Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Assassins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 pm

With my character being in Felarya, thanks to my stories, he's an assassin in Felarya, and considering that my story states that he was born in Felarya, but grew up on earth, that kinda makes him a Felaryan Assassin, but that's not even part of the point. The question is, would it be possible for assassin's guilds to exist in Felarya(in Human cities, also Assassins are different from bounty hunters, a bounty hunter captures or kills for pay, an assassin will only kill, and sometimes for free)?
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:15 pm

I would honestly stay away from something like this if you cant come up with these things on your own,
even if they might already exist, it sounds like you havent put enough thought to why your characters an assassin
or even their morals concerning their buisness
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Daejien wrote:
With my character being in Felarya, thanks to my stories, he's an assassin in Felarya, and considering that my story states that he was born in Felarya, but grew up on earth, that kinda makes him a Felaryan Assassin, but that's not even part of the point. The question is, would it be possible for assassin's guilds to exist in Felarya(in Human cities, also Assassins are different from bounty hunters, a bounty hunter captures or kills for pay, an assassin will only kill, and sometimes for free)?
First: Change the name from Earth. Seriously, there's like a dozen of them connected to Felarya as is. Before bringing in 2/3 of the rest of the stories.
Second: There is no real 'guild' for Assassins, and it makes sense. Assassin Guilds are a thing of popular culture for the most bit, because they would not be that effective outside of pre-created scenarios. The closest to an Assassin's Guild is the Seekers of Sineria, and they work for the Dridders to hunt what they point out - not just kill willy-nilly. Which brings me to...
Third: Assassins do have a purpose for their killing. Often times it is either they were hired to do the job, or they have a political / social motive to their killing. Going around killing random high-ranked people because "it's a challenge I enjoy"? That's not Assassin, that's a murderer that likes to test themselves.

Any Assassin Guild anyways that's in a major human city is likely to have had the members hand-picked by their city's leader based on loyalty and skill - in that order. So just showing off skills and being like "Can you top that?" would work poorly to enter the guild. Provided joining the guild is what you intend to do.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Malahite wrote:

Second: There is no real 'guild' for Assassins, and it makes sense. Assassin Guilds are a thing of popular culture for the most bit, because they would not be that effective outside of pre-created scenarios.
What about the Hashashin?
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:47 am

well, I admit that this is full of holes, a lot of them, but then again I only got 45 minutes of sleep the night before I posted this, and I got thirty at school after I finished my history final... so sorry about that... heh.

But now that I've gotten more sleep, the real question comes up, would it be possible for there to be assassins in Felarya?

And to lami... Daejien is an assassin because his family has been assassins for generations, dating back to 1500s, he also doesn't like his job, so he never takes a contract and he betrayed those that trained him in the deadly arts, but he still uses them, because they make him that much skilled at fighting(he uses an Ansatsuken as a fighting style), and if need be, killing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felaryan Assassins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Assassins   Felaryan Assassins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Assassins
Page 1 of 1