Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What bugs you

Go down 
+6
Feadraug
Karbo
Pendragon
Byakugan01
Vaderaz
Haar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:29 pm

It has come to my attention that there are not nearly enough creepy-crawly type insects in Felarya (There are the big ones, but those aren't creepy-crawly so much as eaty-disembowely). So, here are some creepy-crawlies:

Love Bug:

Size: 3-5 cm
Appearance - Long and slender abdomen with a bulbous head and six legs
The venom from its bite causes increased hormone and endorphin production, resulting in extremely strong feelings of love for anything the afflicted sees. This is very bad as:
1. The afflicted will fall in love with anything living, regardless of gender, even if that thing is a plant.
2. The love is not mutual.
3. The afflicted tend to be very expressive with their love...
Fortunately, there are positives:
1. The Love Bug cannot fly.
2. The Love Bug is non-aggressive and only bites in self-defense.
3. The venom tends to wear off in 15-30 minutes in human-sized creatures.

Black Skin-Diver

Size: 2-2.5 inches
Appearance - Beetle-like, mostly round
Remember that scene from the first Mummy movie where the bug goes into the guy's skin and you can see it crawling through the guy's arm? These behave much like that, except that instead of causing harm, they secrete an enzyme that eats toxins, cleansing the body of poisons. The insects themselves are harmless, and will die in the body, eventually making their way out through natural means. Still, it's creepy as hell to watch, and indescribably strange to experience.

Boom Bee

Size: 1-2 inches
Appearance - Wasp-like, but purple, and with a much longer narrow section and no stinger
Boom bees follow a typical hive mindset, with a queen-worker hierarchy. In fact, all of their behavior follows that of a typical bee. Instead of stinging, however, Boom bees explode. The explosion is not very powerful, a single Boom bee would be able to give a human a first degree burn, at most a light second degree burn. Unfortunately, though, Boom bees tend to travel in swarms. They are, however, relatively non-aggressive. 'Relatively' because they seem to have things besides just imminent threat that will set them off, but it can be weirdly specific. For example, it is known that if you cause harm to a flower with red petals in their presence, they will immediately attack you. However, if you harm a flower with any other color petals, they show no reaction.

Last edited by Haar on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes, i think Felarya "need" more of those kind of insects =)
I like the first one, but you may say that for human sized creature, this bug is a bit more dangerous , and specially in Felarya , deadly XD. (who knows what can happen during 30 minutes in Felarya)
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:58 pm

I assume faries make use of number two when they want a quick laugh. What if someone gets bitten by a swarm of them, btw?
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Byakugan01 wrote:
I assume faries make use of number two when they want a quick laugh. What if someone gets bitten by a swarm of them, btw?

The more of the 'poison' in the person's system, the more intense the effect. The duration only seems to increase by a few seconds, if at all, for each additional injection. Love bugs do not tend to travel in swarms, though.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Yes, it's always been "bugging" me how we didn't have such cool creatures before. Nice thinking with these creatures, Haar.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:45 am

haha those are great ideas ! I am ok with adding more insects to Felarya ^_^
Don't hesitate if you have more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:54 am

If fairies really hate bugs but there aren't many bugs... We need more to bug them! xD *looks at Kyria, who's visibly annoyed* Oops...

Anyway, I also agree with the fact that we need more insects of any kind and size around this world.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 pm

Fantastic ideas all around. I like how they're not all deadly, and have some real variety. The boom bees are my favorite. XP
Back to top Go down
MukatKiKaarn
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
MukatKiKaarn

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:47 am

I really like the second, the skin-diver... it makes a lot of sense, given the curative nature of the Felarian environment. ^^ Very nice ideas!
Back to top Go down
http://mukatkikaarn.deviantart.com
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Could I add an insect of my own?

Amber ants
Average size: 3-4 cm in length.
Habitat: Desert or arid climates
Danger Ranking: Low

Amber ants are tan colored, hive oriented ants that live in communities ranging in size from a few dozen to several thousands. Their name comes from the unique method of constructing hives. Rather than burrowing into the ground, they make tunnels above ground using a transparent yellow resin that they can secrete. These tunnels form massive, dome shaped, labyrinth like structures that can reach surprising sizes.

The Amber ants are strict herbivores, and live primary off of grasses and small plants. Indeed, they farm these grasses after a fashion. Any seeds they find are taken to special chambers within their dome hives, and deposited with collected soil. Other chambers in the hive collect dew, which is then carried to the soil as well. Any organic material that is not edible is used to fertilize the soil. Occasionally, they will swarm small animals that get too close and use their blood to water their seeds. In particularly large hives, humans fall under the small animal category.

It is believed that the ants originated in the Akaptor desert, where their method of building hives is an effective defense against the magical properties of the sand. Additionally, the ants are well suited to dry climates. They obtain all the water they need from metabolic sources and do not need to drink, and are particularly resistant to high temperatures.

The amber ants are peaceful by nature, and generally just scurry away from conflicts. However, if something is being particularly destructive or belligerent, they could suddenly find themselves swarmed by thousands of biting ants. However, one can generally get away with killing a few ants without incurring a reaction. The natives of the deserts use this to their advantage, taking only a few ants at a time until they have enough to start their own hive. The resin produced by amber ants is often used in jewelry, and the ants themselves are considered a delicacy among some communities.
Back to top Go down
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:09 am

Brilliant ideas, especially the boom bees. Good thing they don't really exist in our world.
*Visions a family going on a picnic when one of the children went to pick a flower for her collection. Suddenly, a swarm of boom bees descended from the heavens and formed a plane-shaped formation, smashing into the girl and exploding*
Back to top Go down
http://0332288.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

What bugs you Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bugs you   What bugs you Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What bugs you
Page 1 of 1