Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sapere Aude

Go down 
+9
Riverman
Irrelevant
Asuroth
Warrior3000
Anime-Junkie
French snack
Karbo
Oldman40k2003
aethernavale
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

Sapere Aude - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Last edited by aethernavale on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Shadeofheave
Naga food
Shadeofheave

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 am

I just finished reading the last (as of now) chapter. I've gotta say it was worth it, felt as if I were reading a published book, haha ^_^ Either way though, I hope to see more of Kaede and whether or not she's having inner conflicts. I also believe that there's more to Ion than what's been mentioned so far, can't wait to find out. Oh and SPOILER what Reya did was awful there at the end, in my opinion it was even unnecessary. Either way, what's done's done and thank you for your time again!
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 am

Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 am

A tad Very belated compliments. I've begun reading your story from the start so that I don't spoil anything and thus far I must say that your writing talent is undeniable. If you are not already a published author then I am left asking, why?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Great chapter here Smile

I must say Kaede's little experiment was very unexpected XP but somehow I think it makes sense, as a fairy. She's just proving her point in the most straightforward way possible ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Well I wanted to try now but a message tell me the site is in maintenance for 13 days O_o
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Replying to the latest part here, because your website won't let me comment without entering an e-mail address:

As ever, you paint interesting, convincing settings and character interactions. Kaede and Hath make quite a sweet "couple", but I have to wonder whether Kaede realised how harsh that was. She's quite a skilled debater, too, certainly enough to shake Hath's certainties, even if the core of her argument is fundamentally amoral ("It tastes good, so morals don't factor into it").
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Currently, the Sapere Aude site is down. Some of you may have noticed its return for a few days, but after consideration to the changes I'm going to be making to both the story and the characters I thought it would be best to keep it 'close to the chest' until after the changes are made. I think this will prevent confusion from forming due to all the shifts that are currently occurring on a daily basis.

For those of you who have enjoyed the story so far, don't fret, I'm not going to be changing the background/general idea of how the story has flowed thus far, but there will be (in some cases) drastic alterations to ideas I had originally established. This will of course affect several aspects of the story, and as I've stated elsewhere I am rewriting bits and pieces of it (sometimes large bits and pieces) as I migrate from the old site to the new one.

Again, I apologize for those of you who do read it and find my work now to be inconvenient, and I cannot promise you any timelines to expect when you might see the site become public again, but I can promise that I am working on it regularly around my currently crazy schedule. Thank you for your patience, and I will have it available again as soon as I can. Of course, not too soon that I might sacrifice the quality of the work though...

#Edit#

February Update

March Update

End of March Update

Last edited by aethernavale on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Bumping this for update journal links on dA.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Another bump for rationale change.

I've wiped the slate clean from my old blog and set it back up as a microblogging platform (blog.aethernavale.net, not felarya.aethernavale.net). Still WordPress of course. I did this because I was horrible about updating the blog (sometimes going half a year without updates) as I always felt like I needed to fill up a certain amount of space to make an entry. With this new theme I don't feel quite so obligated so hopefully I'll do more with it.

The blog site is available here and you can also access it by clicking the WWW link on my profile. The entire domain is currently being hosted by an external company so connection issues and timeouts should be a thing of the past. Still waiting to do domain transfers from the old registrar so I can enable the more advanced security features I intend to have for the sites (specifically the felarya subdomain will have SSL, and since all users are required to register everyone will access via that method. The certificate I desire is a signed authoritative one, which I cannot get without a few prerequisites that are currently in progress).

My intention as far as Felarya goes with regards to the blog is that minor changes and edits as I make them, or WIPs of my characters by other artists, or the issues I'm dealing with/running into will be posted on the blog site, and the Updates header under the felarya subdomain will only be updated when major changes occur (new story chapter, edits/revisions done, addition of new pages, et cetera). I think this system will work rather well.

Of course, that also means you have to be of a certain age to view it now, but I didn't make the blog subdomain a registration site like the felaryan subdomain will be. It's just got one of those age verification things, so be honest.

I suppose some would say I could use dA, but honestly the past two weeks with dA have been a nightmare of timeouts, server errors, and other miscellaneous garbage. There have been times where I couldn't browse the site at all. I have no idea what's going on with them but it is very annoying. More importantly, I like having more control over presentation and security and backups than that which is afforded by offered services such as dA, FB, MySpace, Twitter, et cetera.

The blog has it's RSS feed enabled, so for those of us who use RSS feeds you can use that to see what's up. The felarya subdomain will not have an RSS feed due to security and configuration concerns/conflicts.

That should be all for now. Ciao, cyas.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Sapere Aude has returned!

For new and returning users, you must now register for access to the site. If you don't get your registration emails please let me know, I'll set you a temp password so you can login.

I also recommend that everyone actually read the Q&A/Disclaimer before registering. And then if you accept all that I recommend reading both the front page entry 'About the Site' and the blog entry under 'Updates' for the information contained within.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:18 pm

So, for those that don't know I've been having major issues with my hosting provider ever since hooking up with them.

I've finally had it up to here with all the glitches and bugs (and the recurring theme of problems I've been having lately regarding some critical backend processes) and I will most likely be moving to another hosting provider soon. The issue is of course the mature content filter - it is very difficult finding professional, well built installations for host platforms that also allow adult/mature content.

Currently talking with another one in particular right now, we'll see where it goes.

During the move the site will not be accessible, and things might not work right for a while as DNS propagates across ICANN. I'll let everyone know again when I get things worked out.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Site should be restored to operation. Make sure to clear out your cache, a lot of things have changed. Not the least of which is the URL.

Additionally, it should be noted that viewing the website with MIE will result in CSS issues. I have tested the website with Palemoon, Firefox, and Chrome - all work fine. If you use Opera or Safari and have aesthetic issues let me know.

Why you would choose to use MIE as your browser anyway, I do not know.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:24 am

I've heard good things about this story, and I think I might want to read it, but every time I access the site it gives me a "403: Forbidden" error. Is this problem on my end, or is the site not working?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 pm

I got the same thing. It's cuz the link in aethernavale's signature is wrong, you have to go to https://sapereaude.aethernavale.net/about
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:42 am

Actually, it was a problem with your browser choice.

For some reason, particular browsers (that I don't tend to use often) did not recognize the .htaccess rules for the <mod_rewrite.c> item. Thus, redirection from the old portal site to the incorporated portal site didn't work for users with those browser varieties.

I have since modified it to be a php redirect, and tested with Safari/MIE/FF/PM/Chrome and it works across those. If you experience other such issues with it you can contact me directly; I don't check the forums here as often as I used to.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Looks like I'm starting to get 403 errors again. Not sure what the deal is, but I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies for safe measure, still no luck.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, for future reference.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 am

Site is removed. Like my signature indicates.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm

aethernavale wrote:
Site is removed. Like my signature indicates.

Ah, okay. I just hope this isn't something that will last long, I was at quite a cliffhanger when the site went down.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Um, hey, I was wondering, would you have any objection if I were to look up this story on the Internet Archive? I don't want to do anything that would bother you, but this story is really good, and I just want to know if this would mess anything up.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Information regarding my current status and the status of the story is now available in one of my dA journal posts (click here for link).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sapere Aude   Sapere Aude - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sapere Aude
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next