Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage

Go down 
+24
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Lordmep
MrNobody13
aethernavale
Grave
Malahite
Jætte_Troll
French snack
JohnDoe
Darkstorm Zero
FalconJudge
Claire
Warrior3000
Archmage_Bael
SuperPieGuy9
codaman
ZionAtriedes
Karbo
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
Reptillian
dlausactor6373
alliance
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Empty
PostSubject: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:36 am

How would marrying a naga, mermaid (both human sized), or a fairy work?
Weird thought that popped into my head an hour ago.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 am

Well, there was a rumor that someone married a fairy.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:03 am

I would probably agree to live by the sea if it was a mermaid.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:20 am

i remember a story of someone who married a slug girl.... who the hell wrote that again?
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:59 am

Please include more information in your Topic name.
Something like:
Interspecies Weddings/Marriage/relationships
would have worked much better for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:28 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Something like:

Tweaked the title =P

I imagine the ceremony would be awkward as hell XD One aisle of huamns...the other, of the Pred's friends and family.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 am

rcs619 wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Something like:

Tweaked the title =P

I imagine the ceremony would be awkward as hell XD One aisle of huamns...the other, of the Pred's friends and family.
Thanks. Well, it would be nice to meet a mermaid's family lol
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Weird Thought   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am

......instead of hitting you with a frying pan, would she not just use her tail?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 am

Please don't create too many threads at once Aliiance ^^;

Mhh there has been some such cases actually. Mezzus is an human married to a fairy for example ^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am

I think the bigger question is the ability of species to procreate. By biological standards, the only species that can impregnate each other are those within the same genus, and only those of the same species can produce fertile offspring. I was actually ranting about that after watching "V" last night... no way that humans and reptilian aliens could procreate and make a half-lizard baby.

Anyways, I actually was going into this while I started writing my latest chapter a couple days ago. Convenient. Gehan humans and Gehan elves were known to procreate, and the offspring were often powerful casters and natural psychics. However, they were usually sterile and plagued with physical problems, and few lived long enough to reach maturity. And that's human-sized elves. I highly doubt a human and a giant pred could ever make a child.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Anyways, I actually was going into this while I started writing my latest chapter a couple days ago. Convenient. Gehan humans and Gehan elves were known to procreate, and the offspring were often powerful casters and natural psychics. However, they were usually sterile and plagued with physical problems, and few lived long enough to reach maturity. And that's human-sized elves. I highly doubt a human and a giant pred could ever make a child.

O_O holy shit... thank god eh?

rcs619 wrote:
I imagine the ceremony would be awkward as hell
XD One aisle of huamns...the other, of the Pred's friends and family.

I now pronounce you husband and... ummm... excuse me but your naga friend over there just ate your husband's uncle... O_o
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
I think the bigger question is the ability of species to procreate. By biological standards, the only species that can impregnate each other are those within the same genus, and only those of the same species can produce fertile offspring. I was actually ranting about that after watching "V" last night... no way that humans and reptilian aliens could procreate and make a half-lizard baby.
harpies and slug girls will mate with anything that has a di**
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:08 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:

Thats why i said HUMAN SIZED
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm

It's within the realm of possibility for a human and a predator to get married. After all we've seen David and Felecia from timing. And there are probably other cases that I don't know of at the moment.

However, the problem starts when said human and said predator meet usually...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:37 pm

I've posted questions like this consistently throughout my forum experience. I've been wondering this, because marriage is a main influence on the culture of every sentient species. A predator and a prey species marrying could cause a lot of benefits and problems.

Fairies probably have a very tight marriage ceremony actually. they appear to be relaxed and carefree, but remember they do have technology, books, organized magic, etc. mages in general are very tradition-oriented I think.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I've posted questions like this consistently throughout my forum experience. I've been wondering this, because marriage is a main influence on the culture of every sentient species. A predator and a prey species marrying could cause a lot of benefits and problems.

Fairies probably have a very tight marriage ceremony actually. they appear to be relaxed and carefree, but remember they do have technology, books, organized magic, etc. mages in general are very tradition-oriented I think.

Hmmm. Well, I wouldn't go as far to say "Marriage is important to every sentient species" necessarily, because, it boils down to how civilized said species is. Humans were once nothing but (more primal) animals, and therefor we didn't always have such a system of solidifying relationships ourselves until we could afford to put time into such things. It is my thinking that as far as most Felaryan species are concerned, even with intelligence they simply have more important things to do than worry about marrying.

Fairies are an exception, but please note my figuring of how civilization equates into that.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:
Hmmm. Well, I wouldn't go as far to say "Marriage is important to every sentient species" necessarily, because, it boils down to how civilized said species is. Humans were once nothing but (more primal) animals, and therefor we didn't always have such a system of solidifying relationships ourselves until we could afford to put time into such things. It is my thinking that as far as most Felaryan species are concerned, even with intelligence they simply have more important things to do than worry about marrying.

I stopped where you said "it boils down to how civilized said species is"

that's like saying the native amercains dont have marriage rituals because they're "less civilized" than us. It has no relevance to how civilized a species is, because a culture is a way that a species lives, everything they do from the food they eat, to how they socialize...everything.

Trust me, I take cultural anthropology. I hear this stuff all the time in class, it's just the way things are.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Warrior3000 wrote:

I stopped where you said "it boils down to how civilized said species is"

that's like saying the native amercains dont have marriage rituals because they're "less civilized" than us. It has no relevance to how civilized a species is, because a culture is a way that a species lives, everything they do from the food they eat, to how they socialize...everything.

Trust me, I take cultural anthropology. I hear this stuff all the time in class, it's just the way things are.

Then perhaps my wording was off. Is, "It depends upon how concerned said species is with said things." any better?

In a place where you're unlikely to make it ten feet out your door unless you're super prepared for the most unlikely assualt from a predatory creature, marriage would honestly be the last thing on my mind. As such, I find it difficult to wrap my head around the concept of such creatures as Nagas and the like having any real interest in putting aside time for it. Who is to even say such a concept is important to them in the first place? Most animals just mate for the sake of reproduction without any real bonding occurring beyond the fact that they're aiding one another in continuing the species.

Oh, and native americans were part of the human species as a whole, yes? Therefor, they fall into line under my new wording, and perhaps even the old depending upon how you interpreted that. Predators = Not human, therefor they do not have the same value system as us, nor necessarily the time to even devote to such things.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:53 pm

a response to everything you said would basically be "then that just makes marriage all that more vital".

Marriage/mating is an essential part to nature, lest you forget.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
a response to everything you said would basically be "then that just makes marriage all that more vital".

Marriage/mating is an essential part to nature, lest you forget.

But you seem to be stating that sex and marriage are one in the same. Untrue. A response to this could be: "Hit it and quit it."

See what I mean? There is a difference between intercourse for the simple sake of reproduction and marriage, which denotes some kind of deeper emotional bond.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 pm

that kind of relationship is mostly prevalent in sentients, like humans. maybe dolphins, they sex each other up for fun, but other than them, that's the only case i know of non-sentient beings doing that.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Bonobo chimpanzees. Absolute deviants. The Sodomites and Gomorrans of the animal world.

However, one could argue that both chimpanzees and dolphins are at least semi-sentient. They do show some very advanced cognitive processes. Nowhere near ours, of course, but still. It depends on where you draw the line of "sentience". Some might group canines, felines, and pigs into that exclusive little club.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Claire (dridder) marries a Naga and they create the ultimate race. Thats the ending to my story lol

true story.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Once again: the ability to create fertile offspring is in question. Or even sterile offspring.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Actually, I think interspecies romance would be very interesting. For some reason, I can't seem to help thinking that there would be a crapload of trust there... Being married to a woman who could kill you with a stern glance would take both extreme nerves and complete assurity that she wouldn't do so.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: