Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iris 'Dragons'

Go down 
+3
Pendragon
L'Ryn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Iris 'Dragons'/Irisians

Iris Dragons are not actual dragons per se. They have four wings where the legs could have been, and small arms and hands on their underbellies for grabbing up prey (males have slightly bigger and longer hands for mating reasons). Their bodies are long and serpent like, and their faces are covered in fur instead of scales (although upon closer inspection, there are scales on the face, just not noticable ones). When the need arises, they will travel on the ground on their bellies similiarly to snakes. Their traveling strength lies within their flight though. Iris Dragons are legendary for their speeds (they can go from lazily cruising to streaking across the sky at 197 MPH in two minutes), along with the acrobatics they preform while moving at such speed. Magic is relatively uncommon in Iris dragons beyond dimensional transportation, but it does happen. Iris Dragons come in a variety of colors, but females are more often a brighter hue then the males.

Iris Dragons are born in broods. The strongest of the Iris Dragons the Brood Mothers (growing to a length of 509 feet, tip of the nose to the tip of their tails), then the Travelers (which are younger Brood Mothers, around 79 feet most often), the Princes (actual set length, they die very quickly), and then the Workers (10 feet). The Brood Mothers are large Iris Dragons, and old ones as well since they become sexually mature on their four hundredth year, if they survive their years as Travelers. Travelers are young Brood Mothers who seek out new territories to raise their own brood, leaving the safety of their mothers to go through the world of Iris and through dimensions to find their own territory. Princes are male dragons who upon maturity (in their fifty second year) also leave their Brood Mother and travel to mate with Travelers. Workers are smaller females who's primary duties are to feed the Brood Mother, build the nests, and serve as soldiers to the Brood Mother should she come under attack. Workers have no mind or free will of their own, being connected to the Brood Mother in a 'hive mind' essentially.
There is always the chance though that a paticularly older Worker may develop a mind of it's own and attempt to rebel against the Brood Mother, so Brood Mothers often eat Workers who are older then one hundred years. '

Brood Mothers are often raging war amongest each other, trying to expand their nests wider, or trying to gain access to a plentiful food source. Brood Mothers will also actively seek out Travelers near their lands and eat them to eliminate competition.

If a Brood Mother becomes paticularly powerful, she is called a Brood Queen. Brood Queens often have control of entire planets, are immense in size, and are extremely powerful as their name would suggest.

Travelers and Princes have the ability to go through dimensions and cross through space, but once a Traveler settles down she loses that power, while a Prince will continue for as long as he lives (Princes however, often try to kill each other upon meeting).

Iris Dragons are not very welcome on Felarya, however, because of an event which happened shortly after the destruction of Ur-Sagol.

Spoiler:

One Iris dragon, Imma, has a giant draconic-human form and uses it more then her real body exactly for that reason. This suggests that Iris Dragons might have shape shifting capabilities.

Trivia:
They are not dragons, but a man named Fiful Glump named them as such, and the name stuck. They prefer being called 'Irisians' instead, and the best way to get into their stomach is to call them a 'dragon'.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:42 am

Uh oh! You said the "D" word! Prepare for imminent flaming!!!!!!!

*ducks for cover*
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:04 pm

I don't see why I should be afraid.
They aren't really dragons.
They're closer to snakes with wings.
GREGOLE holds no bearing on my creative process.
Back to top Go down
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Trust me i tried to get ppl to create dragons and ppl totally REJECTED it. Once Gregole sees this, he's sure to freak. Prepare to run, people!
Back to top Go down
http://0332288.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:44 pm

0332288 wrote:
Trust me i tried to get ppl to create dragons and ppl totally REJECTED it. Once Gregole sees this, he's sure to freak. Prepare to run, people!
It's not all people who rejected it.

Personally, I think it's an interesting idea, I don't see why they will be a flaming for it. It would be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 pm

0332288 wrote:

They are NOT real dragons! Dragons are reptiles with four legs and wings!

You don't get people to create things, lol. XD
Please use proper spelling, it irks me slightly when people use chatspeak beyond the 'lols' and such.

Quote :
It's not all people who rejected it.

Personally, I think it's an interesting idea, I don't see why they will be a flaming for it. It would be ridiculous.

Thanks Gwada.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:55 am

I think it's less of a dragon and more of a wyvern.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:17 am

Even closer to a flying python or boa (I know at least one of those has a pair of claws on its underbelly, not sure which). Originally, dragons referred to a snakelike creature, and very early on the words may have been interchangeable. I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Y'all wanna quit talking about me behind my back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iris 'Dragons' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iris 'Dragons'   Iris 'Dragons' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iris 'Dragons'
Page 1 of 1