Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?

Go down 
+3
French snack
gwadahunter2222
itsmeyouidiot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Empty
PostSubject: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:37 am

Silent_eric and I were discussing hell and heaven yesterday on the chat, and he seemed to have some good ideas, but many of them made the afterlife seem too short and pointless. Could we please ignore him and make it seem better?

For example, he said that more people end up in hell than in heaven. I disagree. I want heaven to be easier to get into. As long as someone doesn't do anything atrociously evil, I belive they should get into heaven.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:28 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Silent_eric and I were discussing hell and heaven yesterday on the chat, and he seemed to have some good ideas, but many of them made the afterlife seem too short and pointless. Could we please ignore him and make it seem better?
I can understand you have a different opinion than him but ask in a thread to ignore him. It's not a good thing. No

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
For example, he said that more people end up in hell than in heaven. I disagree. I want heaven to be easier to get into. As long as someone doesn't do anything atrociously evil, I belive they should get into heaven.
Sorry for you it has already easier to go in hell than heaven for the reason heaven are very strict about the condition of admission, if we look at in many religions you have to have a specific way of life to reach an heaven and if you don't follow them all you go in hell. For example if you die eaten by a predator and you don't follow all rule of your religion the fact you have been eaten won't change anything.

And in overall hell accept everyone Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:12 am

I've always assumed that it was a matter of balance. That only those who are consistently cruel and malevolent go to hell. I.e., that (in this fictional setting) heaven is a soul's destination by default.

Though that's just my automatic assumption. I can't say I've given it much thought. The only time I've brought it up in a story is here, where an ex-demon reassures the soul of a recently deceased small naga:

Spoiler:

After all, I assume predators mostly go to heaven. And if heaven's doors open to you when you've devoured thousands upon thousands of people...

Given how variable and subjective Felaryan morals are, the criterion is probably whether you, as an individual, consciously and repeatedly did things you knew to be wrong. In that perspective, a fairy who gulps down lots of wriggly humans in happy innocence would be bound for heaven.

The alternative is for almost all Felaryans to end up in hell. Bleak.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:

Sorry for you it has already easier to go in hell than heaven for the reason heaven are very strict about the condition of admission, if we look at in many religions you have to have a specific way of life to reach an heaven and if you don't follow them all you go in hell. For example if you die eaten by a predator and you don't follow all rule of your religion the fact you have been eaten won't change anything.

And in overall hell accept everyone Evil laugh

...That gives me an idea.

I have this idea for an organization in hell that tries to help people who ended up in hell that they feel don't deserve it. They try to help those people cope with having to live in hell, and generally try to make things easier for the people they think don't deserve to be in hell. Any thoughts on this idea?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

I have this idea for an organization in hell that tries to help people who ended up in hell that they feel don't deserve it. They try to help those people cope with having to live in hell, and generally try to make things easier for the people they think don't deserve to be in hell. Any thoughts on this idea?

But the problem in what criteria this organization bases itself to say this people deserve or not to be in hell as this person ended here there are a reason behind it. And if their actions are not really good for the people they help if you are in hell you are for the eternity so no matter what this organizations will do it will be short-lived because when its actions will stop they will know the true conditions in hell because this organizations doesn't have the power to change it definitively they help and the number of newcomers in hell don''t stop to increase.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah, but some people could theoretically end up in hell for very minor crimes, like being slightly lustful.

These people don't really deserve to be in Hell, IMO.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Yeah, but some people could theoretically end up in hell for very minor crimes, like being slightly lustful.

These people don't really deserve to be in Hell, IMO.

Are you the authority who decides who deserve to go in hell or in heaven ? In overall people are sent in hell according the gravities of their sins. So this people who is slightly lustful will be send in the hell of the people who are slightly lustful. There is not one but many hell and each are suited according to the nature of their sin. If it exist a hell for the minor crimes people will commit minor crimes will go there.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor rephrasing)
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:28 am

Maybe those places for minor crimes aren't really such a bad place?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Maybe those places for minor crimes aren't really such a bad place?
in comparison to the other ones yeah maybe.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 am

Okay, could I get an idea of what to expect there, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 pm

If predators go to heaven for eating thousands, but a human doesn't because he accidentally took a penny from the "take a penny" jar, then I'm calling the racist card.

Stupid snobby dieties.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Pendragon wrote:
If predators go to heaven for eating thousands, but a human doesn't because he accidentally took a penny from the "take a penny" jar, then I'm calling the racist card.

Stupid snobby dieties.

The Predator Trinity. A religion that allows eating people, but in a certain way. If you eat thousands, and follow the tenets of your religion, then you go to heaven. That simple. If a human steals, and his religion allows it, then heaven. If you steal, and you shouldn't, then hell. That simple. Follow your own religion and go to heaven. Fail to do so, and hell.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:16 pm

But you are allowed some leniency, right?

I don't think people who commit very minor sins by their religion's standards should go to hell.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

I don't think people who commit very minor sins by their religion's standards should go to hell.

Depends on who finds them. If an angel finds the soul, then they will likely take it, if only to not let it go to hell. They dislike each other remember, so taking souls on the fence morally means less resources for the other side. But if a demon finds it first, then it goes to hell. A strongly positive soul, one that has been very good couldn't be taken by a demon of course, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Well their is such a thing as FORGIVENESS, which people tend to be forgetting.

If someone is truly sorry for what they've done and have tried to make up for it, they should be able to erase certain transgressions.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:

If someone is truly sorry for what they've done and have tried to make up for it, they should be able to erase certain transgressions.

The Felaryan Heaven and Hell have nothing to do with the divine. The angels look for positively aligned people. And demons look for negatively aligned people. Whether you are positive or negative depends on your thoughts and actions. They don't forgive, because they don't care. They aren't divine. They only want people because they feed on that positivity and negativity. It's black and white. People in the grey, which is most people, who have tried to redeem themselves, or have gone from good to bad, or just always acted neutrally could be picked up by either angel or demon. It just depends on who finds them first. In other words, transgressions aren't erased, they still linger. A demon could take you for something you have done, no matter what good you've done to counteract it, but they'd be less inclined to. And vice versa.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:00 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:

OK, I'm going to keep this simple. This is Felarya keep Religion and Religious values to yourself. This is about fun. If you can think of a fun and entertaining way to communicate that idea and share it with others then by all means do so.

Out side of that, do what you do. Post your idea and if people respond to keep the idea going, good idea. If not then bad idea.

As for the After life its all in what you make it. So, have fun go nuts. It's your idea. So lets hear it.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?   Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we please make the afterlife seem less bleak?
Page 1 of 1