Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feathered Nagas

Go down 
+2
Anime-Junkie
Quetzalcoatl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey
Quetzalcoatl

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 am

Feathered Nagas are a species of long forgotten nagas from another dimension. They were reveered by mesoamerican races like the Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas. They beleived them to be gods of nature and the sky, and fed them human sacrifices to ensure that the sun would rise the next day. In reality, these nagas had no magic abilities whatsoever, they were simply bribing the tribes so they would free food. Feathered Nagas can live for astonishingly long periods of time, as the Feathered Naga "god" Quetzalcoatl goes to show, old texts say he return sometime this century, most likely 2012. This isn't true, however, as Quetzalcoatl fell through a portal to Felarya during his underground slumber, along with all the other Feathered Nagas. They are currently allied with the Dridders, as they see good in all beings, no matter what they look like or how low their I.Q. may be. (Pictures belong to JusterNeko. All credit goes to him/her.)
Feathered Nagas Quetzalli_by_justerneko-d2zkrn7

Last edited by Quetzalcoatl on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:58 am

I assume that, having wings, these creatures can fly?

If they can, that presents quite a few problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey
Quetzalcoatl

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I assume that, having wings, these creatures can fly?

If they can, that presents quite a few problems.
Sorry, I meant 'Feathered'. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:59 pm

If you edit the first post you can modify the thread name.
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey
Quetzalcoatl

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Fixed it.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Sounds good in theory, but I'd personally add more descriptions, like their size, appearance beside the feathers, diet, culture, location, etc. And I'd remove the Earth references, personally, but I dunno the consensus on that.

Also, the alliance with Dridders seems a tad farfetched. While themselves may see the two races as equal, I have extreme doubts that many dridders will agree.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey
Quetzalcoatl

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:43 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Sounds good in theory, but I'd personally add more descriptions, like their size, appearance beside the feathers, diet, culture, location, etc. And I'd remove the Earth references, personally, but I dunno the consensus on that.

Also, the alliance with Dridders seems a tad farfetched. While themselves may see the two races as equal, I have extreme doubts that many dridders will agree.
Not the spider type, I mean Gerridi, since they are also peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I agree with Aisu, the Earth references can raise issues.

As for the Alliance with Gerridi, I don't see how that works since Gerridi aren't organised on that level. Maybe they could have an arrangement with a Gerridi tribe or who, but they're simply not going to be able to have a pact with the entire race.
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatl
Helpless prey
Quetzalcoatl

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I agree with Aisu, the Earth references can raise issues.

As for the Alliance with Gerridi, I don't see how that works since Gerridi aren't organised on that level. Maybe they could have an arrangement with a Gerridi tribe or who, but they're simply not going to be able to have a pact with the entire race.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 pm

don't let it get to you, they're just trying to help Smile
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:23 pm

If we don't bring it up, someone else will and they might not be as nice about it.
Most people in this forum are trying to help you when they point out inconsistencies and mistakes.

Anyway, if you're in the world you've gotta abide by the rules, it goes for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Yes, if nice people like Anime-Junkie didn't point out certain... flaws, then someone like me might come along one day.

Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 am

The winged nagas from centrol and south amearica are called Lillids there coumon powers are precognisstion and weather contrle and in one cace i know of fire breathing. On that note Lillid (or winged/feathered nagas) Are not realy a timpe of lima or naga, but are a relitve of the draconic races like Lisard men dragoon spirets, dragonkin and draconic blooded decandents or half-breeds. It is said that the Lillids race are spaned of a dragon god but witch one is unknowen to me. If i wher to gess id say a evil one (realy nearowes that down dont it) baced on the feathers and scales are usely blues, reds, greens and black. Thoe black once are usely full black. Lillid often adorn them selfs with gold and bones.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Feathered Nagas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feathered Nagas   Feathered Nagas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feathered Nagas
Page 1 of 1