Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The great desert

Go down 
+11
e.p.
nksrocks
observer88
GREGOLE
Rythmear
Cypress
Malahite
Icalasari
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Karbo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm

A very large zone far southwest of the map, past the great rocky field.
I want this desert to be particular but I don't know yet how ^^;
If you have ideas, just go ahead Razz

Yes, cactus dryads will clearly be in lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Could you make an oasis in the middle of it? That would be a relief.

...unless someone puts a cactus dryad there. Talk about a tough break.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm

I theory there is a possibility to find a human or neko civilisations, but the question it's how it has been developped.
As already known predators, there is rock harpies, sand Elementals. I think the race of the cobra naga moonlight-pendent is developping will love this space Very Happy
I think we can find some subspecies of already existing creatures like a desert dridders or fairies. It's classical but we are in Felarya, where there is human there is still a naga near Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Icalasari
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Icalasari

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Stone Mimics could work well here.

After all, they can take the shape of a rocky overhanging, providing shade. The SECOND the prey touches the stone, well, free and easy meal! X3

And Very Happy I am happy that the Cactus Dryad is making it!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Much of the predators would be suited for subterranean hunting?

I mean, it's either that, or the underground / cave-dwelling humans in the desert are well off.

Now, how 'dry' a desert are we speaking here? Are we speaking 'Not too bad' desert, or are we speaking 'Dune looks lush' desert?
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:04 pm

let me be the first to say... Lets NOT have anything resembling a worm from Arrakis.
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:04 pm

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but since it works so well with the theory of it, perhaps the desert could be the place of origin of the tunnel terrors I devised some time ago. It's in keeping with their hunting style - prey seeks shelter from the harsh sun beneath their boulder-like fingers, and then suddenly SNAP-GULP - gone.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Cypress wrote:
let me be the first to say... Lets NOT have anything resembling a worm from Arrakis.

Nothing wrong with worms - though they would be irritatingly powerful.
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Indeed, I just think that it doesn't fit Felarya. It might on the surface... but I just don't think it would fit well.
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:12 pm

I believe one story did introduce a species of naga-devouring superpreds of annelid nature, called "Sandwyrms".

Though they were more clearly modelled after graboids.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 am

Cypress wrote:

Oh yes I agree with that. I am seeking a way to make the zone original and to give it a special feel Smile
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:59 am

Do you want it to be a barren place - or to be civilized in some way?
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:10 am

Karbo wrote:
I am seeking a way to make the zone original and to give it a special feel Smile
Well, desert mantas are pretty original, but I've already seen such creatures on Rise of Legends and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

What about sand whales?
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
nksrocks

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 am

Apart the creatures ( I've got some tasty ideas but I want to develop them first ) I've thought about a dungeon thing Razz

An ancient arabian-shaped castle totally buried in the sand, the only entrance is the top of its higher tower, popping out when the wind moves the dunes.
And from there... it's a way down to hell. Mazes, traps, evil creatures and curses...

... yeah, somekind of prince of persia castle. With much horror and vore. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:18 am

Ohhh I like this ! great idea, I put it on my list Wink
Back to top Go down
e.p.
Tasty morsel

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:43 am

Four great towers, each 999 feet tall, standing in a diamond shape in the most barren and inhospitable location in the desert.
As one approaches the towers, an anti-magic effect gets stronger and stronger. Finally, at the door of any tower, even the simplest magic ceases to function, and magical beings are paralyzed by a constant throbbing pain.
The doors, composed of some mysterious material stronger than metal or stone, each have 18 keyholes. Although none of the doors are open, three of the four have keys placed in some of the holes (fourteen, ten, and two keys respectively). They may have been placed there by adventurers past who had found some of the keys scattered across Felarya.
The purpose of the four towers is not known, although rumors persist of the fabulous treasures that must be inside. Even the oldest records speak of the towers as ancient and mysterious, so they are likely thousands of years old, possibly older than human presence in Falarya.
Among the fairies, it is said that the towers are prisons for the traitorous children of the fairy queen Nemyra. Trapped atop the four towers in diminutive forms without their magic, they wait for curious mortals to free them so that they might unleash their malice upon the world.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Interesting idea Smile

Lol I saw something about prince of Persia : sand of time and now this gave me ideas about a time-based zone.. But how, I don't know yet ^^;
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Karbo wrote:
Interesting idea Smile

Lol I saw something about prince of Persia : sand of time and now this gave me ideas about a time-based zone.. But how, I don't know yet ^^;
I hope there won't be the consequence which happen in Prince of Persia: The Warrior within No
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:38 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Interesting idea Smile

I hope there won't be the consequence which happen in Prince of Persia: The Warrior within No
I think that was more of a "Seriously screw with time" thing than anything else. SPOILER:He WAS suppossed to die, afterall.

Anyways, I'd think the "sand touches you, you die" thing would have been kind of worse. I mean, a Naga that feels no pain?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Ah well to be frank I didn't played the game so there is little chance I make something similar ^_^
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Karbo wrote:
Ah well to be frank I didn't played the game so there is little chance I make something similar ^_^
It was juts a joke Very Happy
In the warrior within, the prince is hunted by a mysterious and invincible creature, you were like a naga chased by Crisis:lol:
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:

In the warrior within, the prince is hunted by a mysterious and invincible creature, you were like a naga chased by Crisis:lol:
I don't think Crisis would stop for a little bit of water.
Back to top Go down
Icalasari
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Icalasari

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Here is a creature I worked on exclusively for the Great Desert:

Phoenixa Felaryian

Size:
-Height - 500'
-Wing Span - 2500'
Threat: Special

A one of a kind bird, its feathers glow like the blazing sun itself. Yellow as the sands below, orange as the sky at sunset, and red as the rubies in the mountains. This great bird feeds once a century, devastating whole cities. It then goes to its perch, deep in the desert. If one is capable of surviving the horrors of the desert, and climb the giant stone it nests on, then they will be challenged to a riddle game. Three riddles to solve, all of which have been taught to the Phoenix by Chimeras. If one solves all three, then they must pluck a feather from its head before the sun rises or sets, whichever is nearer. Nobody managed this, and some say it may be another myth. This may have been confirmed by a harpy, who is quoted to have said, "Climbing that bird is a foolish task, meant for an idiot. Its head is as barren as the inside of your tiny skull!". Failing to correctly answer a riddle or to pluck the feather earns you a one way trip to its belly.

Completing the feather task allows them access to a great treasure: One wish from this magnificent bird. One can ask for anything, and it will come true. However, the bird is tricky, and could warp your wish. An example is that you could wish to be invincible to all preds. The bird could then eat you, saying that it is not a predator, it is a scavenger, eating what it can find.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:30 pm

Here is an odd ball idea. Take this and do what you will with it.

Mirage Oasis:

An Oasis with abnormal qualities. The center is lake of glass quick sand. The surround trees that permeate their own weather. The area contains a reverse atmosphere for a one mile radius. The area out side would be day and Oasis would night. This can be from a distance.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:49 am

Malahite wrote:
I don't think Crisis would stop for a little bit of water.
Yeah I know but the water was just a weakness they created to allow the player to save their progression in the games Very Happy

To Icalasari, the idea of the phoenix is interesting but the riddles and the of tricky wishes are already used by other predators like the sphinx sentinel or genies. The fact it destroy cities even once a century, I disagree with that because many of the predators of Felarya can do that without waiting this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The great desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great desert   The great desert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The great desert
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next