Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Akaptor desert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 am

The akaptor desert on the wiki seems a bit empty and someone on the irc mentioned that it needs more stuff http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Akaptor_desert

So i just made up some random creature for that area since i had nothing to do, you can use it or not if you want karbo

If theres anyother creatures like it then ill just remove this (since i dont really know much creatures in felarya anyway lol)

Sand Spirit
Size: Human Sized 4 - 6 feet

Akaptor desert Sandspiritfix
Btw its a sketchy pic, its not supposed to be good or anything, just moreso a visual representation

A Sand spirit is a spirit in the desert that takes on the form of a beutiful girl, their skin is a coloured almost similar to the sand that they have formed on,Their lower area is covered mostly by sand.

They either use seductive poses to lure explorers(lol like vivian yeah) and other people closer to them or pretend to be drowning in the sand and call for out for help to near by people, once they are in their range they use their own magic sand to creep on the victim and cause them to shrink to a size that they are able to eat, the sand carries them closer until they is able to pick them up and swallow them

any thoughts on it? (yes im not too good at writing bio's and info on things Crying or Very sad )

if anyone else wants to post creatures for this area go ahead

Last edited by macdaddy on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Outlaw

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:40 am

You said you were looking for things to place in the Akaptor Desert. Many people over IRC worked hard on this. Please add these into the Wiki

Kura - Desert Rock Crab (Hermit Crab)
Origin - Kurabu Meaning Crab Shorten to Kura meaning warehouse
Size - 6 to 14 inches
Description - A hermit crab, only it's shell looks like a rock. Reddish Tan Color. Typical one should have 6 legs, and 2 claws. Scavenger that's known for having tasty meat. Delicacy in some Neko cultures. Finger food for macro predators. Very territorial, will protect it's habitat at all costs. Patterned skin under shell. The body fills out most of the shell, the rest is used for storing water. Keep them from arthronode crabs by the ocean shore. They don't like other species of crabs very well

Credits

• Flarecobra
  • Kevin_L_S
  • _Alex
  • Outlaw

Vicis Humus (Time Ground)
Shifting quicksand that changes location and size. Its appearance is random and based on time movement. However stable the desert becomes, perhaps the reason it remains is because of its motion. It travels through possible past, present and future in a sense of something that never left. Its form is identical to normal sand. Instead of sinking into muck, the sand forms a circular portal and sucks an object in similar to a pair of lips drawing it the past. Its noted that sometimes Sand Elemental will mimic this idea camouflage their mouth, catching prey the old fashioned way.

Credits

• _Louis
  • Ventus (Outlaw)
  • Joshua_N

Time Oasis
Different resting spot in the desert that vary in color and structure. They exist long enough to remain stable however they are actually a constant move of information from the past. The reason for their appearance is based on the idea they are actually from a separate periods in time, and have adapted in unique ways. An interesting thing to note it that by residing in one long enough a time window becomes available, this usually occurs as it moves into the past. When looking into the pound at this moment there is an opportunity to view images from a different points in time. However, this only occurs when the Oasis itself is unstable because it is moving through time at different rates. Time oasis are unique and the fruit surrounding them can be random ranging from oranges to citrus, watermelons or pumpkins and even some original. Are you still unable to find one, please reconsider that blue cactus about two miles back, as unusual colors are also a feature.

Credits

• Ventus (Outlaw)
  • Sean_Okotami
  • Daejinen
  • Pendragon
  • _Louis

Sprites of Time
Spirits resembling sprites and water elemental that live in an Oasis. They often peer into souls and judge whether someone has been good or bad. Based on the answer they will either let someone drink from the Oasis or devour them. However, they aren't bound by anything and may sometimes eat things just because they are hungry. The water varies in effect and by drinking it something becomes younger or older, while others unlock latent abilities speeding the time it takes to release them. Knowledge however isn't passed. Sprites use time based magic and the effects of the water are actually based off their own abilities. Their sizes are based off the Oasis they live in and add to their mass by using it. However, don't think this means one can't get any bigger as its not something to experience first hand.

Credits

• Ventus (Outlaw)
  • Sean_Okotami
  • Daejinen
  • Pendragon
  • _Louis

Warp Sandstorms
Sandstorms often created by living things such as wind elemental. They don't have the ability to move through time, however objects caught in it are randomly warped to somewhere else in the desert. It should be noted that Vulture Harpies scrounge under sandstorms and on rare occasion you might just be unlucky enough to see one in this type as well.

Credits

• Sean_Okotami
  • Daejinen
  • Pendragon
  • _Louis

Suna
The Suna are a minor desert race of birds that dive into the sand for movement. Their actions are similar to fish when they jump in and out of water. Its believed they lived long ago near the ocean and learned to use this pattern for catching underwater prey. As with most birds Suna are capable of flight and switch after resurface. Naturally they hold no immunity to the effects of time transportation however most wish they were as its very unsettling to see a giant bird suddenly burst from the sand out of nowhere. Strangely they do seem to have a sense of where the sand will take them, however its rumored they just like traveling through time too much to care.

Credits

• Outlaw

Last edited by Outlaw on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 am

Ohh great ideas here ! Thank you for helping to flesh out the zone Razz

just I don't understand the Vicis Humus and Time Oasis very well ^_^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Outlaw
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Outlaw

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:09 am

Vicis Humus
The time ground is simply quick sand which sucks you into another era.

Humus Explanation
Luis

Warp Sandstorm
For the sandstorms, because the sand no longer touches the shifting sand, it loses its ability to warp you through time, but instead warps you through space.

Sandstorm Explanation
Luis

Time Oasis
For the oasis the point is it moves it self and when it moves too slow or too fast it begins to break down into a mirage.

Oasis Explanation
Outlaw
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 pm

After reading this thread an idea for a creature pop into my head
haven't put much detail into it, don't know if it would be suit this but here it is

1Giant Antlion: height-50 to 80ft
short brief: Antlion spends most of it's life underground and stay in the same place til they die.
feeding habits: Antlions sense their prey through the ground by the thousands of hairs along it's body, when prey comes in range the Giant Antlion shakes the ground aggressively to make the prey fall down the pit into the mouth.

Giant Antlion = need to work up a better name
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Mhh yes this kind of sand trapping creature is a must I think ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm

*bows* to anyone that wonders Joshua_N is the name I take on the IRC... I don't speak this often but that is my real name... Joshua Nickells. Also outlaw... its Spelled Daejien(sorry, I have a thing for eastern names and well I know they can be a bitch to spell)
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Karbo wrote:
Mhh yes this kind of sand trapping creature is a must I think ^^

I'll try to think of a more suitibale name for it but i'm happy to see that you have taken intrest,
oh i have two new ideas aswell

1. Desert Elemental
short brief: The Desert Elemental is made up from fine sand which circles around a core of heated air,
the size of one can change depending on the temperture of the area, the cooler it is the smaller it gets (e.g night) and the hotter it is the larger it becomes (e.g day)

2. Camel centaur
short brief: The Camel centaurs migrate across the desert in search of water and food.
They can survive without water for a month and can survive three times longer without anything to eat( thanks to the fat reserves in their humps). They are kind to humans and would give them a lift to where they need to go, however they will eat the people they are helping if their on the brink of stravation.

hope you like these Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Akaptor desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akaptor desert   Akaptor desert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Akaptor desert
Page 1 of 1