Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium

Go down 
+8
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
Karbo
tkh1304
Oldman40k2003
DaNoob13
Stabs
AisuKaiko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I like that idea, and it gives another opportunity to test a group's teamwork, as if some are puked over, the others will have to defend them. Question, are the depressant fumes only temporary? If so, how long do they usually last?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I added to the Wolaws a bit. I'd very much appreciate feedback :3
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Well, I approve of this beast, since you want feedback. I can't see anything wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I guess I'll post a plant or two here for your scrutiny, even though it's a plant and this thread is for animals... nyeh!

Fairyleaf

Fairyleaf is a plant known for its four-lobed, transparent leaves that resemble fairy wings. They grow predominantly in the more temperate regions of Felarya, but have been known to thrive in tropical areas. Its bitter leaves contain a mild stimulant that gives human-sized beings a moderate kick when consumed. The gossamer leaves of the plant are often dried and used to make a sort of 'energy tea'. Aside from its stimulating effects, Fairyleaf tea, when drank cold, is highly refreshing and will cool anyone off on a hot day.

Fairyleaf is also used for garnish in some Negavian restaurants. Its ethereal appearance makes it perfect for embellishing fine dishes.

Mercyvine

Mercyvine is a rare vine with blue bioluminescent flowers that grows around large trees in the jungles of Felarya. Seeing its lovely flowers may give an adventurer the urge to pick them, but this would be a bad idea. If any part of the plant is damaged or forcibly removed, the vine suddenly emits a loud, terrible screech as if it were in pain. Not only would the hapless adventurer feel guilty, but the cry would alert nearby predators to their location. Travelers who have learned the hard way about this odd plant have only one bit of advice for newbies: "Show mercy for the Mercyvines."
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

If only the mercyvine was a 1-up. Even when Felarya shows you mercy, it really doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

I like, though with the fairyleaf, don't fairy wings vary from fairy to fairy?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm going with the thin transparent fly wings, I guess o:
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Changed the name of the thread. Got some ideas to expand on the Imoreith Tundra o:

Nordek Icecap

Danger: Hazardous

As one travels north on the Imoreith Tundra, more and more snow and ice will be seen, and in the northernmost reaches is a massive glacier that covers a large area of land. One who is unfortunate enough to find themselves on this frozen wasteland will see nothing but broken and craggy ice and the occasional rocky peak poking up through the many-miles-thick sheet of ice. The odd sound effects of the Tundra is much more evident here; when out in the wilderness, it is impossible to hear anything outside of the frigid winds that isn't right up in your face. Nothing can grow here, and very few animals make this place home, due to the incredibly inhospitible environment.

Despite the low biological diversity, a hike through the Nordek Icecap would still be extremely dangerous. The climate itself is an adventurer's worst enemy; unless specialized gear is equipped, it won't take long for even the hardiest fellow to freeze to death. If that's not enough, many deep crevasses run through the glacier, and an unwary party can easily tumble into these chasms to their deaths.

Of course, there are a few animals who had evolved to survive in the frozen hell. Monstrous, alien creatures that will attack any morsel without hesitating lurk both over and under the ice. The Nordek Icecap is also a prime location for ice elementals and Frost Sprites, who manage to etch out an existence in this extreme land.

It should be noted that occasionally, a part of the region will be slightly warmed up by volcanic activity, allowing a more hospitible oasis to the icy deathlands. Of course, predators seem to be aware of the tendency for things to flock toward hotspots, so one shouldn't expect absolute safety. At night, the lights in the sky seem much brighter and more colorful above this zone.

Glissando Sea

Danger: High

Somewhere in the center of the Imoreith Tundra, there is a body of water carved out in a rocky valley. The deep, chilly water is home to many fish and mermaids whose bodies are equipped with a natural antifreeze that allows them to live under the often-frozen surface of the sea; creatures who are not adapted to survive in the water quickly become too cold to function. At the bottom of the lake are many caverns and tunnels that travel all around underneath the sea floor, giving all sorts of shelters for the beings that thrive in the water.

The lake has one bizarre feature; the water seems to emit a bizarre tone. The tone's origin is unknown, and it sounds as though it is constantly descending in pitch, though in reality, the pitch remains relatively constant. The sound fills all who hear it with a feeling of unease, and as such, very few land creatures spend little time near the shores. The tone doesn't seem to be audible under the water, though.

I'd really love ideas to improve and add upon these ideas :3

Last edited by AisuKaiko on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:16 pm

You skipped a word when you mentioned there was very few life. This is a good idea since we've never had a frozen wasteland yet. A frozen mountain, but not a wasteland. Since we got a lake who, mysteriously, didn't freeze all over despite the abysmal temperature, I guess a sub-variety of arctic mermaids is unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:50 pm

There you go, Killer Whale Mermaids... or Orcamaidens. How's that for an idea? Might get a little bloody though.

I can see those living there.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm

gt500x wrote:
There you go, Killer Whale Mermaids... or Orcamaidens. How's that for an idea? Might get a little bloody though.

I can see those living there.
Eh, I don't know...

Orca's and other sea mammals need air, which they wouldn't get if the sea froze over.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Well, there are plenty of examples of orcas going under ice shelves in Antarctica. I'm sure there are places for them to breathe. Fissures and breaks are common in glaciers. In fact, I remember Aisu mentioning on Vent while forming the idea that he imagined there'd be fissures.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:09 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
In fact, I remember Aisu mentioning on Vent while forming the idea that he imagined there'd be fissures.
Actually that was me.
In the ice of a frozen sea (like the Arctic) , there are complex systems of cracks and even tunnels. These obviously allow air through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Ah. My mistake, then. I knew someone said something like that.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Here's a Fauna to help develop the Nordek Icecap. Thanks, Nobody for the name, and thanks Nobody, Zion, Cliff, and anyone else I missed for helping put it together :3

Varakor

10 feet high

Danger: High

A Varakor is a truly alien being; it stands on four insect-like legs that stand 90 degrees from one another. The thorax is thin, the back has spikes running down its length, and its arms are long, mantis-like scythes. It has a white exoskeleton and on its head are three massive blue compound eyes and a long, serrated beaklike appendage.

Using an acute ability to detect scents in the air, it stalks its prey vehemently, its white body blending in against the icy backdrop. It sneaks around its prey patiently and carefully, using extreme care to avoid crevasses and chasms. After coming within proximity of its prey, it attacks with its claws and beak to quickly down the target and devour it.

Varakors are generally solitary beings, with large-reaching territories that only overlap slightly around the borders. Very rarely, though, a group of two or three will hunt together, though their synergy is often terrible and they work poorly together.

Last edited by AisuKaiko on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:40 pm

You may want to tone down the theat level. Very High tends to mean "can take on a small army".
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:36 am

Alright, I fixed the danger label o:
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:41 am

Nice job on the Nordek Icecap Smile
It's really well described and easy to visualize. The volcanic activity idea is also a nice touch ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks o:

Are there any extra touches I could add to it? Like, some fine-tuning to make it prettier? :3

Ah well, more stuff to develop it:

Glashell

Threat: Minimal

Size: 7 feet long

An odd furred snail-like creature that slithers about the Nordek Icecap. It uses a special fluid, which is a natural antifreeze, to melt out chunks of ice that it uses as a shell. It doesn't rely on its ice shell for protection, but rather camoflauge. When it detects danger nearby, it completely retracts into its shell and stays completely still, taking on the appearence of a simple ice chunk.

Once can recognize a chunk of ice as a Glashell if there is an especially icy path leading up to it. The creature's slime freezes the minute it leaves its body, leaving smooth, slippery hazards for others that cross their paths. If one is very unlucky and unobservant, they could slip on a Glashell's trail and stumble into a crevasse!

Volychen

Volychen holds the record of being the only plantlife that grows in the Nordek Icecap. This hardy moss clusters around volcanic hotspots, where the temperature is only slightly warmer, where it clings to rocks and cliffs. They come in various colors, including red, green, blue, and amber, and as such, the surfaces they cover tend to have a bizarre appearence of being both furry and colorful.

Their defining feature is that, when a strong enough of an impact is dealt to the moss, it emits a tone that sounds a bit like a hit on a xylophone. Different patches have different tones, and unlike other sounds in the icecap, these seem to carry much farther, echoing far beyond the range of normal sounds on the icecap. This could be a defense mechanism, as creatures that go about trampling or eating the moss run the risk of alerting predators to their location.

Oyenk

Threat: Low

Size: 8 feet high

Oyenk at first glance look like large, scout mammals covered in a thick, long brown fur. However, closer examination reveals that they have six, suction cup-like feet under their hair, and instead of a typical mammalian face, they have five compound eyes and two long probosces with mouthlike parts on their ends.

These bizarre monstrocities travel in herds across the Nordek Icecap, migrating between volcanic hotspots on set routes. Using their probosces, they pat at the ground in front of them, remaining wary of crevasses and pitfalls that could spell their end. Upon arriving on these warm oases in the wasteland, they spend time eating the moss with their bizarre mouthparts, scraping it from the rocks and swallowing, before moving on. Between their feeding grounds, these animals are prime targets for the Varakor that often follow these herds.

These creatures are normally docile, and do not stampede, but when angered, their bites are often quite painful. Piss off a whole herd, and expect to be swarmed if you can't get away.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Random idea, pay no mind.

Silvilli

3 feet long
Threat: Minimal

Silvilli are small, metallic fish that live mostly in the Jewel River. By themselves, they are fairly nondescript, silver fish with long, streamlined bodies. However, these fish are never found alone; Silvilli are programmed to swim in absolutely massive schools. In deeper water, Silvilli schools can reach a thousand individuals, swimming together in unison, and the schools overall are usually as large as many giant river predators, if not larger.

The schooling is usually done to deter most predators from attacking their ranks through size intimidation. Of course, sapient predators such as mermaids may prey upon Silvilli, as they tend to be less easily fooled by the size of the schools, though very few exists that can erase an entire school from the river.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium   Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aisu's Absurd Idea Emporium
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next