performance is optimal. I really wish more people would do that.

Also, the turn based concept is somewhat generic, and maybe combat could work out if it weren't completely static, or completely real-time, but something in between, so that it's not hectic and confusing, but still requires some skill and doesn't get boring.

"...than trying to get inside her."
Hehehe

So vore is definitely going to be an important in-game concept when encountering predators?
for the first things, i have been thinking a lot about the game as a whole, this isn't near all i have planned, however, I'm only really skilled in design theory, so managing assets and how to organize and acquire resources isn't a particular skill i've sharpened, Personally, I went with Turn based because i cant see a twitch based game giving you time to be aroused, i want to show that you can marry erotica and videogame with more than terrible results, I was hoping to make combat work something along the lines of ToEE, but if you have any interesting suggestion that could improve combat let me know.

as for something in between, that sounds a lot like current MMORPG combat, and i hate to disappoint you, but i find it uninvolved and abhorrent. if you mean something like the automatic attacking and hotkey skills that dominate the current MMO market, I can safely say this wont be a part of this game.

Most creatures will tend to want to eat you yes, but there will be other creatures who attack with less than a meal on their minds.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, automatic combat isnt what I had in mind, I don't think it's much better, but what I think you could do well with is coming up with a more or less unique system of combat, not really based completely on a certain precedent. It would have to take some brainstorming I suppose..

I have another idea, but It might be harder than I think. You could take the idea of combat like the boss battles in most Kirby games (it's the best example I can think of, though I think the original Megaman was also like this) where a certain tactic would be needed to exploit the enemy's weakness, and this pattern would change as the battle progresses. This way, it wouldn't be the monotonous hacking-and-slashing of turn-based games and games like RuneScape and World of Warcraft, but more dynamic while still being consistent and easy to learn.

If the player is defeated, they fall victm to whatever the enemy has in mind (usually vore?), which could be a short or long animation, and then a game over/respawn. Also, I'm sort of unclear, is the game going to be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional?
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:29 pm

that depends on how long i wait for this to be done, if i'm doing it all myself, you can bet it will be 2 dimensional, but if i ever get into the position to have donation money or my own, I'll probably hire someone to add some 3d. ultimately while i would love to make it 3d on my own, I am not a competent modeler

as for your idea, I guess i cant really blame you for not understanding why that wouldn't work, Ultimately this is going to be a very stat heavy game, and combat will not be limited to a few people, with the system you suggested, not only would battles be quite hard to keep track of (think of an 8 player smash bros game) but it would make combat unfair to people with a lesser amount of gaming skill, in addition, while i like kirby battles, i still don't see how someone could be aroused with this level of intense game play.

Keep in mind that with this system, potential wars could be fought between neighboring cities, you cant fit armies into a single kirby battle,

while this is mostly lesser in my opinion if i thought it was a good idea, the extra amount of detailed sprite work and animation for this type of system would double my work load.

Combat isn't really going to be boring, but I agree that it wont be as satisfying as a real time combat game such as megaman, for a gamer like yatzee this certainly wont be for them, it's much slower paced and you're going to have a hard time finding anything made of metal in the beginning. the focus is much different than on just combat and vore, although there will be quite a bit of vore to be found if you're into it. =3

as for respawn, well, it will be available for those who really really want it, its generally going to be a hard kick in the balls, respawns mean that your characters equipment that she had on her at the time is more or less gone and free to pick up (or trapped inside a monsters belly) there will probably a physical penalty of some kind, but i'm a little leery of a XP one, and in addition, there will be a down time, You'll never be able to respawn untill 24 hours have passed with that character real time, this is mostly to prevent people who can respawn from rejoining a battle, Dying in battle should have reprecussions, and even for people who want respawning, I'd rather avoid situations where it can be taken so lightly,

if it seems a little unfair, just remember, everyones character can have a huge impact on the world, if you're able to respawn, thats a huge advantage, you can do more dangerous things with less repercussions, that soldier guarding the gate cant respawn, if hes taken down you're going to need a new guard, So its important to avoid situations where you have someone with respawn, greifing NPCs and players without some risk on their part, theres no rule that you cant be an evil bastard in this game, but your actions should have consequences, a chance for you to take over a city and rule the area is also the chance for another adventuring party to defeat you and be heros of the town.

The two other respawn options are none at all, and rolling up a Similarly experienced character thats new.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, I did forget that stats would be involved. I think something else that's bothering me is that if a player (me) would be seeking to get vored by a high level creature, would they be forced to spend time training in order to reach this point? It would probably be a good idea if there were lots of available options for someone who is suicidal, without really increasing acess to high level stuff, because death would be inevitable at that point anyay... stop me if im not making sense here, lmao

Also, its been a while, so I don't know if I said this already (hope I didnt), but make sure you aren't going to try to apply 3D models to a 2D medium, because the result is usually always sloppy.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 am

of course not, character creation isn't suited for this since your character just being created actually affects the world but no ones going to stop you from getting eaten if your suicidal, heck, its been discussed before that if the guard finds out you can respawn, they might capture you and use you as a snackrifice.
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:54 am

Well I am making a somewhat felarya based gamr...though I donno if it is anything you descibed >.<
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:33 am

kikijonson wrote:
Well I am making a somewhat felarya based gamr...though I donno if it is anything you descibed >.<

This thread is two years old, and Lami hasn't visited the forum since December 2009. It seems a little late to reply...

Locking. (I can unlock if Lami returns and there's interest in reviving this discussion.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream   the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the vore RPG, or it came to me in a dream
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2